Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Fox hunting Ban

I am for the ban. How can it be justified to go around killing foxes for "sport"?

But yesterday the toffs proved to us that they are barbaric and have a lust for blood. Yesterday the pro-hunters could of thought of themselves as foxes (scared, nowhere to go, just about to be attacked). But at least they know how the fox feels now.

Before any of you comes out with people will lose jobs then why can't they go into drag hunting? But it doesn't have any blood involved so they wont do that.

These toffs didn't care about the miners, steelworkers etc who lost there jobs in the thousands why should we care about them. They should be hunting proper jobs not hunting foxes.

edit: This if fox hunitng with hounds which is what the commons voted on yesterday

Before I vote, which type of fox hunting are you talking about?

With hounds, if thats what you meant.

Probably about this kind of fox hunting:

fox-hunt-06.jpg

I would be against it if i had to vote! If someone want to kill somebody or something he should play a game or do it with himself/herself. This is not a sport that's a cruel fun which shows once more how intelligent humans really are.  mad_o.gif

In "good old British way", I guess.

Dozens of dogs and local peasants finding and then chasing the foxes. After some hours, poor fox gets exhausted and ripped apart by dogs.

So called hunting.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Ok now lets see them ban animal testing...that kills millions of animals a year rather than the 100-200 foxes hunting kills.

They've turned this into a class argument..."Toffs" vs the rest of us. Its bull, it should never have gone this far.

I'm not a pro hunting type but i struggle to see why this has been in the headlines fo rso long now.

I think one small group of do-gooding-morons (animal rights group) has made a mountain out of a mole hill, pushing the politicans into a corner they've been forced to make a decision so they dont look like blood thirsty aristocrats.

The reason its turned into such a disgracefull series of events is the morons on both sides. Add the more militant pro hunt people (half of which never hunted in their lives) and the "I love everything furry brigade" you get a very small number of political agitatiors making a lot of noise over a relatively (When compared to endangered animals, animal testing, stray dog controls etc) small issue.

Its politics nothing more.

I

Stop animal tests would be a intelligent chess move, too. But i think this is something which has a greater money involvement than fox hunting. And everyone knows what effect money (can) has on people.  ghostface.gif

With hounds, if thats what you meant.

Ok. Wouldn't call that hunting, though.

@ Sep. 16 2004,10:53)]

In "good old British way", I guess.

Dozens of dogs and local peasants finding and then chasing the foxes. After some hours, poor fox gets exhausted and ripped apart by dogs.

So called hunting.

Hahaha , we dont have peasants in England now , just the rich and the financialy challenged.

Foxes are a self regulating species , meaning they do not need culling .

The hunt is just a symbol of the divide between the have and have nots.

If an animal is to be killed 'for sport' it should be done so humanely. Mauling by dogs is anything but.

I'm surprised this kind of savagery is still lingering around in western cultures.

If an animal is to be killed 'for sport' it should be done so humanely. Mauling by dogs is anything but.

I agree.

The definition of "humanely" is completely subjective, but to me it's enough that the animal gets a quick death. That means that the most humane (by my definitioin efficient) weapons should be used. Anything else just increases the risk of only wounding the animal.

Foxes are a self regulating species , meaning they do not need culling .

Every predator is. But its prey isn't.

I'm not tottaly against hunting ,but IMO hunting with superior rifles and packs of hunting dogs is way to easy and effeciant ,and i'm against that.

Personally ,i find that hunters should be forced to hunt with bows with short ranges on not extinsion threathening animals only ,atleast it would take some skill to sneak up and actually hit something ,especially small targets.

Voted for ban, I also think bullfighting should have been banned a long, long time ago but that's another poll for another time smile_o.gif

I´m all for the ban. If you need to kill animals do it fast. Causing them pain , stress and other things before you kill them is inhuman and therefore should be banned.

Traditions....well we had the tradition to burn women with red hair some time ago. Do we still fight for this tradition ?

Not everything that is traditional is good per definition.

In africa they dewomenize children. Tradition. Good ? No.

I´m with placebo on the bullfighting issue. And I do go a step further and say that even Bullriding and Rodeos are wrong. Crush a bulls eggs intentionally to make him wild is just so low.

