Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Fox hunting Ban

My Grandpa was known for his smacks into faces of hunters when they werent able to kill an animal with the first shot.

So what did he do when he himself only mortally wounded the animal, allowing it to escape before he could fire a 2nd shot? Did he beat himself up with guilt? Perhaps he attended some hunters counselling sessions?   wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I agree with you but its not us brits it's them toffs.

I think you'll find "them toffs" are Brits too. Or maybe not...how are things down at the BNP social club these days anyway?

Well strangely enough in germany this rarely happens cause it is considered as dishonourable (I think I said that already). Either you have the chance to pull the trigger or you dont. In case such a thing realy happens then you got to chase the wounded animal with the dogs untill you find it. May it be night or day.

They dont do such things as lucky shots in germany. At least not in the generation of my grandpa

(albert filled with pride)

Yep, same in Norway as we practice so called "ethical hunting" . Lot's of written rules and several unwritten ones such as never stand over an animal you've just shot to show it respect etc.

It works very well I have to say - and in the few cases where it doesn't people are facing the court system - and in a strict way too!

I say ban all hunting, we shouldnt be hunting as a sport, we should only hunt for animals unless we really NEED to

As far as I care, anyone who uses a platoon to hunt down a fox-size animal is a poof. What I'd really like to see is a safari hunter taking down a lion with a blunted steak knife. Now that would be an achievement that could be bragged about tounge_o.gif .

I say ban all hunting, we shouldnt be hunting as a sport, we should only hunt for animals unless we really NEED to

Of course - how could I possibly be so stupid. It goes without saying that we should ban hunting. It's so much better to stuff animals together in confined spaces with barely any social life and also risk pain and horror when transporting them alive around before they reach the butcher. Now that is food with a conscience if you ask me!

And Poof or not M21man - look who's talking! Don't you come from a nation where they play Rugby with protection  wink_o.gif

Of course - how could I possibly be so stupid. It goes without saying that we should ban hunting. It's so much better to stuff animals together in confined spaces with barely any social life and also risk pain and horror when transporting them alive around before they reach the butcher. Now that is food with a conscience if you ask me!

And Poof or not M21man - look who's talking! Don't you come from a nation where they play Rugby with protection  wink_o.gif

As far as i'm concerned, they can rebuild all the forrests on this planet and let nature go it's way again. Then we can hunt for food the normal way, back to basics but with some luxury... I don't think i'd mind that much...

Sad enough, we've fucked up this world too much already...

As far as i'm concerned, they can rebuild all the forrests on this planet and let nature go it's way again.  Then we can hunt for food the normal way, back to basics but with some luxury... I don't think i'd mind that much...

Sad enough, we've fucked up this world too much already...

Well, hunting creates jobs, joy, food and knowledge about our environment. It also creates in large parts a healthy wildlife where it's regulated. Hunting makes sure that the animals live a much less stressful life while they are at their prime instead of dying weakened and old outcasted from their social life.

Actually, If I was an animal I'd be happy to be hunted down when life was lived to it's full instead of dying weak and sick of age.

I don't think this is about hunting in general - I have no problem with that. I have a problem with 20 people hunting after one little fox, using horses and packs of dogs. That is neither population control, nor is it a 'humane' way of hunting. It's just sick fun for some 'traditionalists'. The excuses that are used to justify what they are doing are so flawed (when considering the way they're 'hunting') that it just makes me laugh.

And the number of job actually created by that is marginal. If the hunt was done in another way people would find work there, too.

No, quite the contrary.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think this is about hunting in general - I have no problem with that. I have a problem with 20 people hunting after one little fox, using horses and packs of dogs.

Well, it's a love or hate relationship I guess. I for one certainly would like to participate as a Terrier Man (almost what I do home in Norway) .

Quote[/b] ]That is neither population control, nor is it a 'humane' way of hunting.

Oh yes, it is population control - and bloody effective too, and it's also very "humane" considering the alternatives like gassing, poison and traps.

Quote[/b] ]It's just sick fun for some 'traditionalists'.

It's also good fun for a lot of traditionalists - and most of the rural community loves it as well.

Quote[/b] ]The excuses that are used to justify what they are doing are so flawed (when considering the way they're 'hunting') that it just makes me laugh.

?

Quote[/b] ]And the number of job actually created by that is marginal. If the hunt was done in another way people would find work there, too.

Yeah, I guess if they close down all the factories in the Rühr area people will find jobs in ten years time?

I am fine with hunting in general, since it is "needed" for the sake of the animals. Atleast here, in Europe where most (if not all) of the natual enemies of deer, elk and so and so forth are non-existant. The wolves are present, but their numbers are tiny.

I could never hunt myself though, I would feel sick taking the life of an animal for personal enjoyment.

And I think I have changed my views on foxhunting, the alternatives would be much more inhumane. Traps equals starvation, poisonous gas would kill a whole lot of other wildlife, and would also be very stressful for the animal.

I still wouldn't consider it hunting though, mind you.

Quote[/b] ]I am fine with hunting in general, since it is "needed" for the sake of the animals. Atleast here, in Europe where most (if not all) of the natual enemies of deer, elk and so and so forth are non-existant. The wolves are present, but their numbers are tiny.

I could never hunt myself though, I would feel sick taking the life of an animal for personal enjoyment.

And I think I have changed my views on foxhunting, the alternatives would be much more inhumane. Traps equals starvation, poisonous gas would kill a whole lot of other wildlife, and would also be very stressful for the animal.

It's good to see people actually open their mind like you instead of being dogmatic and negative like so many others.

Quote[/b] ]I still wouldn't consider it hunting though, mind you.

I'd be fine with the term "sport" though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh yes, it is population control - and bloody effective too, and it's also very "humane" considering the alternatives like gassing, poison and traps.

Why don´t you mention drugs for population control that DON´T kill the fox but make them sterile. That way they can live on and don´t overpopulate.

Smart idea heh ?

Practised in numerous european countries...oh sorry you miss the fun of killing minor mammals. I´m so sorry for you.

Change of mind anyone ?

Quote[/b] ]Oh yes, it is population control - and bloody effective too, and it's also very "humane" considering the alternatives like gassing, poison and traps.

Why don´t you mention drugs for population control that DON´T kill the fox but make them sterile. That way they can live on and don´t overpopulate.

Smart idea heh ?

Practised in numerous european countries...oh sorry you miss the fun of killing minor mammals. I´m so sorry for you.

Change of mind anyone ?

Sorry, but it sounds like a bad idea for two reasons - possibly more.

For one you would have no means of controlling the birth rate if you want the foxes to stay in a given area. Drugs suggests an "all or nothing" approach instead of having a solid foundation of various wildlife in the area.

No culling would put the rest of the wildlife at risk because of the lack of foxes.

Many places - like here in the western parts of Norway - you would find the local environments so barren that anything else than hunting as a mean of population control would have serious effects on the environment. This happened in the eighties when foxhunting became unfashionable and the foxpest became worse as an effect of the lack of hunting.

For large areas in Germany drugs might be a good solution - in most of scandinavia it sure as hell isn't an alternative.

And yes, killing foxes and mink makes me feel good. It's good for my dog, for the environment and it's good for me!