Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Hi - First of all, nice job with the dxdll config you made, it looks great. Some minor improvements and it would be perfect smile_o.gif

I'm trying to remove the dxdll again from my game as it does not remember the sitting I make in side the game. I've tried to set it to lov, press overwrite settings press ok, but as it turns out I have to do this EVERY time I reassign or restarts a game. That's kind of annoing. :S

I deletet the directory DXDLL and the file d3d8.dll, from my OFP folder, my in the game it still presents me the option to change the setting from the dxdll. How do I remove the dxdll completely so that I once again can have a standard OFP on my computer?

Please reply to my email adress, sleort19@hotmail.com

yeah, I've done that. I only runs sooth if I turn the visibility down, but it looks stupid. The game does. IS the anything else I could do?

Not really... There are always some small things that might boost it a few percent like getting the best possible drivers, defragmenting the harddrive but I doubt it will give you the result you want. You need at least 20 FPS for the game to be enjoyable and it seems like you are far fram that, even on desert island.

Sure, it might be something with your settings but you will need to post your computer spec's for anyone to be able to give you a real answer.

well the water reflections have stopped working for after i installed the the new nvidia driver 60.something or other

ive tried switching off fasaa but that doesnt make any differences the funny thing is all the post effects work ie nv googles blur and glare but not the water relfections. as for graphics card i have a geforce fx5950 256mb

anyone got any suggestions?

well the water reflections have stopped working for after i installed the the new nvidia driver 60.something or other

ive tried switching off fasaa but that doesnt make any differences the funny thing is all the post effects work ie nv googles blur and glare but not the water relfections. as for graphics card i have a geforce fx5950 256mb

anyone got any suggestions?

got the same problem, probably they come back after installing older drivers, but i cant be arsed to do that tounge_o.gif

i dont want to install the older drivers as i gained 10fps in most games somehow so reflections or speed sad_o.gif

for the person with lagg, with my DxDll on i get 35fps with tonal.. but that is only because i dont use the water refections.. if i use the water i get 10fps realy bad.. but the postprocessing dont give me no lag at all.. smile_o.gif

Why reflections does not work if i install some other water textures? (the ones from namsky)!

how to fix this??

Why reflections does not work if i install some other water textures? (the ones from namsky)!

how to fix this??

Not fixable, they work only with BIS water, you must remove the water textures files and install just the sky sad_o.gif ..

In the ofp preferences set auto drop down to 0 or none and it should be smoother i had the same problem being all laggy on desert island even until i turned that off.

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

In the ofp preferences set auto drop down to 0 or none and it should be smoother i had the same problem being all laggy on desert island even until i turned that off.

Sincerely,

BlackDeath

thanks for that tip.. not that i have lag problems, but it couldnt hurt to turn it off could it? wink_o.gif

btw, what does Auto dropdown do anyway?

thanks for that tip.. not that i have lag problems, but it couldnt hurt to turn it off could it?  wink_o.gif

btw, what does Auto dropdown do anyway?

Strange, i thought auto dropdown would reduce visual detail and stuff if the game started to loose performance due to many units displayed at the same time or other demanding situations, thus sacrificing detail and rendering so performance doesnt degrade too much, i dont think it would be wise to set it to "0" unless you have a very powerfull comp rock.gif , i could be wrong though but it doesnt seem to work all that great so...

Hi, if this has already been asked im sorry but im not reading through 56 pages lol.

When I try it it makes a double image, one slight transparent...and when I play the guy runs but he seems to be in a clear box, if i shoot then it hits an invisible wall straight in front of me.

Oh yeah and the Wait a Moment writing etc is all blurry.

Any suggestions?

Hi, if this has already been asked im sorry but im not reading through 56 pages lol.

When I try it it makes a double image, one slight transparent...and when I play the guy runs but he seems to be in a clear box, if i shoot then it hits an invisible wall straight in front of me.

Oh yeah and the Wait a Moment writing etc is all blurry.

Any suggestions?

Disable Glare maybe rock.gif .

Strange thing here, everytime i enable water reflections my FPS drops dramaticaly now, like from 50+ to less than 10 fps crazy_o.gif , this happens since i updated my video card drivers and i already lowered my reflection settings in the configurator, it used to drop a bit before depending on settings but now it makes OPF unplayable, any ideas rock.gif .

for those who are too lazy too seek through all the pages:

i've tried multiple nvidia drivers with my GF4Ti42000 and the dll

53.03 = All effects work, sometimes texture errors on the ground

56.64 = All working, no errors

also newer versions (60.72 and above) got a major problem in 32 bit mode and enabled object-reflections,

displays only 4-6 Fps

for those who are too lazy too seek through all the pages:

i've tried multiple nvidia drivers with my GF4Ti42000 and the dll

53.03 = All effects work, sometimes texture errors on the ground

56.64 = All working, no errors

also newer versions (60.72 and above) got a major problem in 32 bit mode and enabled object-reflections,

displays only 4-6 Fps

Thanks, i kept track of this topic but its hard to pick everything posted here, should i revert bak to 56.64 or is there an update in the works rock.gif , i know they cant update DXDLL everytime a new driver is released but i dont want to loose these nice efects in my OPF sad_o.gif .

I am having trouble getting this to work. When I install it my water turns to black, looks alot like oil. And the ground textures light up (they are much brighter then usuall).

See picture... What's wrong and not working?

BTW: This image was on desert island.  crazy_o.gif

571906black.gif

Somewhere I heard (read) you Silent 'n' Deadly saying (writing) that you have Nvidia GeForce 2 MX. That is probably it, our (I have same card) graphics cards do not support pixel shaders so basically you can't see those fancy effects. But hey I happy with the few stuff I can use like FPS counter,hiding HUD and screen capture tool. wink_o.gif

Sounds like the same things i suffer from , i have geforce 4 440MX and none of the post processing effects work and water doesnt reflect either but DXDLL does change waters texture to its black which isnt nice if it doesnt reflect crazy_o.gif

Sounds like the same things i suffer from , i have geforce 4 440MX and none of the post processing effects work and water doesnt reflect either but DXDLL does change waters texture to its black which isnt nice if it doesnt reflect crazy_o.gif

Geforce2 and Geforce4 MMX series do not support DirectX8 (Or 7...) or pixel shaders, therfore postprocessing will make your water and other stuff look ugly.

I have Geforce2 and I use DirectX 9.0b. And like I said above I have Post Processing OFF, with just reflections on. I saw somewhere that someone uses Geforce 2 and reflections work, just post processing is off.