I hope there will be a punishment for all those people who have fun in hurting or torturing animals for traditions or fun or so called "sports".

Maybe they should be hunted with dogs or slowly bleed to death...

Guest RKSL-Rock
it's not allowed here so it shouldn't be allowed in GB

theres an open minded individual.... tounge_o.gif

Perhaps such a fox hunt was needed in times where an overpopulation of foxes lived in the forests, fields etc. But i don't think that this case is up to date.

Hey but we have an overpopulation of humans.... tounge_o.gif

This whole issue does seem to stink of 'Old Labour' getting one over the Aristocracy, or "toffs". There's certainly more to it than protecting the lives of a few foxes. rock.gif

Ok now lets see them ban animal testing...that kills millions of animals a year rather than the 100-200 foxes hunting kills.

They've turned this into a class argument..."Toffs" vs the rest of us.  Its bull, it should never have gone this far.

I'm not a pro hunting type but i struggle to see why this has been in the headlines fo rso long now.

I think one small group of do-gooding-morons (animal rights group) has made a mountain out of a mole hill, pushing the politicans into a corner they've been forced to make a decision so they dont look like blood thirsty aristocrats.  

The reason its turned into such a disgracefull series of events is the morons on both sides. Add the more militant pro hunt people (half of which never hunted in their lives) and the "I love everything furry brigade" you get a very small number of  political agitatiors making a lot of noise over a relatively (When compared to endangered animals, animal testing, stray dog controls etc) small issue.

Its politics nothing more.

I

The big difference between animal testings and hunting is that foxes are a rare species.  Mice however aren't rare at all.

I don't think animals should be killed/tested on but there IS a huge difference.

Killing is always wrong if you ask me...

Anyone who votes against the ban is sick if you ask me...

Foxes are beautiful animals, there's no reason to slaughter them.  They are rare enough already.

It's time that we selfish smelly assholes (also known as humans) show some respect for animals.

We're by far the dumbest species out there...

Foxes are beautiful animals, there's no reason to slaughter them.  They are rare enough already.

How about 'vermin control'?

Anyway, they're not rare. Current population of 258,000. How many foxes are killed per year in hunts? 20-30?

How about 'vermin control'?

Anyway, they're not rare. Current population of 258,000. How many foxes are killed per year in hunts? 20-30?

Hmmm thought they were pretty rare...

My bad i guess...

Sure if the foxes cause problems then something should be done about it. However, hunting them down isn't a good way to take care of a population that's too big. It's disgusting if you ask me.

Those animals are living beings too, sure we the "superior" assholes think their life is worth nothing but that's exactly why we are the assholes...

It's disgusting to hunt something down and let it get ripped to pieces... Only fucked up ppl would do something like that. If you want to control a population then a professional should take care of it with a gun.

It's a lot cleaner, the fox dies straightaway (i don't want them do die but if they cause problems to nature then i guess it has to happen) and the professional can decide what fox should get killed and what fox should stay alive. I don't think the hunters really give a fuck about what fox they kill...

It's disgusting to hunt something down and let it get ripped to pieces... Only fucked up ppl would do something like that.  If you want to control a population then a professional should take care of it with a gun.  

It's a lot cleaner, the fox dies straightaway (i don't want them do die but if they cause problems to nature then i guess it has to happen) and the professional can decide what fox should get killed and what fox should stay alive.  I don't think the hunters really give a fuck about what fox they kill...

I take it you don't eat fish then? As fishing causes unneccessary pain and suffering on the animal. Should we ban fishing too (the UK's most popular sport)? In fact i bet you have friends or family who go fishing. Are they "fucked up" people too?

Also, what about that steak you ate last week. Can you be absolutely certain that the cow didn't feel any pain as the bolt was fired through its brain?

I suppose it's hard to feel so morally outraged when Big Macs taste soooo good!  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I am actually against hunting with hounds. Having an animal ripped to pieces and tortured is inhumane. That being said I'm not against all hunting though, as long as the death is quick.

Personally I'm no hunter though. I just like animals too much, I couldn't possibly bring my self to kill one.