sad_o.gif   crazy_o.gif  rock.gif  mad_o.gif

what more can i say

sad_o.gif this perhaps

I have hunted foxes since I could ride.

It is the best sport on earth

I would do *ANYTHING* to stop a ban

sad_o.gif

You joking? you would do anything? I doubt it

Its not the best sport in the earth at all, actually one of the worst, wot do you do? Sit on a horse and let dogs run amok killing the fox?

mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif Did you get smacked by the police yesterday? you deserve it  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

Nah i like the running around in the dark in DPM approach much better with a high powered lamp much more fun also keeps you a lot more fitter also find lurchers much better a dog to work with biggrin_o.gif and also hunting dogs arnt generally raging animals they tend to be very friendly to humans.

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but in the UK, using more large areas of land solely for conservation is not very feasable, for is it required. Mostl of the countryside here is occupied by farmland (as it has done for hundreds of years) which is just about big enough to support the current industry AFAIK, and current farming practices in the UK aren't usually detrimental to wildlife (except ground-nesting birds such as lapwings) as most of them are well adapted to life in farmland, and many of our national parks and reserves are used for farming. It's not like we clear vast areas of natural countryside for the sake of creating farmland, because there is very little of that left now (apart from wetlands but most of these are nature reserves now anyway).

Indeed these days you won't clear nature reserve's anymore or highly scarsely ,however just like belgium it once had many many more forests and nature ,most of the nature has been chopped trough the century's of our long history and most of it probably at the start of the industrial revolution when wood was an important energy source and consumed at extreme high rate's.

You can compare that to the development in country's like Brazil these days wich are clearing hughe tracks of rain forest for economical reasons (logging industry) and expansion of farmland.

Faming and growing livestock can firstly be done on smaller land area's if needed actually ,then again keeping 10.000 chickens in a battery with artificial light's cramped room and fecies food raises ethical questions to a an ex.

Another thing is that you can import food of nessecary like country's like Belgium ,the Netherlands and Germany do from big rural country's like france or Argentina for ex.if you think that living space is small in England try to live in the lowlands lol population density is even more extreme here ,in any case the lowlands import most of it's rural food from France and keeps it's animal's in extremely dense banimal battery's ,Belgium as a country of 10 million people has a chicken poppulation of IIRC 30 million chickens on a space that is probably 1/100 of our space.But then again ,keeping animals on such small spaces to preserve the nature of a far smaller number of life in preserve's naturally raises other questions.

Another thing is international social matters related to this ,we highly fund our own agriculture to ourtcompete the large agricultural producers of poor country's in Africa etc. ,while we should better import it to make life conditions there better ,ah well protectionism is an old story.

Our agricultural isn't just determinal to widelife "anymore".We just exterminated the wildlife that threatend our wildlife decade's ago.there used to be way more predator's in our forests century's ago like wolves but due to human expansion notably since the age of industrialization we got those animals extinct for the benifit of our security and our farmers ,atleast the farmers probably made work of that.

Quote[/b] ]The remaining land in the countryside will probably be required for housing very soon as there is a bit of a housing crisis in the UK right now, there aren't enough cheap ones for sale, and new ones aren't being built quick enough to keep up with demand. The UK is a pretty small island, after all so we have to be careful with our land use nowadays.

You know ,you can build in height? Afcourse you know sorry of being sarcastic ,but human likes to live in a nice villa with a large garden around it and nobody living against his wall's ,but we could also live in actually sizable appartmnts if nessecary but then build in fair height afcourse and thus on a much lower

area.

If you think england has a living area crisis then try to live in the Netherlands ,Pim fortuyn's quote "Nederlands is full" was a quite striking one indeed ,these days the Netherlands have whole colony's over it's borders in Belgium and Germany because they just aint no space anymore in the Nethelands ,and a large amount of people live on boat houses.i think it's time that the netherlands wins some more land on the sea again like it did with that area North-East of Amsterdam.

Quote[/b] ]I have hunted foxes since I could ride.

It is the best sport on earth

i play some soccer ,a lot of tennis and some baseball to.i think they are way better than fox hunting ,wich IMO ISNT EVEN A SPORT!!

i play some soccer ,a lot of tennis and some baseball to.i think they are way better than fox hunting ,wich IMO ISNT EVEN A SPORT!!

