Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

UEFA Champions League 2004/05

@ Mar. 13 2005,15:22)]Yeah I can remember Bayer Leverkeusen's manager saying how well they were gonna beat Liverpool.. As for Liverpool's nervous attack, well they were absolutely brilliant that night and battered them...

This is the same side that won their group and put 3 past Real Madrid..

It was also the same team that had 7 first team players missing. tounge_o.gif

But as a city fan, I'm secretly rooting for the scousers to pull it off, just to annoy those in Salford. wink_o.gif

edit: If Landan Donovan can play in Europe so can I...fade and repeat.

I'd rather Lyon won it - then it will piss everyone off biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

City will win it within the next 5 years blues.gif

@ Mar. 13 2005,15:22)]Yeah I can remember Bayer Leverkeusen's manager saying how well they were gonna beat Liverpool.. As for Liverpool's nervous attack, well they were absolutely brilliant that night and battered them...

This is the same side that won their group and put 3 past Real Madrid..

It was also the same team that had 7 first team players missing.  tounge_o.gif

But as a city fan, I'm secretly rooting for the scousers to pull it off, just to annoy those in Salford.  wink_o.gif

edit: If Landan Donovan can play in Europe so can I...fade and repeat.

City will win it within the next 5 years blues.gif

We're far too big a team to play in the champions league. Mid-table obscurity is where the action is at.

biggrin_o.gif

Surprised nobody has posted the next round draw, so just for you, here it is:

Quote[/b] ]Matchday 9 - Tuesday, 05 April

Liverpool - Juventus

Lyon - PSV

Matchday 9 - Wednesday, 06 April

Chelsea - Bayern

Milan - Internazionale

All matches kick off at 20:45 local time.

Feel free to thank me!  tounge_o.gif

Ahh Liverpool Juventus I'd really like to see, anyone know of a website which lists which satellite channels show which games? I get Rai (Italian) so maybe they'll be showing the Liverpool game smile_o.gif

Don't want chelsea to win it,  just to show you can't buy success.

Don't want Liverpool to win it, because they're scousers.

Rather have an Italian team or PSV win it.

Oooh your powers of observation are astounding... Couldn't you find anything else more constructive to say instead?

@ Mar. 22 2005,10:49)]

Oooh your powers of observation are astounding... Couldn't you find anything else more constructive to say instead?

ok, I don't want Liverpool to win because I'd rather PSV win it.

Not long before BOTH of us start chanting "Come on both teams", instead of "Come on you Reds" wink_o.gif

Ever since Barca went out , i can say only one team is capable of winning it and thats chelsea.

Actually, I can see it now: Juventus VS AC Milan in another tearfully boring final that will probably go to penalties again.

Anybody willing to slash my wrists now? sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

PSV drew 1-1 with Lyon tonight.

Liverpool beat Juventus 2-1...But before anybody starts rubbing it in my face, I stand by what I said! Liverpool won't get much farther. That Away goal has saved Juve and they will own Liverpool on their home turf next Wednesday. biggrin_o.gif

Nicely done by PSV to keep Lyon at a 1-1 draw. Not quite deserved but considering the last few outcomes of Lyon games a more than excellent score. They'll have to score in the return, but the PSV defense has proven to be a tough one.

God damn Ballack ruining a perfect score of 4-1 for chelsea to 4-2 , anyway not THAT big a deal i am sure chelsea will own bayern at their home as well.

Anyone bother seeing that 'other' boring match *yawn* tounge_o.gif

God damn Ballack ruining a perfect score of 4-1 for chelsea to 4-2 , anyway not THAT big a deal i am sure chelsea will own bayern at their home as well.

Anyone bother seeing that 'other' boring match *yawn* tounge_o.gif

bah, this was never a penalty. crazy_o.gif

Anyone bother seeing that 'other' boring match *yawn*  tounge_o.gif

bah, this was never a penalty. crazy_o.gif

Yeah he faked it , i am not too chuffed to be honest it was a good payback for carvalho ruining it for Barcelona wink_o.gifblues.gif .

I dont also like the fact that we might have two english team semi if Liverpool and Chelsea go through ....

FC Chelsea - FC Bayern 4:2

Milan - Inter 2:0

Liverpool - Juve 2:1

Lyon - Eindhoven 1:1

i'd love to see chelsea, inter and eindhoven come through. i'm not sure if i like juve or liverpool more... but hmm... liverpool would be my choice smile_o.gif

Chelsea is already in the final i believe , theres no team stopping them now after Barca gone. So you better think up whos gonna face them to lose the final tounge_o.gif .

i'm not sure if i like juve or liverpool more... but hmm... liverpool would be my choice smile_o.gif

Hate to disappoint you here, but it seems Liverpool bacame a weak team these days. It may be due to new coach who already mentioned to sell a great part of the team away.

i'm not sure if i like juve or liverpool more... but hmm... liverpool would be my choice smile_o.gif

Hate to disappoint you here, but it seems Liverpool bacame a weak team these days. It may be due to new coach who already mentioned to sell a great part of the team away.

Errr, he purged the team of deadwood and is in the process of rebuilding. Liv'pool should stick with Benitez and they will win the CL within 5-8 yrs, I guarantee it.

Did you know that there were many key players still missing last night?

Anyone bother seeing that 'other' boring match *yawn*  tounge_o.gif

I doubt that! They will defiently not "own" Bayern at home. Not if you consider what players had been missing. And Makaay would have definetly used the one or the other opportunity to score.

What you can say is that they maybe draw in Munich.

What kind of punishment will Inter Milan get after that accident? Very stupid to throw fireworks and full bottles at the keeper and the arbiters!

Well that goal was deinfitely OK , the refree what was he smoking? Though i never knew the docile italian public could become that violent tounge_o.gif .

Bayern just managed a narrow win with lucky goals in the end over chelsea , still lost out though. Chelsea will be pissed at letting them get a win though.

So any of you sense a english vs english semi?

I heard that one of the flares hit a goaltender and the goaltender caught on fire and the other players roasted marshmallows on the burning goaltender and then the game was cancelled because they ran out of marshmallows.

By the way, what kind of flares are those? Road flares?  Why don't they throw flares during hockey games? Wouldn't that melt the ice where the flare lands?