Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Object Reflections doesn't seem to work when you play on dedicated server. No Soldiers, Vehicles or Trees reflected but Terrain is visible in water. Is it a Sync/Lag issue?

Did anyone try this and had the same result?

Object Reflections doesn't seem to work when you play on dedicated server. No Soldiers, Vehicles or Trees reflected but Terrain is visible in water. Is it a Sync/Lag issue?

sometimes i get reflections, Sometimes i dont, Depending on the mission.

all reflections are MAXED out so if you have it set to 600 and have alot of trees and stuff in the reflections others stuff wont appear.

Don't get me wrong but this issue is only appearing for me when I play on dedicated server and NOT in a regular singleplayer game where it works perfectly with any addon and any mission.

Can anyone tell me the best configuration (I've 2 computer, one with a radeon 9200 and the other one with a ge force 440 mx)?

Do you like the "dream world" (glare)?

did the 440 work for your ?  rock.gif

no, it does't work.

maybe its a similar issue as the one i experienced with specular highlights in mp...

After you have spawned in the mission, try to alt tab to desktop then back in game and see if it works again...

Unfortunately i cant test that as i dont know why but when i alt tab to desktop i can no longer alt tab into the game or it simply quits...

tell us if it works...

about the disappearing helos when hit :

I tested without ECP and couldnt reproduce the bug, i did not have that bug with ECP ALONE, considering it only occurs when UI is off, it's something going wrong between ECP and DXDLL... let's wait for next ECP release and see if it still happens ;)

Unlike McDonalds food, I am actually loving this.

The glare effect looks bloody terrific on snow.

Might try ramping the blue up a bit to get that "glacier" effect.

Winter.jpg

I am admin BOCTOK server , and same time use ALT+TAB , OFP crash after pressing twice this combination. Any fix this trouble?

I can alt+tab out of the game and back in without problems. Do you run different resolutions/refresh rates in ofp and desktop?

I need to ask a Q as my Graphics card dont support this.

What height when flying a plane or chopper does the reflection dissapear or is it always there?

Depends what you set it to in the configurator. Anywhere above 0 and 150 meters above sea level, by default they disappear above 20m.

It doesn't work for me with version 1.96, i always get kicked back to the desktop?

Version 1.91 works fine, but then i can't use all my addons.

Any ideas?

System: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz

512Mb DDR ram

ATI 9800XT

This is a great piece of work guys - the effects are excellent. However for me the loss of AA is too high a price to pay as I hate all those jaggies. Do you think you will be able to find a solution to this?

It doesn't work for me with version 1.96, i always get kicked back to the desktop?

Version 1.91 works fine, but then i can't use all my addons.

Any ideas?

System: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz

512Mb DDR ram

ATI 9800XT

Try putting "-nomap" into your startup shortcut. That fixed it for me.

Ronin @ July 16 2004,23:59)]This is a great piece of work guys - the effects are excellent. However for me the loss of AA is too high a price to pay as I hate all those jaggies. Do you think you will be able to find a solution to this?

Not really. You just can't use antialiasing in D3D while rendering to texture and trying to render texture double the size of screen does not work for whatever reason (D3D won't create 2560x2048 textures at least on my R9600XT). So Postprocessing will disable antialiasing, no matter what you do.

It just came to me... xbox is DX8 compatible and i believe it uses the same video chip has GF4 ti PC cards, its hard to imagine OPF without big view distance, addons and mods, hisky's and ofcourse DXDLL wink_o.gif . I mean after seeing all the neat pictures of OPFR with all the mentioned aditions xbox OPF owners would be somewhat disapointed biggrin_o.gif .

Isn't XBox OFP using version 1.5 of the engine?

It also looks like they're getting at least some VBS1 playermodels (sniper, tanker - the infantry are different but improved from OFP1).

I think in some respects they might be thumbing their noses at you tounge_o.gif

The xbox version is not released yet. Maybe BIS should ask feersum and Kegetys to use their DXDLL with OFP xbox. DirectX is DirectX, so it should work.

Wouldn't they then be entitled to a fraction of every copy sold? If so, then you lucky f#$%ers. tounge_o.gif

Cap.

I keep getting this error when i lanch the game "ProxyDLL"  Postprocessing CreateTexture failed! then it crashes back to desktop

WTF is this plz help wow_o.gif

I keep getting this error when i lanch the game "ProxyDLL" Postprocessing CreateTexture failed! then it crashes back to desktop

WTF is this plz help wow_o.gif

I'd try turning off postprocessing first.

I have buyed a Geforce 5700 Ultra what drivers would be good to use rock.gif

I need suggestions from other people with same video card wink_o.gif

latest WHQL from Nvidia is the ForceWare 61.36 if you use Windows 2000/XP it works fine with this driver in my pc (i have a GF5600fx) get it here ----> Guru3D but make sure to uninstall previous driver.

Wouldn't they then be entitled to a fraction of every copy sold? If so, then you lucky f#$%ers. tounge_o.gif

Cap.

They wouldnt get a cent out of it because when you make OFP addons, you have to agree that Codemasters and BIS owns the rights to anything connected to OFP....thats how they ripped off all of the cool addons of OFP like BAS and put them into VBS1.....if i was them I would be real mad...... crazy_o.gif

Cap.

They wouldnt get a cent out of it because when you make OFP addons, you have to agree that Codemasters and BIS owns the rights to anything connected to OFP....thats how they ripped off all of the cool addons of OFP like BAS and put them into VBS1.....if i was them I would be real mad...... crazy_o.gif

Ya, but this is not an addon, its not build with o2, infact its a coded hmm... thingy (sry sad_o.gif )... that adds these gorgeous graphical efects to OPF, thank god Keg and Feer were not "recruited" by BIA (like Earl and ST), otherwise we would  all be crying at how much better the simulation thingy based on OPF engine (and whose name i am forbidden to mention) looked compared to OPF wink_o.gif .

But xbox OPF would look kinda bad if it didnt include these DX8 efects, i mean BIS are the pro's right rock.gif .

Quote[/b] ]...thats how they ripped off all of the cool addons of OFP like BAS and put them into VBS1...

I thought so too at first but they didnt rip anything, has a matter of fact they gave some of our beloved addon makers the chance of earning some $$ and possibly a carreer in the industry, and if you mean the BAS MH-60 the model was built by ST who is somehow conected to BIA now.

p.s: sry for the small OT, i just had to coment about this false acusation.