Sign in to follow this  
Dreamy Knight

New Anim pack for replacing Anim.pbo

How are we meant to use the anims in the "New" folder?

I tried making a .pbo with them in and using the switchmove command but nothing happened. Do you just have to put them in a mission folder or something and not pbo them or does it require defining them in a config.cpp in the pbo? If so I have absolutely no idea of how to write a config.cpp biggrin_o.gif

you have to define them in a config unless im wrong. i know thats how u use custom animations on vehicals.

the file shall be up in 36 minutes

i tested and i love all the new animations. . .will be including the anim.pbo with the final Y2K3, combined Wilco and Dreamy Knight Animations. All your new animations, and the rest are wilcos smile_o.gif

the running ones are amazing smile_o.gif

pistol ones are ALOT better then BIS. combined with the Y2K3 pistol sounds and sights. . . the BIS Pistols are about to make a kick ass comback

Pappy , I have some suggestions about your website and your thread concerning your config...

I think that it'll be a great Idea if you organiz the informations on it and to put just the last information with deleting the old ones...

So If you wanna i can do it for you wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

dont worry about it. A) next release is final release so there will be download links to only the needed installers and B) please reserve Y2K3 comments for the Y2K3 thread. thank you  smile_o.gif

on the subject of Mirrors:

Replacment Animations Download (117 MB) complements of @War.net

all u need to do is replace the pbo you have with this one (oh and back up the old one of course)

crap thats huge... crazy_o.gif

bah i'll do it the "fun" way tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

-PJ

Great job on the animations! Finaly a anim pack that I can accutally use!

yay, now i dont have to spend 52 hours unpboing the O.pbo

biggrin_o.gif

but 117mb, ehh ill download it during night time

Quote[/b] ]Replacment Animations Download (117 MB) complements of @War.net

all u need to do is replace the pbo you have with this one (oh and back up the old one of course)

Thank you mum tounge_o.gif

well, I know decompressing or compressing is not easy for some people. I wish I had a place to upload my O.pbo and Anim.pbo or anything that could be helpful for you, but the space is really limited, I can't upload a file its size is over 1mb size.

walk safe: chuzebez0l.rtm

stand safe: bezstanisTaT.rtm

if you want to replace them with others, just change filenames and repack your pbo files.

I provided a demo misson for the anims in \new\ in my previous post, download it and check out what's in new\.

and ..... PLEASE use stuffpbo.exe to repack the O.pbo file, it works extremely fast.

Dreamy, Pappy put up a linnk for the .pbo's to your anim replacement............ Makes our job alot easyer smile_o.gif

BTW: prolly more people will DL it when ofp.cz posts a link for it too and some screens... Great work BTW

rock.gif

Uuhh don't know what you guys are all complaining about dePBOing and PBOing both the "O" and "Anims" pbo took me less then 30min.s tounge_o.gif (PIII 1ghz, 512ram)

Awsome job!!! I really love the new gun positions in FPS view!!!

DKAnims1.jpg

(Too bad their more fit for the m16/m4s not Sov weps)

Small thing though...perhaps the sprint animation could be a little smooter smile_o.gif  (Lets motioncapture!!! tounge_o.gif )

But beyond that, this is a great animation pack!!! unclesam.gif

-PJ

Great anims!! Cant wait to try.

Thanks for doing all that crap to the file, you saved allot of noobs like me from shooting our computers.

i always not recommand to use MakePBO to restuff bigass PBO file as it will compress the files and OFP is surely spending much longer time to decompress it, while StuffPBO didnt, and hance it is a lots faster(for both compress or decompress)

i remember there is always someone asking about where the heck the handgun anime is, well now it is quite clear that they are in the O.pbo, so dont bitch about decompressing the hugeass file as it is needed

for the laggy thing between animes , well all i can say is to live with it till someone find out how to make is smoother

*or like someone said: Lets motioncapture!!!* tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

These Animations will now be my permanent gameplay version. smile_o.gif

The cqb animations are awsome in practice and I totally kicked ass in a beautiful way in BAS's Delta Force mission.

