Sign in to follow this  
Dreamy Knight

New Anim pack for replacing Anim.pbo

wait why do you evne have to edit anytihng in the o.pbo?

btw jsut used hex edit and remove the first like 48bits..

then use unpbo 1.3 and you cna edit anyone of those "locked" pbos the add-on makers use like bas and others..

cutpbo does that.

unpbo 1.3 just turns into a white box and stays that way til i shut it down via end process

unPBO 1.5 does it to tounge_o.gif

and my pc crashed just before i remade the O.pbo sad_o.gif

damn my unstable pc

i tested the other ones (not the pistol animations) and they look nice. ive beenusing the old ECP/Wilco animations and i liked those, this isnt a huge leap from his to the new ones, and i like that, its got a taste of the old with a flavor of the new smile_o.gif

the pistol animation (pictures) look very nice im anxious to try thou. . .

but the only freind with the new o.pbo and an FTP. . has (one of) the slowest FTP servers on the planet tounge_o.gif but weither it be 5 minutes or 5 hours ill getem sooner or later (i hope)

WHen asked if you want to save or open ( "open with" ) use "open with", and select the WinRAR exe. That worked for me. Would have ben easier to simply make it .RAR. Next time, perhaps.

And why can't it have simply contained the changed anim, and O.PBO files, for immediate extraction to the OFP directory, instead of all the editing, and tool usage? Why didn't you include the tools too? I had them, but others might not. Some people might not be as savvy as others when it comes to basic Windows, and OFP editing skills.

I haven't tried the new anims yet, as I'm still compressing the O.PBO. Whenb it's done I'll tell you if I like it. Hopefully someday soon, LOL.

But the pic's that have been posted look good. Especially the pistol stances. Very realistic modified Weaver.

well once i get the new file im gonna pack them both up (with his readme) and uplaod it to edgefiles.com for an @war mirror smile_o.gif

Thanks Pappy, and good luck with that. I'm halfway into Re-PBOing that O file myself, and I've got a high end machine, with a low memory overhead. Bastard O file is freaking huge.

Nice work. The pistol anims and the sneak anims are really good. Well worth the wait it took to re-pbo O.pbo biggrin_o.gif

The new safe anim is nice but I'd prefer if it were like the patrol anim, (or the safe anim in wilco's pack) as I've rarely seen troops sling rifles over their shoulders; this is just personal preference however. I'll run this as a mod every time I play OFP none the less.

Nice work. The pistol anims and the sneak anims are really good. Well worth the wait it took to re-pbo O.pbo biggrin_o.gif

The new safe anim is nice but I'd prefer if it were like the patrol anim, (or the safe anim in wilco's pack) as I've rarely seen troops sling rifles over their shoulders; this is just personal preference however. I'll run this as a mod every time I play OFP none the less.

Yes, the sling allows them to keep the weapon on the chest.

wow DreamyKnight congrats on these Anims... these are really good and are what I have been looking for.... The only suggestion I have is to change the safe walk anim to the weapon on chest instead of back.... if you could by the way... tell me what file it is that I need to replace to get the safe walking anim from wilcos pack?

Great Job on this... biggrin_o.gif and keep up the good work

you would also need to change the "safe" animation to put the gun on this chest. . . then the walk animation could have the gun on his chest too.

would look stupid for him to put it on his back and then step forward and it magicly appere on his chest

DK why dont oyu go ahead and incorperate that new safe animations and then ill make the pack with that too smile_o.gif

why cant this just be like the rest of the Anim Packs before where you just replace the Anim.pbo. I am one of those noobs whose uncomfortable editing all those files that could cause my ofp to damage. Any possibilities of this being simplified?

well once i get the new file im gonna pack them both up (with his readme) and uplaod it to edgefiles.com for an @war mirror  smile_o.gif

@Landwarrior87

I think the man Pappy Boyington is going to do this for us NOOBs.Unless i read him wrong  sad_o.gif .I like you am only comfortable placing PBO's into the addon folder.The hardest thing i've done is install the EECP mod.. tounge_o.gif

well once i get the new file im gonna pack them both up (with his readme) and uplaod it to edgefiles.com for an @war mirror  smile_o.gif

@Landwarrior87

I think the man Pappy Boyington is going to do this for us NOOBs.Unless i read him wrong  sad_o.gif .I like you am only comfortable placing PBO's into the addon folder.The hardest thing i've done is install the EECP mod.. tounge_o.gif

you shoulda installed the Y2K3 mod instead tounge_o.gif

and yes u are correct. . im jsut waiting on seein if the file is uploaded yet or not

OK, I did as directed, and I LIKE IT! Happy Ferret! The install was wonky, and tedious, but worth it. One and a half thumbs way up.

Next time, let's try to make things easier for the NOOBs. They are after all, "people" too. Right? tounge_o.gif

Well, if someone is being kind enough to unpack, replace and repack the files i would be rude not to acept the offer tounge_o.gif.

I guess custom animations are not compatible with normal ones right? like with MP? It will crash or something rite rock.gif .

Well, if someone is being kind enough to unpack, replace and repack the files i would be rude not to acept the offer tounge_o.gif.

I guess custom animations are not compatible with normal ones right? like with MP? It will crash or something rite rock.gif .

nope. . . you can use it in MP smile_o.gif

there was a thing in combat photography where the same picture was shown 8 different times. . .each person with different animations in the same MP game

please do you have another method to install your famous pack??

because it takes a lot of time to dpboise and repboise rock.gif

you can create a new anim.pbo with your animations like wilco or hunter wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

and people will have just to replace the old one with yours wink_o.gif

Actually it takes like a minute or so.

please do you have another method to install your famous pack??

because it takes a lot of time to dpboise and repboise  rock.gif

you can create a new anim.pbo with your animations like wilco or hunter  wink_o.gif  smile_o.gif

and people will have just to replace the old one with yours wink_o.gif

calm yourself

its still being uploading (to me) once i have it i will post a link to replacment pbos dont worry smile_o.gif

These look great Dreamy Knight! Especially nice that you changed the crouching pistol animation, which looks awesome, BIS' looked like sh*t honestly. Great work.

These look great Dreamy Knight! Especially nice that you changed the crouching pistol animation, which looks awesome, BIS' looked like sh*t honestly. Great work.

uhh what BIS animation DIDNT look like shit? tounge_o.gif

remember BIS made the game

us users were left to fix it tounge_o.gif

I agree with the great animation part.

I would argue with the other part. BIS did great, considering, it was their first major game. And so innovative.

uhh what BIS animation DIDNT look like shit?  tounge_o.gif

remember BIS made the game

us users were left to fix it  tounge_o.gif

Nah, its 4 years old, i think you guys were left to improve it and keep it upto date smile_o.gif .

ok ok enough about what BIS can and cant do tounge_o.gif

update: will take a lil over 1 hour to upload the ready made pbos. . .their in the same RAR the "new" folder still remains for his other animaions

edited the readme for installation instructions too

Anim folder in the rar contains the anim.pbo and the o folder contains o.pbo. and if you REALLY needed me to tell you that part. . .then please stop using the comptuer and seek help tounge_o.gif

wont be long now smile_o.gif

How are we meant to use the anims in the "New" folder?

I tried making a .pbo with them in and using the switchmove command but nothing happened. Do you just have to put them in a mission folder or something and not pbo them or does it require defining them in a config.cpp in the pbo? If so I have absolutely no idea of how to write a config.cpp biggrin_o.gif