Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I guess your land textures are too small. Try to set them at least to 512 in the flashpoint.cfg.

Hi guys

Wow, long thread. After sifting through it though I would like to clarify some points.

I am running an AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz, 512Mb DDR RAM and more importantly a Geforce3 Ti200.

I read that people with a Geforce3 are having issues with reflections and indeed so am I.

There arent any reflections for me. I went through the attached text file changing settings but to no avail.

After reading this thread I understand I am to make sure my terrain detail texture is set at a minimum of 512x512. I am at work at the minute but I will try this when I get home.

I also have noticed the blurring effect, so to remove this blurring what IS the correct proicedure please? There are so many suggestions and tips in this thread that it is difficult to work out what needs changing. I understand it is to change the mipmap level on my graphics card properties to concentrate on quality over performance? If so then this doesnt change it as I already have that setting enabled.

Aside from upgrading my card (which I cannot afford to do just yet) is there anything else I could check?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated...

Thanks

Your card doesn't support pixel-shaders, so your not going to get reflections to work unless you upgrade....

I guess your land textures are too small. Try to set them at least to 512 in the flashpoint.cfg.

That wasn't it. Turns out, I somehow disabled "multitexturing". Turning that back on enable the terrain reflection in the water.

Thanks for the help ;)

Homefry - were you referring to MY post? If so then you are mistaken, the GF3 Ti200 DOES support pixel shaders and vertex shaders. Check the nvidia website if you dont believe me.

biggrin_o.gif

OK. When I disable postprocessing, OFP runs.

However, my major problem is that the land textures now come out too bright. OFP's desert island looks like it's made from vanilla ice cream, with bits of caramel interspersed on the ground.

I've tried tinkering but I cannot find a setting that will change this. Any suggestions?

I need help as well  sad_o.gif

I have:

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

Computer: AMD Athlon XP 2600+

Ram: 1024 MB

Yeah i disable post processing and as AvonLady says it's like a big white splodge with a funny black looking sea sad_o.gif

Does this mean I cant use this excellent addon??

Aook  sad_o.gif

Your problem is the Geforce MX 440

It isn't a DX8 card so you can't use this excelent addon/mod whatever.

The only thing you can do is buy a new graphic card.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I may go sulk now  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Well maybe not but it not working is upsetting.

Aook mad_o.gif

You propably won't be able to play OFP2 with your GFX cards if you can't run DXDLL. I'm not 100 % sure about that but system upgrade is inevitable.

I tried changing the game textures to 512x512 for all except special effects which I left at 64x64.

When I play I get no reflections but the water changes shade drastically sometimes when I am changing viewing angles. It doesnt do it properly though - a section is missing (kinda like when you go outside of a map on Half-life).

Has anyone here got a GF3 and managed to get this working? If so please say what settings you used as I play loads of flashpoint and would really like to get this sorted.

tounge_o.gif

Would anybody be able to give a full list of Video cards that support this mod/addon? I think it would be a great help to others...

Aook  wow_o.gif

(My blasted video card doesnt support it - arrgghh)

Would anybody be able to give a full list of Video cards that support this mod/addon? I think it would be a great help to others...

Aook wow_o.gif

(My blasted video card doesnt support it - arrgghh)

I'll try

Radeon 8500 and up

GF4 and up (not MX)

tounge_o.gif

hey all....this is what im getting..after installing it and re-installing it.....now im no computer schmee..but i cant get it to work.

I keep getting ghost images..and overlapping images..whats the deal.

i have a ATi radeon 9000 64mb card

1.5 Ibm P4

512 ram...

this should work shouldnt it?

crazy_o.gif

ITs because of the fading effect I think. There was something about that in the readme.

hey all....this is what im getting..after installing it and re-installing it.....now im no computer schmee..but i cant get it to work.

I keep getting ghost images..and overlapping images..whats the deal.

i have a ATi radeon 9000 64mb card

1.5 Ibm P4

512 ram...

this should work shouldnt it?

crazy_o.gif

Disable glare.

Homefry - were you referring to MY post? If so then you are mistaken, the GF3 Ti200 DOES support pixel shaders and vertex shaders. Check the nvidia website if you dont believe me.

biggrin_o.gif

Oh, I'm sorry... I always assumed anything lower than the GeForce4 series didn't have pixel-shaders...

I guess thats why you don't assume things.

Has anyone here got a GF3 and managed to get this working? If so please say what settings you used as I play loads of flashpoint and would really like to get this sorted.

tounge_o.gif

Technical answer: it seems that GeForce3 does not support D3DTSS_TCI_CAMERASPACEREFLECTIONVECTOR when using EMBM, so it would need writing custom vertex shader to work, but right now I can't be bothered to open up my PC and rip out my Radeon just to test it with my old GF3, sorry tounge_o.gif

I think its the version of pixel shader that makes the difference. The one in GF3 is different to GF4 and above.

Time to save up for an X800 methinks.

I think its the version of pixel shader that makes the difference. The one in GF3 is different to GF4 and above.

Time to save up for an X800 methinks.

DXDLL uses only Pixel Shader 1.1, which are supported in GF3 and in any case pixel shaders are used only for postprocessing effects which do work with GF3.

It is calculating proper texture reflection coordinates combined with environmental bump mapping which does not seem work on GeForce3, running and zooming around you can see that reflection is there in the water but it is just mapped completely wrong.

What program do I use to view the TGA files that Dxdll saves for screenshots?

Adobe Photoshop 7 is pretty good but you have to buy it. I use it to edit my screenshots.

If all else fails, you can use BIS's Texview too... biggrin_o.gif

There are free programs like irfanview that can view and batch convert tga, but really any graphics program should be able to open them.