Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

A lot of the features are probably already included in Armed Assault. It already (reportedly) has support for HDR and other such DX9 shader effects. Only thing I use DXDLL for these days is to handle the screenshots so I don't have to keep ALT-TAB'ing.

Has anyone been able to make the reflections work with a GF 7600?

It's a pretty new cart, so one can be quite sure all features all supported, it would be a petty if it doesn't work. Might be the new nforce drivers I guess, I've read about more trouble with those above.

Weird ......... if I CREATEVEHICLE a zodiac I've made just above the water there is no reflection ......... BUT if there is already a zodiac of the same type on the map (via the editor) then when I CREATEVEHICLE the zodiac again, it now has a reflection ! crazy_o.gif

Whats going on and how do I fix it ?

I really need help. I'm using the most up to date ATI catalyst drivers and when playing ofp with dxdll ofp will sometimes crash with an error message saying that the driver needed to be reset.Should I revert to an old ATI driver?

Yeah it's an ATI Radeon 9200. What are Omega Drivers?

Well,water reflection does not work.ATi X800 Pro+various Omega drivers sad_o.gif Otherwise excellent thing! notworthy.gif

Well,water reflection does not work.ATi X800 Pro+various Omega drivers sad_o.gif Otherwise excellent thing! notworthy.gif

Witch texturesize do you use ingame? You find it in the ofp preferences and the texturesize must be over 512*512. The reflection works early with 1024*1024 or higher.

Witch texturesize do you use ingame? You find it in the ofp preferences and the texturesize must be over 512*512. The reflection works early with 1024*1024 or higher.

I thought the inverse was true and they only worked with 512x512 or lower - maybe wrong though. As I used to have ALL the textures set has high as they could go (around 4096x4096) and had no reflections but on a hunch I set them to 512x512 and they seemed to work. Maybe its just my GFX Card that causes that though (GeForce FX 7800 GTX 256MB).

With the omega drivers my flashpoint runs more smoothly.

Tried highest settings but still nope. banghead.gif

If it helps it doesn't work on my new graphics card either (GF 6800 GS) without FPS drop from steady 60's to low 10's. It was originally developed and tested on my Radeon 9600 and Geforce 4something (or whatever Kegetys had at time). It is just a very crude hack and in a way it's a small miracle that it works at all for so many people.

I guess it could be debugged to work better with newer graphics cards but why bother when ArmA release is fairly close...

It works fine on my MSI X1900XT, much better than on my old ASUS 6800GT. I had some texture problems with the ASUS card and DX and was not using it anymore.

Now with the MSI i reinserted it and it works really fine.

Ive found with my Nvidia (i think its 6800 GSX) that reflections create a large fps drop (and i have good CPU RAM etc etc) Ive been told this is because of the new nvidia drivers i have installed and that the old game is not built properly for it? Everything else works with high settings and large mods with nothing but 60fps but Reflections goes down to 10 - 20's and object reflections down to around 4 fps crazy_o.gif

I have HL2 full settings CSS full settings all with 60 fps and that has reflections Oblivion with high settings and 60 fps.

Edit: also could someone Pm me ideal settings to get images like the first page as im not too good and perfecting the glare hard light desaturation etc. biggrin_o.gif thanks

Hi, I've installed dxdll and I've got 20-25 fps when I am playing sp/mp mission. It's too small to me :/

DXDLL Config:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

; General settings

; useTrilinear: Use trilinear filtering instead of bilinear

; forceNoNightShader: Remove "black & white" effect from night, can also improve performance

; sharpenUI: Uses a higher detail mipmap texture for overlay elements, can make UI text easier to read

; EnhancedTracers: Enhances tracers to make them more visible

; debugOutput: Enables debug output (Using windows OutputDebugString function)

; handlePrintScreen: Grab printscreen keypress for screenshots

; LODbias0: sets normal texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; LODbias1: sets multitexture texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

showFPS=0

showStat=0

useTrilinear=1

forceNoNightShader=0

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=0

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=0

LODbias1=0

[Postprocessing]

; Postprocessing settings

; Force32bitPostProcessing: Forces use of 32bit color for postprocessing color buffer.

; When using 16bit color, enabling this can improve visual quality without the peformance hit of full 32bit color.

; DisablePPForMap: Disable postprocessing when map visible (mission editor, map)

; UseSpecialNVGPP: Uses a special predefined set of postprocessing settings when nvgoggles are used

; HardLight: Enable "hard light" postprocessing

: HardLightSx: Hard Light strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Desaturate: Enable desaturation postprocessing

; DesaturateSx: Desaturation strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Glare: Enable light glare postprocessing

; GlareStrength: Glare strength

; GlareSize: Glare texture size divider, larger values mean larger glare but can cause aliasing

; GlareDarkenSky: Darkens sky by 15% to avoid it from becoming overbright with glare

; GlareUseFade: Uses a fade effect in glare buffer at night time

; GlareForce32bitBuffer: Same as Force32bitPostProcessing, but for glare buffer

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=1

DisablePPForMap=0

UseSpecialNVGPP=1

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=0.5

HardLightSG=0.5

HardLightSB=0.9

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0.2

DesaturateSG=0.4

DesaturateSB=0.2

Glare=0

GlareStrength=0.3

GlareSize=3

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=1

GlareForce32bitBuffer=1

[Reflections]

; Water reflection settings

; sizeX/Y: Reflection texture size. Larger size means a more sharp reflection, but can also decrease performance.

; Some video cards require texture sizes to be in powers of 2, (ie. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x256, etc)

; LODbias: sets reflection texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; UseExpFog: Use exponential fog effect for water.

; Uses more dense fog for water which looks better, though can appear too dense at lower viewdistances

; useLighting: Use lighting for reflections. If disabled, all reflected things appear dark, but it can improve performance

; maxCount: Maximum number of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited amount.

