Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

UEFA Champions League 2004/05

God DAMNIT liverpool did it , their bloody defense held on. And quite an uninspiring performance by chelsea for some reason , the lacked 'oomph' the hunger to win , no individual performances that were needed when you face teams with defense like liverpools , you need to extract fouls from them.

sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifmad_o.gif .

YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

What did I tell you? I said What did I tell you?

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Come on Liverpool!!! biggrin_o.gif

crazy_o.gif what'S up with chealse, not one good cross in the whole game crazy_o.gif

@ May 03 2005,22:43)]YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

What did I tell you? I said What did I tell you?

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Come on Liverpool!!!  biggrin_o.gif

Shut up and go back to making the Falklands mod tounge_o.gif .

It was though , Liverpool are such a drowsy looking team , this would be one boring final to watch now .... first barcelona go out now chelsea , whats the point of having this tournament now ghostface.gif .

Bloody sour grapes!!! It's about time we had a bit of luck against Chelski.. Now bring on Milan wink_o.gif

Who cares how you play.. Its the result that counts and we'll do the business in Istanbul. Class beats Cash....

No Duff, Bridge, Johnson etc. and Robben played in a more central position for some reason.

Hopefully I can take pride in the fact Liverpool wont be about to defend thier title next year if they go on to win tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Class beats Cash....

Where do Liverpool come in then? tounge_o.gif

No Duff, Bridge, Johnson etc. and Robben played in a more central position for some reason.

Hopefully I can take pride in the fact Liverpool wont be about to defend thier title next year if they go on to win tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

though i missed the red cards in the game rock.gif

And we didn't have Alonso because of a dodgy 'foul' and yellow card from the previous leg.. wink_o.gif

Anyway.. On points Chelsea were the better team (and that's coming from a Liverpool fan from Liverpool), but you couldn't get past our fantastic defence.. Carragher was a rock.. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Class beats Cash....

Where do Liverpool come in then? tounge_o.gif

In other words you can't buy everything with dodgy mafia money from Prince Andrew lookalike.. And Liverpool's prestigious history speaks for itself wink_o.gif

Do remember the goal given was infact not a goal it was a very dubious decision which should have been given in favour of chelsea rock.gif .

And i dont think Liverpool has clas , they just defend like crazy and tighten the game up and if they get a chance they accidently score thats it. I dislike teams that play that way , you should create your own chances.

Italian team and liverpool i foresee another who can defend the most competition , a complete boring match which could bore you to death. None of these team have that EDGE that chelsea/barca have when they search for goals thats the moments i like in watching a match the excitement.

@ May 03 2005,22:56)]Carragher was a rock..  biggrin_o.gif

Aye, he'll be at Chelsea next season after that performance tounge_o.gif

Well I'm not interested in how negative Liverpool played to be honest.. We got the result that was needed (and don't forget Liverpool had given Chelsea more than a good game home and away in the league and lost both ties...) and now we're on our way to Istanbul....

YNWA biggrin_o.gif

@ May 03 2005,22:56)]Carragher was a rock..  biggrin_o.gif

Aye, he'll be at Chelsea next season after that performance tounge_o.gif

Dont think so , as the commentators were saying hes a complete Liverpool fanboy , you cut him and he'll bleed red for liverpool tounge_o.gif .

They will. If you win, you get to defend your title regardless of your position in the national league wink_o.gif

So Liverpool would be in Champions League again and Everton would be degraded to playing UEFA Cup biggrin_o.gif

So Liverpool would be in Champions League again and Everton would be degraded to playing UEFA Cup biggrin_o.gif

Not entirely... If Liverpool win it, they still might not even qualify if they finish 5th place which is ridiculous...

nah if pool win then both teams will be in the champ league

Quote[/b] ]Uefa president Lennart Johansson has paved the way for both Everton and Liverpool to compete in next season's Champions League.

Johansson claims "the door is open" for Liverpool should they win the European Cup in May but finish outside the top four in the Premiership. Uefa has previously insisted its rules are clear, that only four teams from any one country can go forward to play in the Champions League.

see you in Istanbul!

to say liverpool were negative is just retarded.

The Official UEFA Champions League 2005/2006 regulations state:

At the request of the national association concerned, the UEFA Champions League title-holders (would be Liverpool) may be entered for this competition, as an additional representative of that association, if they have not qualified for the UEFA Champions League via the top domestic league championship. If, in such a case, the title-holders come from an association entitled to enter four teams for the UEFA Champions League (which England is), the fourth-placed club in the top domestic league championship has to be entered for the UEFA Cup (would be Everton)

UEFA Champions League regulations for 2005/2006

Congratulations Liverpool smile_o.gif

I bet the blue side of Liverpool is now sweating buckets wink_o.gif

Btw, a precedent does exist - a few years ago, when Real Madrid won the Champions League but came 5th in La Liga, 4th placed Real Sociedad were made to play in the UEFA cup. Harsh crazy_o.gif

Wasn't it Zaragoza Ronin?

Quote[/b] ]I bet the blue side of Liverpool is now sweating buckets wink_o.gif

I'll tell you if I make it back from the pub in one piece!! biggrin_o.gif

@ May 03 2005,21:51)]Class beats Cash....

Hardly it was the most boring 180 minutes of any CL game this year, it only got exciting in the last 10 minutes, Liverpool defended for 90 minutes while Chelsea had the majority of posession but still played uninspired, tbh i thinnk the European style of football will win over in Instanbul i don't think liverpool could have got away with that performance against Milan for example. The goal was extremely dodgy and i'm siding on the no goal because it was so unclear.

It's a wrong decision to allow both Liverpool and Everton to the Champions League. Entry should be by where you finish in the league only.

Dodgy goal aswell, linesman can see round corners. Should of been a peno and a yellow for Cech.

@ May 03 2005,23:31)]Wasn't it Zaragoza Ronin?
Quote[/b] ]I bet the blue side of Liverpool is now sweating buckets wink_o.gif

I'll tell you if I make it back from the pub in one piece!! biggrin_o.gif

Well, maybe...it was definitely a Real, and definitely not Madrid, that much we can agree on wink_o.gif

Don't taunt the others in their pubs, I would hate to see the release of the Falklands mod delayed because of you getting killed through bragging of denying a superior team a well-deserved Champions League spot wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

All of this is irelevant. Next season City will be in the UEFA cup, where the proper matches are at.

All of this is irelevant. Next season City will be in the UEFA cup, where the proper matches are at.

Yep, hopefully. You got our Stuart Pearce in charge biggrin_o.gif