Have you tried it?  We have this advert for ice tea dont knock till you have tried it  biggrin_o.gif.  I reckon we could solve this problem easily force everyone in the cities who have been desensitised to killing to fast on the meat side of things then we can have our anual wacking day like homer in the simpsons.  I mean comon your opinion on fox hunting could be applied to boxing or martial arts are they sports too.  And before you say well thats not right as the fox didnt agree to compete well in a way it does by not sticking to the natural prey and going for farm animals it joins the sport.

Fox hunting: For, if properly regulated. At the moment its properly regulated. Need we go any further? I don't think so, its a good way of controlling the fox population. I dont think the hunters should be allowed to do what they want, but i think an outright ban is a bad decision.

FOR through and through

through and through? why?

This aint football where im Forest through and through till i die.

Sorry but I can't be arsed explaining myself, maybe some other time

My thoughts on this...

I try to avoid killing whenever possible, captured a wasp in my house one time and set it free... think that was a bit too dangerous seeing how I have like a 85% chance of being allergic to it. I really hate it when animals die but sometimes its for the best.

I think that they should be allowed to hunt foxes under one or both of these conditions:

a. Use it for food

b. Control the population

and also this condition ALWAYS has to be included:

c. Kill animals in a quick and painless way (Ie shooting it in the head) NO Letting the dogs loose on it. Hell I say you shouldn't be able to use dogs. Do the tracking on your own.

Jakerod

c. Kill animals in a quick and painless way (Ie shooting it in the head) NO Letting the dogs loose on it. Hell I say you shouldn't be able to use dogs. Do the tracking on your own.

I would bet once those dogs get their jaws around the neck of the fox it's dead almost instantly. It wouldn't take much to break the neck of a small dog like a fox.

Rifles are heavily restricted in the UK arent they? We usually use rifles to take care of Oppossums/skunks/stray animals as it is a lot better method than poison and cheaper than training dogs.

Poison doenst choose what it kills, so it could be a lot worse(both for the environment and other animals) than the dogs getting after them. I've seen a cat consume poison for set out for skunks once, it took about 5 hours for it to die as the poison liquified its organs. By the sound the cat made it didnt sound very painless. I would take my chances with the dogs anytime, Placebo. ;)

Owls are great for keeping mice/rat populations low without poison. I wonder if there is anything that would actually eat the foxes when they kill them?

Quote[/b] ]I liked the fat, blond woman screaming "its war now, its cilvil war" at a camera, no its not, go home you prick.

Fully agree with you there. Lets hunt the toffs down like the foxes, i mean dogs, they are.

I think I saw her too.....She yelled 'I'm a law obiding citizen'......That made me laugh and think, errr, an imoral law obiding citizen.

Also reminded me of the song by 'The Streets' about alcohol vs canabis abuse  tounge_o.gif

You think head shots are always quick and painless? At least when the dogs have a fox in thier teeth its guaranteed it wont die slowly.

Voted for ban. Why are there riots because it will be banned rock.gif Just right, using these dogs that chase a fox and rip them apart isn't exactly a "sport".

Quote[/b] ]c. Kill animals in a quick and painless way (Ie shooting it in the head) NO Letting the dogs loose on it. Hell I say you shouldn't be able to use dogs. Do the tracking on your own.

I don't think that will be possible anyway at all times or you need to be a good shooter. Just ban it.

They dont need to kill those fox hunting dogs, they can be used to protect parliment (would do a better job then the men in tights) tounge_o.gif

I think that they should be allowed to hunt foxes under one or both of these conditions:

a. Use it for food

b. Control the population

and also this condition ALWAYS has to be included:

Jakerod

I agree with the a and b conditions.

But not c. A shot in the head is too risky if the animal is able to move. A "heart shot" kills it just as quickly (in my experience it is dead before it hits the ground) with less risk that there will be a fox out there running around without a lower or upper jaw. If that happens, you really need the dogs to find it and end its suffering. Besides, most for hunting is conducted with a shotgun, no point in trying to go for head shots.

Ok now lets see them ban animal testing...that kills millions of animals a year rather than the 100-200 foxes hunting kills.

