Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

FischKopp HMMWV

Quote[/b] ]Does this happen in SP when the framerate drops?

We've worked pretty hard to eliminate all the SP low FPS problems. You were there for most of it... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So it's only a bug, if you say it should work in MP

Sounds about right...

All MCAR MP problems are...features...

At least, until a fix is released.

We're working on it, Okay? tounge_o.gif

-PsyWarrior

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

Does this happen in SP when the framerate drops?

We've worked pretty hard to eliminate all the SP low FPS problems. You were there for most of it...

I was asking Blackdog if regular BIS units (I assumed thats what he ment) have the multiple fire bug in SP when the framrate drops. Just curious, I've only every seen it in MP.

Nope... I can't recall exactly how it was done, but a friend and I recreated it multiple times in MP by getting in the tank multiple times in diff places. It's quite confusing.

Quote[/b] ]I was asking Blackdog if regular BIS units (I assumed thats what he ment) have the multiple fire bug in SP when the framrate drops. Just curious, I've only every seen it in MP.

Ah, I see. I've never seen this in SP either.

You should ask HateR_Kint, he spends most of his time playing OFP at about 3FPS... crazy_o.gif

I think that the FK HUMMWV firing bug is probably related to MCAR code, rather than to an original game bug. But it's something we will be testing for.

-Psy|W

Quote[/b] ]You should ask HateR_Kint, he spends most of his time playing OFP at about 3FPS..

Up yours, PsyW... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

My FPS is not that low... On the empty Desert Island biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

(and yes, I own horribly crappy PC...)

MCAR works in SP with FPS 1 (Fraps results)... tested... tounge_o.gif

The 'rapid fire' feature is some OFP engine bug (can't remember if this is in SP or MP, or both), and afaik it happens only with tanks when human commander can somehow rapid fire the main gun...

rapid meaning there's no reload delay...

(I stand corrected if I'm wrong...)

When it got laggy I've seen an all-AI tank fire off rapid fire shots

You should ask HateR_Kint, he spends most of his time playing OFP at about 3FPS... crazy_o.gif

hey now.

7fps and higher is playable tounge_o.gif im usualy a 10er.

but yes ive experianced the rapid fire bug a few times, and its hard to pin point what is causing it. which is prolly why it exsists

I am a 47er!!

wow_o.gif i rarely get over 15 fps with this computer. btw, can't wait for the desert camo, hmmwv!

FischKopp, you wouldn't have a version lying around in your hard drive that have the same names as the BIS hmmwv, seeing that the bis hummer is an addon from bis, its not possible to replace it throught the configuration.

Do you have an updated Humr.pbo that use your HMMWV?

That would be nice.

If not I'll try to work it out, but I think I'll need O2 for that, wouldn't I?

Thanks

@CERO.

EDIT:Added an "r" to humr.pbo

FischKopp, you wouldn't have a version lying around in your hard drive that have the same names as the BIS hmmwv, seeing that the bis hummer is an addon from bis, its not possible to replace it throught the configuration.

Do you have an updated Humr.pbo that use your HMMWV?

That would be nice.

If not I'll try to work it out, but I think I'll need O2 for that, wouldn't I?

Thanks

@CERO.

EDIT:Added an "r" to humr.pbo

havnt checked out Y2K3 have ya? wink_o.gif

Y2K3 replaced the BIS humr.pbo with fischkopps OD canvas one (looks like the medic one without the medic symbols)

i also increased its offraod capibility to whereas his does 40mph offroad, the "default" one will do 60.

and i added a CD player to her too smile_o.gif

CD player avaible to Y2K3 users exclusivly wink_o.gif

I kip on trying to download the bloody thing every day Pappy, and it allways stops at some point giving me a message, "Download interrupted due to unexpected server response", Its the first time it happan so often, but I can download other things.

If I only knew how to stop Download accelerator from opening so I can use windows downloader instead, that should do.

Btw, I wanted to replace it with the M998 HMMWV, I like them back pacs in the rear of the vehicle.

I changed the M113 ambulance with the Maxi one and the Jeep MG with the HMMWV m2 with shield, but I had some errors, the bloody GUI didn't work and something ellse, so I supose that when compression ocurred it didn't went too well. sad_o.gif so I don't know if the ambulance and Jeep MG replacements will work nicelly.

Regards.

@CERO

hmmwv is making the desert variations, and as Fischkopp already said, he's not updating this pack.

For Parvus:

OK. Right now i´m working on desert textures. I´m a little busy with real life affairs but i´ll try to work on it many time as I can.

Hmmwv.

FischKopp told him to pm him in the other topic thingy so i guys ....bla

Hey hmmwv, if you don't have any major distractions, how long would you expect it to take to get the desert versions out?

If you need any config help, just ask.

^ rock.gif Don't get it.

There isen't a desert version of fishkopp HMMWV's yet. The desert HMMWV in Parvus' post is from a very old hmmwv pack (the original pack is VERY old).

How can you even tell where that unit with the MG is seating on, it could be a donkey as far as we know, or the HMMWV that Flaber and Boobcatt(spell?) were working on crazy_o.gif

Lol, biggrin_o.gif

HMMWV its not responding lately, so I take it that he is really busy working in the dessert textures biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

how do you change the 50cal sound to the one of combats! i tried but ones a wss and the other is an ogg??? I really dont like the sound it came with.

you can fool around with the config, this is what i did:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class FK_M2: MachineGun12_7

{

displayName="12,7mm M2-MG";

displayNameMagazine="12,7mm M2-MG";

shortNameMagazine="12,7mm M2-MG";

count=100;

ammo=Bullet12_7;

sound[]={"\FK_HMMWV\Sound\shot_50cal.ogg",db20,0};

soundContinuous=false;

magazineReloadTime=8.0;

};

btw i renamed the sound from Combat! to shot_50cal

as FischKopp said b4 he will only release bugfix, or maybe with new sound but thats all, so if you really want a desert version then you are more then welcome to make your own, i am sure FischKopp will be very thankful for it wink_o.gif

for those who still dont understand the statment above, the best way to answer sould be "MAKE YOUR OWN FOR CHRIST SAKE!!" blues.gif

as FischKopp said b4 he will only release bugfix, or maybe with new sound but thats all, so if you really want a desert version then you are more then welcome to make your own, i am sure FischKopp will be very thankful for it wink_o.gif

for those who still dont understand the statment above, the best way to answer sould be "MAKE YOUR OWN FOR CHRIST SAKE!!" blues.gif

Hmmwv got Fischkopp's permision to make desert retexture of the pack, wich we all anxiously wait and like to hear about smile_o.gif .