Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Main features of 2.0 as of now -

* Tracers from all aircraft mounted 30mm cannons

* Extra dust trail behind vehicles driving in the desert

* Extra sparks/embers on initial vehicle explosions

* New explosion and burning effect for barrels

* Fixed a little bug that slipped into the previous version.

* Aircraft are now slowed down when they crash into water(I messed this up in the previous version)

-------------------------------------------------------

To do -

* Add tracers to the M163(Vulcan)

* Add steam/smoke to craters or vehicle explosion sites.

* Fix a small bug related to the water-wave script

* Make the dust trail script compatible with Winter Nogojev(snow dust)

-------------------------------------------------------

2.0 is coming together real nice... You'll probably get some screenshots tomorrow. I think you're gonna like it. Anyway, this is the time to come with suggestions, bug reports, anything you want changed, fixed, or added. Report, report, report...

It is good to hear it is coming toghether well, I cannot wait to see the screenshots smile_o.gif

All the images lead back to the Imageshack upload page and not the pics ... crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

All clickable thumbnails should now be fixed smile_o.gif

I think the problem with the thumbnails is this one

On your previous attempt

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img178.exs.cx/img178/6007/p72dp.th.jpg[/IMG]

The correct should be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img178.exs.cx/img178/6007/p72dp.th.jpg[/IMG]

The difference was the " s " instead of a " & "

Not a normal "s" but a "s" using some strange font

Maybe the responsible is the keyboard langage or the forum code

Let's see if i copy paste the correct version myself :

p72dp.th.jpg

EDIT : it seems to work

There, fixed.

I'd already fixed them all for you wink_o.gif

As Sanctuary says it was a problem with the & guess you use some kind of Hebrew keyboard or something?

Sanctuary that "fixed" one doesn't actually work, you've still got the messed up & in there smile_o.gif

woah. dig the dust cloud behind the car..

nice work.

Looks amazing from the screenshots, cannot wait to see this in my own OFP soon biggrin_o.gif

Did i read something about FDF compatiblity ? . because a few days ago i had really BAD Crashes. (BOOT the whole PC without any warning)

I had an Error something with "machingun mag 5." if i used it with FDF 1.3.

I ask because want to use it at maldajah :-) with the new desert vehicle FX.

At this time i used it on our dedicated server with resi and tonal ... have some effects but not the same like in single player ?

And the last one :

I do not copy anything in my original resistance addons folder because i use mod folder.

Is there any chance to make a version direct from author the makes this , so that i/we don´t have to hope that ist the right way.

While using it in Singleplayer it runs with all the effects i know from flashfx, only in MP from DEDICATED Server missed Effects.

There is a difference between starting MP Games local as Server or running from dedicated.

PS: I am at work and can´t put in the right error message

FlashFX uses a modified config, FDF uses a modified config, Opf only allows one modified config to be used at once so if you try to use two such mods at the same time problems will arise smile_o.gif

but if i remember right Nemesis ones made a config to use FlashFx and FDF together, i just don't know if it was for version 1.8 or 1.9

i am pretty sure on that cause i know about the discussion of the fdf team about giving permission or not as they heard about it

Well, to tell you the truth - The project was scrapped. I had one, but I recently lost it. Besides, it was far from complete. Anyway, after 2.0 I'll ask the FDF team for permission to modify their config. As of right now, I just gotta get done with the configs. The new dust effect will be available on the new Afghanistan island and the main Tonal island. So will heavy rotorwash. So right now, all that really needs to be "done" is this -

* Get that damn water ripple bug fixed (maybe this won't really be neccesary).

If you have anything you'd like modified or changed, this is the time to speak out. 2.0 is relatively close now. The final change list for 2.0 -

* Vehicles driving on Desert Island(s!) such as Tonal and the Afghanistan island, will produce a big dust trail behind them.

* The ground under vehicle explosion sites will have hot steam/smoke.

* Tracers for all 30mm cannons on all aircraft.

* Running on Winter Nogojev will kick up snow when you run.

* Tank main-cannon shock-dust will now be sand dust on the Tonal and Afghanistan islands.

* Exploding cars now also produce burning and/or smoking shrapnel.

* Aircraft that crash in water will now be slowed down by the water. (Fixed, this was messed up in a previous version)

* A few small bug fixes.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna squeeze in some final new features to supplement the above, being the following -

* Make plane engines smoke before catching fire. (damage based).

* Make the tail-rotor and other damage simulation effects disableable by mission-makers via variables. I think it'll be FFX_notailspin and FFX_noplanedamage .

*sigh* Finally! Now I can go to sleep.

You should add Mungari to that list of desert islands.

Still one of my favourites...

And of course STT's desert Malden and Zwadar's Desert Everon

Also, will the chopperdust be white on Winter Islands such as Winter Nogojev, Winter Everon, Winter Malden?

Jepp waiting for it :-)

Hope to find the code for FDF ;-)

Emmi

alias

MCPXXL

You should add Mungari to that list of desert islands.

Still one of my favourites...

And of course STT's desert Malden and Zwadar's Desert Everon

Also, will the chopperdust be white on Winter Islands such as Winter Nogojev, Winter Everon, Winter Malden?

Mungari already has desert-style dust. STT's desert Malden - Already has Desert dust. Zwadar's desert Everon - I'll add that today. As far as snow dust goes - Winter Nogojev already has that. I'll have to work on Winter Everon and Winter Malden. I'm gonna mess around with this for a little while. Meanwhile, I need a list of popular islands that aren't just grassy. Already added it to the new Afghanistan island.

Small note: I'm gonna delay 2.0 because... well, I'm lazy. Also, I'd like to give myself some time to work on 2.0. I want it to be a good release, and not just some rushed new version.

well, I'm lazy

I think that is the most acceptable reason I have ever heard!

Take your time, last FFX version works fine, we can wait for the next one.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Was the missing addon "flah" error ever explained? Only response I ever saw was "it happens when the mission has more than 20 many or something", I assume it's the FlashRam part of FlashFX? I use FlashFX with the Dynamic Afghanistan mod and each time I start the mission or load a saved game the first time I fire a weapon I get the error message "missing addon flah" then it works fine? smile_o.gif