Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Thank you very much!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

P.S. Hope you feel better now.

Np

Not really sad_o.gif

P.S. Also uploaded version 1.5, which I apperantly forgot to add to the first post (as being released) wow_o.gif

Aww...the granade delay is only on the defualt units sad_o.gif

also...on the tail roter failure, right before the chopper hits the ground it "boost" upwerds for a soft landing rock.gif (defualt BIS)

Thank you! You did a great job

smile_o.gif

Well realisticly when you loose the tailrotor, you still have the main rotor, you can use it to slow your fall, you just can't control the spin.

If you had a engine failur usually you dive to the ground and use the energy stored in the rotors to slow down your rate of decent at the last minute known as 'deadsticking' something that you might lose your lunch when done..

sometimes i get a error message... i dont really know what causes it though....

Script \MAP_MilObj-pack\effects\partikel1_7.sqs not found

it has something to do with vehicle explosions i think.. 1st time occured when a A10 got shot down, then some trucks and last time some tanks..

cant pinpoint it though..

this is with FlashFX 1.6

This is somewhat of a slipup by me, it can be fixed by getting the Military objects pack from Mapfact.net

EDIT: I just fixed it with no need for any new addons, but Lt. Hunter isn't online right now, so you'll have to wait a little for a fixed version of the mod. Meanwhile, you can download the Mapfact Military Objects pack as a temporary fix. Here's a link - ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/MAP_MilObj-Pack_V1_0.rar

hm, then i shouldnt get the error message... i do have the military objects pack :/

hm, the script must be the one used on the mapfact fuel canisters?

intersting playing the ground attack II using the AH64, and getting tailrotor failure happen. Too bad I was over the water when I went down. gonna run it a few times see how randomly this happens.

Very interesting FlashFX, i like it.

But is there a way in the config file to totally disable the additional smoke from gunfire (soldier guns and vehicle machineguns) as in intense firefight it produces additional lag for me (the same thing in WGL actually).

And is there a config file trick to disable the "shell casing stay" on the ground, i don't need this as it creates a lot of totally un-needed objects ?

Or do i have to edit the scripts themselves in the concerned pbo to get rid of those 2 features instead of just editing the main config file ?

You have to edit the confug like it says in the _readme_ and even shows you a sample cpp file. =P

Nice and most choppers that inheret setting from the detault choppers also get the effects.

tail rotor must be hit to cause failure, which is kinda neat still, had an SU-25 sneak up on my six and blow out the tailrotor on the Bis AH64A. A R-T80 got a lucky shot taking out one of SEBNams UH1Ds as a trail bird for the BIS UH1Ss

the for mentioned error message pops up and still get this error banner cacross the top of my screen, I'll post a screnshot.

Noticed the other bas failuer scripts seem to not be working.. But oh well, its cool anyway..

Are you sure the error occurs even if you have the Mapfact Military objects addon? Sounds very strange... anyway, I'll get the fix uploaded tomorrow, or if I'm lucky, today. By the way, I really need a hosting service that I control myself! :P

I took screens I'm beta testing over at Combat I'll post em for you..fxmodtest-03.jpg

fxmodtest-04.jpg

the second thing pops up the moment a non bis choppers engine cranks up. Dosen't happen with every thrid party addon..

About the chopper FX script, this seems to be an isolated case... I have no idea what's causing it...

On a more serious note, I won't be able to work on FlashFX anymore. At least not for the time being.... Yesterday, my computer totally f'd up, and now it won't get past the starting windows screen... only a black background and the white cursor. I tried fail-safe and all that... So anyway, maybe I'll be back some time to work on it again, as of now... yeah. I've sent Lt. Hunter and The Avon Lady the fixed version of FlashFX, so that's the end of that, I guess...

And is there a config file trick to disable the "shell casing stay" on the ground, i don't need this as it creates a lot of totally un-needed objects ?

Thanks to RED from the ECP mod that pointed it to me in the ofpec forum, i finally succeeded to get rid of the shell casings staying on the floor in the ECP mod.

A search in the FlashFX editable config for the same thing came up with that part, i post it to help anyone wanting to modify the shell casing time on the ground.

Quote[/b] ] class FxCartridge: ThingEffect

{

model="\Nmod_Effects\Objects\brass";

displayName="$STR_DN_FX_CARTRIDGE";

submerged=0;

submergeSpeed=0;

timeToLive=20;

disappearAtContact=0;

So if someone want to get rid (or just modify the time before the shells disappear from the ground) search for what i quoted and modify the timeToLive parameter (to lower or make the shells stay longer) and set disappearAtContact=1 if you want a shell casing to disappear as soon it touch the ground.