These animations have the smoothest transitions ever. (no more hunching, then standing up; creating a jerking movement)

I'm going to have to edit my screenies smile_o.gif

@pajama : Pappy won't be happy because you're using kuraymi's mod (EECP 4.2 ) tounge_o.gif

Thank's a lot pappy...

Heh yes working on animations is a boitch... frame by frame by fram...oh crap wrong joint!!! tounge_o.gif

Hmmm concerning the "looking weird on Sov weps"...my mistake, becuase it seems to only look odd on the BAS TSF and Marine Assault Pack (both US and Sov weps)...

No it dosn't have anything to do with the weapon models (Earl's) because they look peeerrfect on other models/unit.

But any ways, this in no ways stops me from enjoying these great animations! smile_o.gif

@pajama : Pappy won't be happy because you're using kuraymi's mod (EECP 4.2 )  tounge_o.gif

Nope...i'm not using eithers crazy_o.gif

I edit my "own" configs wink_o.gif

dont worry about it. A) next release is final release so there will be download links to only the needed installers and B) please reserve Y2K3 comments for the Y2K3 thread. thank you  smile_o.gif

on the subject of Mirrors:

Replacment Animations Download (117 MB) complements of @War.net

Wow, that's so great. I didn't see that, what's wrong with my eyes?  sad_o.gif

Thanks, Pappy !! biggrin_o.gif

Well, it takes way less than 30 minuts to change and replace the files, 117 megs is huge so i took the fun way.

Question!

What should i do with the so called "new folder" rock.gif I opened both O.pbo and anim.pbo, replaced the files, repacked and replaced the BIS ones and it works, but some havent changed like the run animation or how do i get those resting anims with the guns aiming down or sitting and aiming and stuff, forgive my ignorance has i never really bothered with custom anims untill today.

On a side note the ones i can see are great, the walking and the rifle no longer looks 50cm away from the back when we hold a pistol, awesome stuff smile_o.gif .

Well, it takes way less than 30 minuts to change and replace the files, 117 megs is huge so i took the fun way.

Question!

What should i do with the so called "new folder" rock.gif I opened both O.pbo and anim.pbo, replaced the files, repacked and replaced the BIS ones and it works, but some havent changed like the run animation or how do i get those resting anims with the guns aiming down or sitting and aiming and stuff, forgive my ignorance has i never really bothered with custom anims untill today.

On a side note the ones i can see are great, the walking and the rifle no longer looks 50cm away from the back when we hold a pistol, awesome stuff smile_o.gif .

files in new folder were for missions editing

BTW anyone knows which anime is for the safe run?

Yes and how do i "see" those other anims, i dont know much about mission editing, i thought that runing with rifle was new/diferent rock.gif , please reply *runs to check the pizza* biggrin_o.gif .

Yes and how do i "see" those other anims, i dont know much about mission editing, i thought that runing with rifle was new/diferent rock.gif , please reply *runs to check the pizza* biggrin_o.gif .

you need to use trigger/waypoint to "see" those anime in "new" folder

Ok, im a noob and its not working. I put the files where they were supposed to go but I dont have any new anims.

The whole 4 directory thing confuses the hell out of me, what did I do wrong?

Does it have anything to do with that temp file thing?

Ok, im a noob and its not working. I put the files where they were supposed to go but I dont have any new anims.

The whole 4 directory thing confuses the hell out of me, what did I do wrong?

Does it have anything to do with that temp file thing?

Did you download the PBO's by Pappy or did you get the folder ones rock.gif

Pappys already come with updated O.pbo and anim.pbo with the replaced files already in there rite rock.gif , all you have to do is back up the bis O.pbo and anim.pbo from the resistance folder and replace with these i think? (I went the other fun way...)