Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

you still havent halped us answer your question System specs probaly because of your graphics card but no one can be certain unless you help us answer your question

Also no one expects you to read through 80 pages he said to read throught the first few because thats when most bugs will be spotted and reported

This has probably been answered somewhere in the 82 pages, maybe even multiple times, but when I use a custom sky (WMR's myhisky specifically) the nvg effect doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to revert to the original BIS sky?

This has probably been answered somewhere in the 82 pages, maybe even multiple times, but when I use a custom sky (WMR's myhisky specifically) the nvg effect doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this or will I have to revert to the original BIS sky?

Remove the five files called night_sum.xx.paa from the newdata dir and reinstall it.

i seem to have a lag problem with DXDLL i can play missions comfortably without DXDLL but when i try to play with DXDLL i get lots of lag should this happen and what are your options you use for DXDLL?

reflections=lower fps

effects=lower fps

seriously i only get a small fps drop with dxdll

maybe lower the viewdistance,change terrain detail and remove shadows that should make about +15 fps or +10 wink_o.giftounge2.gif

cheers i lowered the reflection texture and lessened the objects which can be reflected and also slightly lowered my view distance all is well now cheers

Since this is my first post, hello everybody!

Does anybody know why does the ground turn almost pitch black during dawn/night missions with postprocessing turned on? It's fine without it, but with it, the very first mission of the OFP campaign(playing it with FFUR 2005) is unplayable, I mean you can't see a thing.

Oh and I'm using an xfx 6600gt with Forceware 83.40.

you will need to turn on "Remove night pixelshader effect" i did and it seems to be good again and it says it improved performence slightly

Another problem with the NVG's the thing is they look nothing like the ones in the pic i am using the INQ's nvg's which come with the sky packs.

Quote[/b] ]Remove the five files called night_sum.xx.paa from the newdata dir and reinstall it.

Ive read that from a page ago and tried but the effects still arent quite right the colour isnt the same and when i move the last frame stays visible for a while then fades out. And its very hard to actually see anything with them.

Any ideas?

Anyone owning a geforce 6600, these new beta drivers have fixed the unplayable reflections lag bug on my 6600 gt.

Don't know if they'll help the 6800 but there worth a shot, nvidias latest.

Smooth reflections are cooool...

UPDATE: They also seem to allow dxdll to be used with AA enabled, no drop in fps.

Download Here

Well the reflections drop 20 fps on my comp, does anybody know how to fix thaT?

Anyone owning a geforce 6600, these new beta drivers have fixed the unplayable reflections lag bug on my 6600 gt.

Don't know if they'll help the 6800 but there worth a shot, nvidias latest.

Smooth reflections are cooool...

UPDATE: They also seem to allow dxdll to be used with AA enabled, no drop in fps.

Download Here

@Dingmatt - Nice one mate I'll DL as soon as I get home. Can't wait to get those reflections back I had on my ol' 5200 Ultra thumbs-up.gif

Anyone tried these?

Hows the performance in other games? Any links to review sites?

EDIT: i see they off guru3d, thats good enough for me smile_o.gif

The reflections still create massive ammounts of lag for me sad_o.gif. When I turn them on and I'm not near the water I get a 10 fps decrease in preformance, and when I'm near the water on nordic everon it just drops down to 15-25 FPSs.

your graphics department isn't powerful enough then. confused_o.gif

try boosting virtual memory.

for me its fine and i dont know what drivers i have with my GTX6600 i got the latest which the CD installed when i got it a few weeks ago.

I have turned the reflections down to 256x256 texture size and it seems to run fine for me

Still shocking performance hit on 6800GT (i dont know if its because running at 1600x1200 4xAA, so its got quite a bit of stuff to reflect there biggrin_o.gif ), plus the control panel on these drivers is not fully operational for setting up game profiles as they are still beta drivers.

Ive gone back to the 81.95 just to get my control panel back mad_o.gif

Got my 6600GT running on AA x4 / AF x8 (which I had anyway) but with those drivers got my lovely reflections back with only a minimal fps hit @ 512x512 and 1024x768 resolution thumbs-up.gif

I got a 6600gt, 512 RAM, Barton 2600, and it just hogs it down. I'll try the virtual memory thing, might work.

how do i install those drivers?

I havent really done this before so im just checking so i dont mess up my current settings and having to reinstall the whole graphics card again which even then my brother did and hes at university.

Just a quick explanation would be great thanks.

Edit - I have an XFX GeForce 6600GT 256Mb AGP

If that makes any difference i also have windows 2000 not XP

whenever i install drivers,i first uninstall the old ones,then restart,then install the new ones and then restart again.

Whoa, I have a weird situation...

Last month Kegety's water reflection was working perfectly fine in OFP, then I reinstalled OFP again last week and now something weird happens, the text/image is blurry. confused_o.gif

Anyone knows what is the problem?  huh.gif