; maxDistance: Maximum distance of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited distance.

; maxHeigh: Maximum height from waterline of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited height.

; bumpStrength: Water bumpmap strength

; clipTolerance: Amount of clipping adjustment done for reflected faces.

; Too low number can cause "see through" bumpmap effect near waterline.

; texOffsetX/Y: Reflection map offset. If reflection appears at wrong position, try adjusting these

useReflections=0

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=0

sizeX=1024

sizeY=1024

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=0

useLighting=0

maxCount=600

maxDistance=411

maxHeight=20

bumpStrength=10

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

Flashpoint's config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Product="Resistance";

Language="Polish";

HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";

Adapter=0;

3D_Performance="20000";

CPU_Benchmark=5660;

Resolution_W="1280";

Resolution_H="1024";

Resolution_Bpp="32";

LOD=7.500000;

Limit_LOD=0.005289;

Shadows_LOD=0.005289;

MaxObjects=256;

Cockpit_Textures=4096;

Landscape_Textures=4096;

Object_Textures=4096;

Animated_Textures=4096;

Textures_Drop_Down=0;

Texture_Heap="16";

File_Heap="16";

Total_Memory="1024";

MaxLights=32;

Light_Explo=1;

Light_Missile=1;

Light_Static=1;

Frame_Rate_Pref=500;

Quality_Pref=500;

refresh=60;

What should I do? I wanna have high graphic in my ofp smile_o.gif What should I change in my preferences/config? Maybe should I try omega drivers?

My PC: Pentium IV 2.8 ghz HT, 1024 DDRAM (2x512 dual), GeForce 6600 GT

-=HuNTeR=-

Try my config

Quote[/b] ]; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

; General settings

; useTrilinear: Use trilinear filtering instead of bilinear

; forceNoNightShader: Remove "black & white" effect from night, can also improve performance

; sharpenUI: Uses a higher detail mipmap texture for overlay elements, can make UI text easier to read

; EnhancedTracers: Enhances tracers to make them more visible

; debugOutput: Enables debug output (Using windows OutputDebugString function)

; handlePrintScreen: Grab printscreen keypress for screenshots

; LODbias0: sets normal texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; LODbias1: sets multitexture texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

showFPS=1

showStat=0

useTrilinear=0

forceNoNightShader=1

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=0

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=-1

LODbias1=-1

[Postprocessing]

; Postprocessing settings

; Force32bitPostProcessing: Forces use of 32bit color for postprocessing color buffer.

; When using 16bit color, enabling this can improve visual quality without the peformance hit of full 32bit color.

; DisablePPForMap: Disable postprocessing when map visible (mission editor, map)

; UseSpecialNVGPP: Uses a special predefined set of postprocessing settings when nvgoggles are used

; HardLight: Enable "hard light" postprocessing

: HardLightSx: Hard Light strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Desaturate: Enable desaturation postprocessing

; DesaturateSx: Desaturation strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Glare: Enable light glare postprocessing

; GlareStrength: Glare strength

; GlareSize: Glare texture size divider, larger values mean larger glare but can cause aliasing

; GlareDarkenSky: Darkens sky by 15% to avoid it from becoming overbright with glare

; GlareUseFade: Uses a fade effect in glare buffer at night time

; GlareForce32bitBuffer: Same as Force32bitPostProcessing, but for glare buffer

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=1

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=0

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=1

HardLightSG=1

HardLightSB=1

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0

DesaturateSG=1

DesaturateSB=0

Glare=1

GlareStrength=0.4

GlareSize=6

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=0

GlareForce32bitBuffer=1

[Reflections]

; Water reflection settings

; sizeX/Y: Reflection texture size. Larger size means a more sharp reflection, but can also decrease performance.

; Some video cards require texture sizes to be in powers of 2, (ie. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x256, etc)

; LODbias: sets reflection texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; UseExpFog: Use exponential fog effect for water.

; Uses more dense fog for water which looks better, though can appear too dense at lower viewdistances

; useLighting: Use lighting for reflections. If disabled, all reflected things appear dark, but it can improve performance

; maxCount: Maximum number of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited amount.

; maxDistance: Maximum distance of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited distance.

; maxHeigh: Maximum height from waterline of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited height.

; bumpStrength: Water bumpmap strength

; clipTolerance: Amount of clipping adjustment done for reflected faces.

; Too low number can cause "see through" bumpmap effect near waterline.

; texOffsetX/Y: Reflection map offset. If reflection appears at wrong position, try adjusting these

useReflections=0

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=0

sizeX=256

sizeY=256

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=0

useLighting=0

maxCount=0

maxDistance=0

maxHeight=0

bumpStrength=0

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

I like it and i dont get lag so it should work fine for you.

Would that config work good with a 128 MB Radeon 9200, intel pentium 4 2.66GHz, 256 MB DDR?

For everyone using GF 6800, try downloading older drivers, It works fine for me on my mobile GF 6800 card with the old 70.78 drivers (.Link)

FPS only drops 4 frames most of the time.

I have a quick question, I have a 256mb geforce card. I never really used DXDLL much because whenever I do, I get blurry ghost effects, seems like my resoultion gets messed up, high glare, and sawtooth edges on everything (I guess it turns of AA and AF.)

Any suggestions?

I'm not exactly sure what it's called. But go through all the options in DXLL and hold you mouse over them. One of the says something like "Warning may cause blur" or something like that it's a check box option but I don't remember the name.

Glare strenght and glare size, besides LODbias setting affect blurriness in DxDll I think. Try varying them.

Few days ago I swapped my X700Pro for a 7600GT, same performace drop with reflection, ran fine and at high FPS with X700. sad_o.gif

Any definite solution for it?