Sign in to follow this  
edejl

Hidden things etc.

Ever noticed something hidden in OFP ir something like that? I noticed this a long itme ago but just thought I'd use this as an example to start the ball rolling.

So below is a small shed type thing...nothing special...right?

Well inside there is a picture...Some of you will know who it is.

hidden.jpg

I'm pretty sure this image doesn't exceed the amount allowed but I don't understand it so apologies in advance if it is!!

Hehe! never noticed that. Btw, things like that are called easter eggs. I love easter eggs, post some more if youve seen em!

Thats a picture of Lenin.

Anyway I also notice that some ofp trees change to christmas trees around christmas. They did this by puting scripts to maps that triggers the trees around that period of time only.

yurisrev.jpg

biggrin_o.gif !!!!

well, myself haven't founded any of the easter eggs... yes, some tekst in the textures , but... well... more like letters, not really words rock.gif .

to round this thread up here´s a pic of opf´s x-mas trees:

merryxmas.jpg

this shows how great opf really is, or do you know any other game that his it´s own hardcoded christmas event ? smile_o.gif

It's easy to forget the little things, but it was those that made this game stand out to me.

The blinking......... The church clocks that chime the time.....the tides........the star movements........the moon phases..........the barking dogs........

Here's a thing.....if you have the Red Hammer campaign, there's a good mission where 2 CH47 drop off a bunch of US troops whilst you have to try and defend the area.

If you go into the woods up and behind the main arena of action, you will find two guys standing over a corpse under a blanket, and the sound of a wolf plays eerily in the background.

The attention to detail in this game is fantastic. Lets not forget that it was the first major online game where we have been able to use dedicated chat channels in cars etc (only with DX) and our own faces on our characters which others benefit from too, not to mention custom sound files.......the list goes on.

Back in the day we all used to play Delta force, we used to have regular discussions about "The Perfect Game". We used to say it would combine infantry with vehicle warfare, have large terrain, be totally moddable.....

And then OFP arrived.

My only complaint about OFP, is that it is TOO addictive.

After going through the list of addiction indicators, of which you need 3 or more "Yes" answers, I would say OFP is highly addictive.......certainly to myself.

Thanks again BIS.

TJ

If you've seen the BIS fun site, then you've probably seen the pic with Viki about to pour soda on someone's head... I'm pretty sure they used his face from that pic, and put it on the red poster/sign thing in the RES gas stations.

If you go into the woods up and behind the main arena of action, you will find two guys standing over a corpse under a blanket, and the sound of a wolf plays eerily in the background.

Yeah all the things like clocks moving and the Earth's rotation! I wouldn't even have thought of including that in a game!!

I always wonder if BIS have put any other 'happenings' on a level... On the 2nd Single mission on the map there is a Base or HQ and I tried to get there to see if there was anything there, like people walking round etc. but unfortunately once you start going AWOL they shout at you and the mission ends.

I also like the way that on the campaign, if you fail a mission the campaign still continues because in real life, if you fail a mission you can't restart it!! But then the Colonel has a word if you fail too many...but this isn't a 'What I liek about OFP' thread lol

can someone tell me where i can find the christmas trees? are they on nogova or some other island?

Just incase any of you haven't noticed, all the developers are faces ingame wink_o.gif

can someone tell me where i can find the christmas trees? are they on nogova or some other island?

They only show up on christmas day I believe.

If you want to re-visit the old easter eggs, check the textures on the walls at the very top of the elevator shaft of the tallest buildings in Petrovice.

And you might just have to have your mind in the gutter for the moment, but along the eastern coast of Nogova there's a bit of a "protrusion" from the coastline.

I think I've found about every easteregg on the official islands 'cause I know them better than my own pocket. However, I've ALLWAYS missed em christmas trees. mad_o.gif

then just set your computer clock to December 25 and you will see them. They are not all over the place, though, maybe someone remembers the coordinates where you can see a lot of them together

or maybe you recognize the spot yourself

Everything should be covered here, but it's an old thread so for now you may continue wink_o.gif

....... The church clocks that chime the time.....

i once talked to a friend about what ofp2 should have.

one thing we wanted for sure were working clocks on churches ...  i don´t want to know what kind of face i made when i recognized that ofp already had it  biggrin_o.gif

on to another easteregg which only a very few people will know, i can´t even remember how to get it show up or what the name was... something like littleranger or birdranger.  basically it´s a tiny unflyable chopper  tounge_o.gif

does somebody still know the initline (think it was activated by that) which made that thing show up ?

edit: it´s called jetranger ... and avon´s faq doesn´t tell me how to get it  sad_o.gif

edit#2: found the thread biggrin_o.gif

link

ok ... Im looking for help or even a hint ....

this BIS fun site ... I know what his nickname is (The D*****t) .. I even have his full name ... but I still cant log on .. is the site still up (I get the log on screen) ? or am I doing something totally stupid ?

(I reckon I have the Username wrong)

Please gimme an idea! ....

Yeah, I noticed Lenin in the Latrine a long time ago, just never reported it...

ok ... Im looking for help or even a hint ....

this BIS fun site ... I know what his nickname is (The D*****t) .. I even have his full name ... but I still cant log on .. is the site still up (I get the log on screen) ? or am I doing something totally stupid ?

(I reckon I have the Username wrong)

Please gimme an idea! ....

its JUST his last name.

Check out the "Extra White" series from Nogova Cars inc!

tounge_o.gif

Place your player on desert island and in your init put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">car="papercar" createvehicle getpos player;player moveindriver car

No addons required  smile_o.gif

Have you noticed that yellow fields on stabilizer pylon on left side of CSLA2 "Resistance" Mi-8 are very similar to very well known 4 letter word? biggrin_o.gif

BTW. CSLA is full of easter eggs.

Check out the "Extra White" series from Nogova Cars inc!

tounge_o.gif

Place your player on desert island and in your init put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">car="papercar" createvehicle getpos player;player moveindriver car

No addons required  smile_o.gif

That's about as good as I can modell with o2! biggrin_o.gif