Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I just recently bought a new laptop, and this has a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, its supposed to support full directx features as well as shaders etc. However when I try to run DXDLL, everything works, postproccesing etc, but the water is not reflective, it just has the modified textures. I chked to have multitexturing on, as well as HW T&L. Im not sure if this is a fixable problem, anyone have any ideas?

To be honest, Intel has never had the best support for various graphical doohickeys. I've also got a GMA915, and I'm not getting reflective water. Bear in mind that this GPU doesn't actually have HWTL (check the FAQ page on Intel's site), and instead uses a CPU equivalent, which will miss out some features.

To be honest, Intel has never had the best support for various graphical doohickeys. I've also got a GMA915, and I'm not getting reflective water. Bear in mind that this GPU doesn't actually have HWTL (check the FAQ page on Intel's site), and instead uses a CPU equivalent, which will miss out some features.

That's right. There's actually one of Intel's onboard graphics card that plainly doesn't work with Call of Duty 2 and they don't know why. Either it was one card, or ALL of them, which is pretty low. I found that the Intel Graphics cards generally handle stuff bad. In my opinion, they're more there to eliminate any "lag" you might encounter without a graphics card while running windows than they're actually usable for games, etc.

Any of those integrated graphics chips are pretty useless with most games. Not only can they not do as many things as a dedicated card, they hog up CPU and RAM which makes your PC slower. Get a graphics card smile_o.gif

Hey... Sorry to sound like a completely ignorant fool but... how do I get this to work? I extracted the dxdll folder to my OFP directory, and I'm not seeing anything in OFP. I'm assuming d3d8.dll must be put somewhere, but I'm deathly afraid to move it because of the whole 'will break Direct3D' thing. I know I have the required hardware (6th gen. GeForce card). Any help is appreciated.

And please, don't make me feel like a total idiot. tounge2.gif I know it's prolly simple, but I wanted to come here and ask before I mess around myself.

Hey... Sorry to sound like a completely ignorant fool but... how do I get this to work? I extracted the dxdll folder to my OFP directory, and I'm not seeing anything in OFP. I'm assuming d3d8.dll must be put somewhere, but I'm deathly afraid to move it because of the whole 'will break Direct3D' thing. I know I have the required hardware (6th gen. GeForce card). Any help is appreciated.

And please, don't make me feel like a total idiot. tounge2.gif I know it's prolly simple, but I wanted to come here and ask before I mess around myself.

You could just read the readme and check out the configurator tounge2.gif . If your after the reflections bad news, with late graphics drivers they will reduce your fps to 1 and by late i mean drivers that support GF6 sad_o.gif .

I did check out the readme... and I did run the configurator... and it still didn't work.  sad_o.gif

EDIT- Ha ha! I am such an idiot! I only extracted the dxdll folder and not the entire zip! Thanks anyway. tounge2.gif

Hi I have a Intel®82865G Graphics Controller 128MB Internal

and everytime I install it OFP doesn't want to start, just says "OFP has encountered a problem and needs to close". Can anyone help me?help.gif

P.S. notify me if my description is too vague

Just swapped from ATI to Nvidia...is it just my old eyes or do Postprocessing mess up FSAA?...or do i need another driver? using latest from Nvidia site

AA is not possible while using DXDLL.

AA is not possible while using post processing to be correct.

well ive now bought a Geforece 6600 GT 256Mb today and its great ive downloaded this and everything seems to work apart from the water reflections its activated under the configurater

Note - I am using custom water textures could this be it ?

Edit - also using DXDLL makes the text in ofp not as clear and lsightly blury but without it the text is very clear and not blury

Note - I am using custom water textures could this be it ?

Edit - also using DXDLL makes the text in ofp not as clear and lsightly blury but without it the text is very clear and not blury

IIRC both of those points are in the readme. But yeah, both are perfectly normal, the reflections won't work with custom water textures, and ingame text does look blurry with DXDLL. Small prices to pay tho' yay.gif

cheers IIRC there was an optionm which should make the text look more crispier ? im at school so cant check but i thought there was an option maybe if i try disabling it or re enabling it should work but i might be thinking wrong

But thanks i uninstalled the water textures and it looks great thanks

Great work first time i managed to try DXDLL out and its super

any plans to release the sharpening filter? smile_o.gif I've seen it somewhere a pic with and without it, I must say the textures look way crispier. smile_o.gif

Man i cant get reflections to work... was i supposed to do something with that water texture in the zip??

I have a puny 64 mb Intel Integrated Graphics Card and it crashed as soon as I tried to start the game with the dll installed, so other integrated guys out there, be warned.

i had a Geforce 2 which did the same thing DXDLL doesnt support the card now i got myself a Geforce 6600 GT 256mb and it works great

Quote[/b] ]Man i cant get reflections to work... was i supposed to do something with that water texture in the zip??

If you have custom water textures remove them i tried it with water textures but no luck. If you dont have them make sure you have it enabled in the Configurater in the DXDLL folder, also you could edit the settings about the water to make it reflect things further away

Hope any of that helps

I could run DXDLL on my GF2 with black water (reflections) and white terrain, it didn't work, but I got FPS counter, and I was satisfied, now with X700 everything runs as smooth as silk.

when reflections don't work then the problem might be that

land texture size and the texture size in DXDLL config are not the same.

i had that problem once and it solved the problem

Nope i got the same textures sizes... It does run on radeon x-600 pro doesnt it

Prob.jpg

sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  very un happy about this...help....pwease (A)

o, btw, i get this after i start ofp

Quote[/b] ]very un happy about this...help....pwease (A)

Honestly, do you really think this is enough information to actually help you? banghead.gif

How about some system specs... at least a video card... Did you at least look at the first couple pages of the thread to see if there was any similar problems? Or would you rather we all make wild guesses as to what you have and what you've already tried to do to rectify your situation? Come on use your head. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]very un happy about this...help....pwease (A)

Honestly, do you really think this is enough information to actually help you? banghead.gif

How about some system specs... at least a video card...  Did you at least look at the first couple pages of the thread to see if there was any similar problems?  Or would you rather we all make wild guesses as to what you have and what you've already tried to do to rectify your situation?  Come on use your head.   confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Come on use your head.   confused_o.gif

mad_o.gif , let me see, it was 3:00am when i post'ed this, so i was like sleepy! mad_o.gif  and, i dont want to read thruogh all the 80 something page's of post's. mad_o.gif

i have a windows xp, its old and crappy sad_o.gif

so, i wont use this whistle.gif