They've turned this into a class argument..."Toffs" vs the rest of us.  Its bull, it should never have gone this far.

I'm not a pro hunting type but i struggle to see why this has been in the headlines fo rso long now.

I think one small group of do-gooding-morons (animal rights group) has made a mountain out of a mole hill, pushing the politicans into a corner they've been forced to make a decision so they dont look like blood thirsty aristocrats.  

The reason its turned into such a disgracefull series of events is the morons on both sides. Add the more militant pro hunt people (half of which never hunted in their lives) and the "I love everything furry brigade" you get a very small number of  political agitatiors making a lot of noise over a relatively (When compared to endangered animals, animal testing, stray dog controls etc) small issue.

Its politics nothing more.

I

I am PRO HUNTING and my family has a long long tradition of it. My grandpa was very strickt when it came to treating animals with respect, whether you are out in the forrest to kill them or to observe them which he enjoyed doing both. And his knowledge of the forrest was incredible.

Still, from his point of view foxhunt was something terrible. Letting a crowd of dogs chase a fox to death is dishonorable cause the first priority for a hunt is to let the animal die with the shortest pain possible and not the longest. My Grandpa was known for his smacks into faces of hunters when they werent able to kill an animal with the first shot.

And before you say well thats not right as the fox didnt agree to compete well in a way it does by not sticking to the natural prey and going for farm animals it joins the sport.

HUMANS are the part of wildlife that isn't natural. It's perfecly normal for the foxes to take the easiest prey, the foxes didn't bloody put the animals to graze. Humans did.

Yes but we also killed off what would have been the foxes natural prey so they are in far larger numbers than they should be and unless we introduce a larger predator (with dire consequences for local farmers and the local population) we will have to continue killing these animals ourselves to keep their numbers down.  Think of it this way at least with dogs your aiding their natural selection process by allowing the fittest and healthiest and fastest animals to get away.  And are chimpanzee's un-natural aswell because they use instruments and tools to their advantage to catch their prey?

you see this is the point the foxes live everywhere in the UK. You cant just take a high powered rifle to them as youll end up shooting the neighbours. Also a fox is a very cunning creature in that it knows how to avoid you very well thats why dogs are the best way of finding them and killing them.

Foxes are to be found in Germany everywhere too. But it seems we started a better birth control decades ago.

Maybe someone should teach you brits that foxes naturally live in communities of around 6-7 animals and only the superior foxes (male and female) will have sexual contact. So a known fact is that if you hunt down one of them the organisation of this community changes and ALL female animals will have children during the following year. So your stupid foxhunt actually has the opposite effect.

When you terminally stopped hunting them in 2001 because of the food&mouth desease their population actually decrease by 4.5%. SURPRISE !!!

We have no problems with foxes here in Sweden, and we have them in quite large numbers aswell.

Quote[/b] ]And are chimpanzee's un-natural aswell because they use instruments and tools to their advantage to catch their prey?

Chimpanzees eat fruit and termites most of the time... Not many tools needed for that. And who said anything about un-natural? It is just sick that the animals being hunted have to be more or less tortured to death.

When hunting fox, or any other animal for that matter, in Sweden, dogs are used to signal their master of the animal being present. Not to kill the animal by itself.

and the dogs are used to return ducks that have been shot out of the sky. smile_o.gif Very useful... and they help you to find wounded animals in case the first bullet wasnt lethal. wounded and bleeding animals "schwitzen" which in english corresponds to a "sweating" animal, leaving traces for a dog to find them.

Sweat = blood in the hunters language

And before you say well thats not right as the fox didnt agree to compete well in a way it does by not sticking to the natural prey and going for farm animals it joins the sport.

You make me laugh...

Actually you don't...

You almost make me crie...

Foxes are to be found in Germany everywhere too. But it seems we started a better birth control decades ago.

Maybe someone should teach you brits that foxes naturally live in communities of around 6-7 animals and only the superior foxes (male and female) will have sexual contact. So a known fact is that if you hunt down one of them the organisation of this community changes and ALL female animals will have children during the following year. So your stupid foxhunt actually has the opposite effect.

When you terminally stopped hunting them in 2001 because of the food&mouth desease their population actually decrease by 4.5%. SURPRISE !!!

I agree with you but its not us brits it's them toffs.