Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

Blackblood's desert grunts

Ok, cue the violins (or drums or whatever). This project has been gathering dust the last couple of months for very personal reasons.

Well it's rolling again. EVERYTHING is going thru a major polishing.

BTW sorry for my lack of feedback in the personal message board. Some screenies of the sniper/SF units. Nevermind the bad looking kneepad transitions...

shot1.jpg

...and a thumb.

rover.th.jpg

[ig]http://images5.theimagehosting.com/rover.jpg[/img]>100kb

shot2.th.jpg

shot4.th.jpg

...boonie, regular, smock, R&R and beret versions are also included. Stay tuned for pics. Thanx/BB

and for those of you who kindly asked to borrow polygons or textures from the BETA. Feel free to do so. smile_o.gif

I really liked the BETA and the update looks really good.

Keep up the good work man smile_o.gif

Pic

Have you fixed that problem already? (soldier outside of jeep is half invisible due to ''jeep window'' wink_o.gif )

I think that is DKMM's UK pack, and the jeep (or landrover) had a few problems, I think thats a problem with teh jeep not the men. Looking very goof thogh these guys are! biggrin_o.gif

What weapons are used by British and Aussie SF?

These are what? British?

U must say. Outstanding job man. Americans would say - FANTASTIC.

Great work !!! I am looking forward for release of these British desert units.

fighter

smile_o.gif

What weapons are used by British and Aussie SF?

These are what? British?

Those are British RMC's (if I remember the patches correctly from the latest beta-release)

Looking great Blackblood! Väldigt vackert biggrin_o.gif

Oh, and I think that some British "SF" units use the Diemaco C8, M16A2 (Pathfinder division). But you should note that the RMC's (RoyalMarineCommandos) aren't exactly what you would call "SF".

I think that is DKMM's UK pack, and the jeep (or landrover) had a few problems, I think thats a problem with teh jeep not the men. Looking very goof thogh these guys are!  biggrin_o.gif

You also get that with the BIS jeep and some objects. It is only a beta at this stage anyway..

Quote[/b] ]They your own weapons Blackblood?

No they are obviously the ones from the UKF DPM pack .

Good looking desert units , if a little too sun taned .

They your own weapons Blackblood?

huh?

Huh?

Question answered, thanks Orson.

Really pleased that others care to make modern British troops for OFP.

Nice, any chance we'll be able to remove or switch the arm patches on them to stand in as SAS?

misunderstood who was talking about which betas.

haha, no I didn't mean Bibmi's EXTREMELY old UK marines beta.

Blackblood released a v0.5 a long time ago.

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and I think that some British "SF" units use the Diemaco C8, M16A2 (Pathfinder division). But you should note that the RMC's (RoyalMarineCommandos) aren't exactly what you would call "SF".
Well, RMC's can be compared to Rangers; a highly trained light infantry unit, rather than a classic special force. They are quite special, though. RMC's use standerd infantry weapons.

British SF's use M16's and M16M203's. Diemaco's are used a lot, indeed.

I've seen some pictures RMCs using M16s in Iraq.

As for what weapons our SF use, they'll use whatever we have available that is suitable for their operational requirements.

I believe currently we have this array of weapons available:

Browning Hi-Power, Walther PPK, SiG-Sauer P226, SiG-Sauer P228, SiG-Sauer P229, MP5A3, MP5K, MP5SD, HK53, Minimi, GPMG, G3A3, G3A4, G3KA4, L115 Long Range Rifle, Barrett M82A1, L96, SA-80, LSW, M16A2, Colt Commando, C7, C8 SFW, AG36, M203, LAW 80, M72 LAW, Javelin.

We also have a wealth of weapons in storage, captured or otherwise that could potentially be used.

Though from what I've read the M16A2, GPMG, L96, Minimi, Sig P226, Browning Hi-Power and MP5 series for CRW are the weapons most commonly issued.

Well, RMC's can be compared to Rangers; a highly trained light infantry unit, rather than a classic special force. They are quite special, though.

Indeed, not quite "SF". More like shock troops, and a special operations capable unit smile_o.gif

And yes, the RMC's are special. So special they go to special classes tounge_o.gif