Sign in to follow this  
Dreamy Knight

New Anim pack for replacing Anim.pbo

Hi, could someone post a list of what the animations names do?

for example

sprint = ssprint0.rtm

Many thanks

Hi, could someone post a list of what the animations names do?

for example

sprint =  ssprint0.rtm

Many thanks

someone asked for this before but havn´t got an answer afair

here´s my list which i collected in this thread:

Quote[/b] ]walk safe: chuzebez0l.rtm      (that is" limited safe" ingame)

stand safe: bezstanisTaT.rtm

safe sprint: bezbeh.rtm

stand alert=savarestanistat.rtm

CombatWalkF (run aware?)=schuze0l.rtm

special SPRINT button: ssprint0.rtm

the animations only work when you go in a straight line?

Anyone know anymore animation names and what they do?

as i said before, the difference isn´t that big ..

you could insert other running anims by changing an .rtm but i think dreamy chose this anims because the have perfect transitions to bis´, thus preventing some funny body parts warping

i´ve made a vid hat shows my anims and i´m pretty sure they´re right (look at the nade anim, sweeeet  smile_o.gif )

Download (right click, save as..)

lol whats that wacky song?

you could insert other running anims by changing an .rtm but i think dreamy chose this anims because the have perfect transitions to bis´, thus preventing some funny body parts warping

i´ve made a vid hat shows my anims and i´m pretty sure they´re right (look at the nade anim, sweeeet  smile_o.gif )

thats further proof that burns smokes entirely too much weed

manu chao - je ne t´aime plus (i know my french sucks) wink_o.gif

Dream u did a wonderfull work, the animation i like more to use is the Patrol that gives to the behave a very realistic way.

Imagine to be hiden in a house and u see in the dark a lot of patrolling enemies coming for u. Really great Ty Dreamy

congratulations!!!!!

ciao

edi

any plans to develop this further?.... smile_o.gif

i dunno whats involved with making this sorta mod but from what ive seen it does look better than the default stuff........very nice indead......my only little niggle is in some moves ie going from prone to stand or crouch to stand the weapon is lowered quickly but suddenly snaps back up to the shoulder when at standing.....and kinda looks like theres a "bit missing"...

hence any plans to further improve this great work? blues.gif

how about making a reload animation while on the run? we train to change mags while moving (so that you will be able to get behind cover and return fire quickly for your teammates so that they can move while you provide cover fire) and i think that it would be more realistic if it could be implemented.

And it can, it just has to be messed with a bit.

Is there any way to get the units to watch the perimeter, looking away from a squad leader in the center? You know, a circular sqad pattern, with the troopers scanning outwards while stopped?

Hi all...

First, I must say that I really like the new anims, they just feel right, and look a lot better than the original BIS ones. Good work.

I have one question, though, maybe some of you would be able to give me an explanation: with these new anims all units now seem to be unable to hit a goddamn target 10 meters ahead crazy_o.gif ... Is it only me ? I tested it with Ofrp infantry units, and original BIS resistance, and both of them were firing way too high (like 15° above the horizontal). Is it due to the new anims (with all stances), or just cause my soldiers are plain stupid ?

Please have a look at it, cause it kinda kills the fun rock.gif

^^ plain stupid soldiers imo... because i use the anims too and the ai is still killing me alot, they definately do hit something tounge_o.gif

Well, after quite a lot of testing (and toying with the new anims, too tounge_o.gif ) it seems that they still manage to hit me... But, most of the time it takes them an entire magazine !

Quite annoying now when you watch a fire fight between two squads to see bullets fly just some inches above their heads rock.gif Let's say it's a bit more realistic, without any high dispersion weapon biggrin_o.gif

Stupid, stupid soldiers

I think reloading on the move would be considered a cheat rock.gif

For improvements i would like to see:

-walking backwards new anim.

-new reload while standing. (it kinda breaks the current anim when we reload while standing)

-improved change from crouch to run, it notices a small "jump" betwean these.

and thats pretty much it, i will never go back to BIS anims again, ever smile_o.gif .

guys i REALLY think that they community would appreciate an animation suffix list as soon as possible (inclusing myself!)

It has been asked for several times now and no-one seems to answer thier questions.

Im sure someone has the brains to work it out....

I replaced bothe PBO's, but dont see any differences.

Does it only work with triggers and so via de mission editor? or does it work all the time?

Johan

I replaced bothe PBO's, but dont see any differences.

Does it only work with triggers and so via de mission editor? or does it work all the time?

Johan

which folder did you put the .pbo into ? (<-that sounds weird..beer is nogood tounge_o.gif )

you´ve got at least two (DTA & res/dta) and you can create several other in modfolders

if you don´t run modfolders u just got to copy the anim.pbo to res/dta and you´re ready for action

got a question can someone mirror the pack for me with the anim.pbo and the o.pbo the dls arent working

Hi, i'm pretty new at this stuff..

i like the anime of the sniper sitting down and firing.. how do i get my sniper in the game to do that?

i don't want to start any flamewars... but about reloading on the move, why would it be considered a cheat? i did it many times while on the move and i think it's pretty natural because you don't want to be standing like waiting for a bullet, don't you?

Usually you try to get cover before you empty your magazine, but things happens...

Some of you call this a War Simulation - well, in the real world you can make a choice, right? Why can't i make a choise in this simulation? (to stop and reload, or to keep moving while reloading)

So, please, if anyone knows how to make an 'reloading on the move' animation, do it.

I think a lot of ppl will appreciate that.

i don't want to start any flamewars... but about reloading on the move, why would it be considered a cheat?

You dont want and we wont because we are not alowed to do that in the forum tounge_o.gif .

What i meant is that i believe these anims can be used in MP has they only replace the BIS ones with better anims and do not interfere with gameplay, a new set of anims that would allow to perform more things would be more complex to make and problably wouldnt work on MP, but if they did they would be cheats because it would give the user an advantage over the other players smile_o.gif .

By the way, doesn't everyone agree that the most stupid BIS animation still left is the prone reloading one? I mean come on, the soldier's hand doesn't even come close to the weapon he's supposedly reloading, it's as if he's transferring rounds to the magazine by magic/willpower. rock.gif

Reloading animations could use the most improving IMO.

the replacment pack from wilco has a good reload anim

the 2 anim pack should be combined