I've sent Lt. Hunter and The Avon Lady the fixed version of FlashFX, so that's the end of that, I guess...

I haven't received anything from you... sad_o.gif

mad_o.gif has anyone tried using hand guns after installing this pack? I get a very odd (and a very annoying) bug where I cant walk or move once i select a handgun. When I go prone or when I crouch while the handgun is selected, it switches back to rifle weapon, BUT it doesnt bring it off my back. Instead, I am stuck in the handgun position and when I fire, the rifle on my back fires....  rock.gif yes. this is odd......but will someone else try using pistols with this mod on?

EDIT: I am running the animation pack by Dreamy Knight and I dont think thats the issue as this issue did not arise till I used this mod. I imagine its some sort of BIN error. I have no clue exactly but please look into this! Pistols are unusable with this on crazy_o.gif

I'm using 1.6 and Dreamy Knight's animations and every thing works fine smile_o.gif

You probably made a mistake installing the animation pack smile_o.gif

Well had time to sit and try out some of the effects, usualy I could never see then, till I started hammering away at some of the BIS helos.

Nice the mod does effect a few third party choppers, noticed no longer left a long smoke trail behind the chopper when heavilly damaged. You have to hit the tail rotor to cause a failure,was blasting away at Heli freaks AH64, seeing if it was still all BIs with just new skins. Firing a number of shots from a M2A2 at the tail rotor with the 25 mm cannon"fired up at most of BAS's helos and they had their own setups. Shot at BIS choppers and got intersting results. Exhuast smoke gradually got darker with the damage till you had an engine fire. Even noticed the pilot couldn't keep the bird steady as it fishtailed wildly, then head to the ground smoking as the pilot tried landing, an explossion cold be seen in the engine ares, it made a slow turn and the pilot put her down on the beach.

Helifreaks AH64 was not as lucky, it caught fire and on the way to land suffered a midair explosion, and dropped like a rock into the woods. Began firing at differnt positions o fhte choppers see what effects would be caused. The new explossion effects, are rather nice, Amazingvery little loss of FPS this all ran on Nogova on my crappy PC.

I'm using 1.6 and Dreamy Knight's animations and every thing works fine smile_o.gif

You probably made a mistake installing the animation pack smile_o.gif

I dont think I did that. Remember when Pappy (I think thats who) unpbo-ed o and anim.pbo and then distrubted those for other people to take (that way they didnt have to go through the process of installing it all themselves)? I downloaded that and used it for quite a while before ever downloading the FlashFX. Then, after installing this mod and running both of them at once, I got that very annoying handgun bug.

I am completely stumped. when I turn off FlashFx, everything works fine. Would you like me to post some pics?

I got no clue, I use Dreamy knights animation files, with FLashFX and nzero problems with the pistols. Even have it working with dynamic soundrange, whic th eonly mod it has mild compatablity with.

sound like your running another mod with it and causing a conflict.

Got just about every addon made but most of the britsh stuff, don't use mod folders. Nobody else has this problem, so must be something yor using or have done differntly.

As for pistol issue, are you using a non-compiled config? That WILL happen if a config isn't converted to a .BIN file.

Anyway, I'll work on a fix for the fuel/ammo explosions now. The previous one was lost due to complications.

>DrBobcat

To compile your .cpp config into a shiny .bin version you can use cpp2bin (very easy to use , and i never had a problem with it).

Anyone noticed if your blow up a beached boat it still makes a water splash on the land?

Funny, just for grins I blew up a fule station last night it made a large explosion with flying balls of flames. Isn't that what supposed to happen..

Yay! worked. Before I was using a bin but I think I had renamed it from CPP or something.....ROFL. That must have been the issue. Sorry fo doubting. This pack kicks ass and adds no more lag then already what is there. (In fact, in some tank battles I had LESS lag.....? rock.gif ) Anyway. Thanks for the help and rock on!

If the 1.6 is updated version then you messed up with something,once when RAD F18 crashed on ground but did not get destroyed it gave me that Mapfact Objects particle.sqs or something like that error.

The fixed, if it does indeed work, (I cannot test it right now),

should be posted tomorrow. I've submitted it to Lt. Hunter for testing.

FYI - The errors you're getting with the F18 is the exact thing I fixed in the upcoming update.