Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Off topic:

What happened to ya Kege? I haven't seen you in #operationflashpoint for more than a year, probably. Can you believe Grave is the owner now?! Crazy russian!

Let's not get off-topic and talking about cards people. I you want to do that please go to the off-topic forum.

on-topic;

Give Keg a brake smile_o.gif He's a legend who made the best winter stuff which is still used today. Great addonmaker.

Are there any bugs in DXDLL? I don't see any other reason to update it. It works or it doesn't and that's about it, I think.

on-topic;

Give Keg a brake  smile_o.gif He's a legend who made the best winter stuff which is still used today. Great addonmaker.

Are there any bugs in DXDLL? I don't see any other reason to update it. It works or it doesn't and that's about it, I think.

Dunno, maybe i should complain to nvidia for DXDLL's reflections droping my frame rates to 4 with their latest drivers sad_o.gif , fact is i miss the nice water reflections in OPF and i am also curious has to why have nvidias latest drivers screwed up DXDLL rock.gif .

stupid drivers mad_o.gif .

Help! im using an ATI Radeon 9200 and when i start up ofp, well the loading text is very blurred and the screen overlays on its self so i can hardly see a thing, any ideas what i should do?

Quote[/b] ]Help! im using an ATI Radeon 9200 and when i start up ofp, well the loading text is very blurred and the screen overlays on its self so i can hardly see a thing, any ideas what i should do?

Have you checked that your craphics card's Direct3D mipmap detail level is set high quality ??

on-topic;

Give Keg a brake smile_o.gif He's a legend who made the best winter stuff which is still used today. Great addonmaker.

Dunno, maybe i should complain to nvidia for DXDLL's reflections droping my frame rates to 4 with their latest drivers sad_o.gif , fact is i miss the nice water reflections in OPF and i am also curious has to why have nvidias latest drivers screwed up DXDLL rock.gif .

Which card are you using?

If you're using the old FX or TI (or even older) series then i'm afraid you're stuck with crappy framerates. Those cards just can't seem to handle dxdll very good.

The new 6800 series are different however. I only lose a frame or two when i load up dxdll on my 6800U. Before, when i had a 5900U my FPS dropped to like 20.

Are you still working on this project?

Not really

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to update it?

dunno

Quote[/b] ]What other fantastic things can you do with good old flashpoint?

hard to say

:P

I find this a little bit disapointing.

I really hoped that there would be a version which uses a different texture for the NV Googles Postprocessing.

Yep, unfurtunatly there are bugs, those large black squares when flying in conjunction whith the almost unusable NV Goggles made me unistall DXDLL.

But after all, in my opinion this was one of the Best Addons ever made for OFP.

Yep, unfurtunatly there are bugs, those large black squares when flying in conjunction whith the almost unusable NV Goggles made me unistall DXDLL.

But after all, in my opinion this was one of the Best Addons ever made for OFP.

I didn't know about those bugs (I don't have it installed anymore either, because my comp is too slow for it). In that case it would be nice to see a bugfix.

If you don't like the NV-goggles, use FDF-mod. Their NV-goggles overwrite the one from DXDLL (or so I heard).

If you don't like the NV-goggles, use FDF-mod. Their NV-goggles overwrite the one from DXDLL (or so I heard).

The point is i still would want to be able to use the NV Postprocessing but since DXDLL does a CRC-check on the night_sum... textures the post processing wouldn't work with the FDF Mod NV Googles.

@Kegetys

So could you please, please, please, please, please, please, ...

atleast make another version with a night_sum tex that got more transparency than the original texture supplied with OFP

The point is i still would want to be able to use the NV Postprocessing but since DXDLL does a CRC-check on the night_sum... textures the post processing wouldn't work with the FDF Mod NV Googles.

It works fine with the FDFmod nvgoggles as they have the same noise texture as the originals.

I've thought they where using a different noise texture.

But if they are using the same then it won't make a difference as the visibility whith NV Googles and enabled Postprocessing is very poor. I really would like to use the Nightvision effect, but especialy when flying in nighttime its absolutly useless becouse you can hardly see the ground infront of you.

So i can only repeat myself by asking Kegetys to make a version with different noise textures. (Please,please,please...)

I've thought they where using a different noise texture.

But if they are using the same then it won't make a difference as the visibility whith NV Googles and enabled Postprocessing is very poor. I really would like to use the Nightvision effect, but especialy when flying in nighttime its absolutly useless becouse you can hardly see the ground infront of you.

"They" use the same noise texture, I know because I also made the NVgoggles in FDFmod wink_o.gif In fact, the whole NVgoggles effect in DXDLL is made for the FDFmod NVgoggles, so to experience it as its meant to you should use FDFmod, and the visibility is very good for me (much better than with the original goggles).

Changing the nvgoggle texture would not change the nvgoggles effect in DXDLL at any way, so if you dont like the effect then you should just turn it off.

So if its not the noise Texture then whats the difference between FDF MOD Googles and the standard onces ?

I just can't download those 460MB on my crappy 56K conection sad_o.gif

Help! im using an ATI Radeon 9200 and when i start up ofp, well the loading text is very blurred and the screen overlays on its self so i can hardly see a thing, any ideas what i should do?

Hey, i have one of those too. You have to turn the glare down in the DXDLL setup.

So if its not the noise Texture then whats the difference between FDF MOD Googles and the standard onces ?

I just can't download those 460MB on my crappy 56K conection sad_o.gif

It has just little larger view area and noise texture is scaled little bit smaller, so it's less distractive.

It has just little larger view area and noise texture is scaled little bit smaller, so it's less distractive.

Thats exactly what i meant, a different noise tesxture. smile_o.gif

Would it be possible to get those files (night_sum.01.paa to night_sum.05.paa) without the hole FDF MOD ?

Maybe someone could send them via E-Mail to Locke-Seelow@gmx.de

No, because they're exactly the same files as in original OFP. Only thing that has changed is NVG optics model, which has just slightly modifed UV coordinates.

Ah... now everything is clear. You've changed the opticsmodel itself...

So would it be possible to get this file seperated from the whole MOD ?

If you're using the old FX or TI (or even older) series then i'm afraid you're stuck with crappy framerates. Those cards just can't seem to handle dxdll very good.  

The new 6800 series are different however. I only lose a frame or two when i load up dxdll on my 6800U. Before, when i had a 5900U my FPS dropped to like 20.

ti4200, updating to the latest drivers made my frame rate drop from 25/30 (using reflections at high setting) to 4 sad_o.gif , wich means my old card used to handle reflections quite well (just not PP) before smile_o.gif .

Damn im having a heck of a time trying to get reflections, could someone who has got it to work please pm me the contents of your dxdll config.cfg so i can work from there and adjust things to my needs?

Ah... now everything is clear. You've changed the opticsmodel itself...

So would it be possible to get this file seperated from the whole MOD ?

Just forget it ...

With the tip from feersum.endjinn i've built my own NVG Optics Model. biggrin_o.gif

ti4200, updating to the latest drivers made my frame rate drop from 25/30 (using reflections at high setting) to 4 sad_o.gif , wich means my old card used to handle reflections quite well (just not PP) before smile_o.gif .

GF4 Ti user, don't use newest driver. 56.72 is much better and stable for your card. biggrin_o.gif

Hmm i have this Card too ( GF4Ti4200 )

But i don't can and want use these old Forceware ... (56.72)

I ever update to the newest VGA Driver , while i game many other games beside OFP ...

I hope that Kegetys can fix this Bug in next time, then i like this Mod very much ...aah the reflective Water,the Post Processing ... it's a very cool Mod for OFP biggrin_o.gif

Maby, someone of us,  Will make a Newcomers DXDLL for dummys, its realy complicated all those names and actions  wink_o.gif  Lets make our community user freindlyer (altought we are The number 1 community!) biggrin_o.gif

If you are new=

DXDLL gives youre operation flashpoint game Reflections,

Altought it have many problems, youre video card may be the cause,  

if you have any Questions about DxdLL, i have oped a special mail servis for newcomers questions,

Mail to Mailserver4@hotmail.com!

Have a nice day  smile_o.gif

Edit: gives me an idea, to open a Help Line for newcomers... smile_o.gif altought i need some more helpers, if you want to be one, PM me smile_o.gif

Hmm i have this Card too ( GF4Ti4200 )

But i don't can and want use these old Forceware ... (56.72)

I ever update to the newest VGA Driver , while i game many  other games beside OFP ...

I hope that Kegetys can fix this Bug in next time, then i like this Mod very much ...aah the reflective Water,the Post Processing ... it's a very cool Mod for OFP  biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

The Newest driver is not the best one for your card. See many discussion in Guru3D.com

By the way, there are many problem in newest driver for old GF4 series. biggrin_o.gif