Sign in to follow this  
Pablo1

Combat! M113 Pack by Pablo

what is the purpose of the m113 in combat. we all know its an armored personnel carrier, and that it carries troops and has a gun, but as far as combat if i had this I guess id just keep it around until the situation called for it right?

I found a little bug on the ambulance. When you´re driving inside apc (internal view) the drawing distance is about 10-20 meters, you can´t see nothing beyond this point. I´ve tried setting-up draw distance as far as posible but nothing.

Good job pablo; i like this APCs very much wink_o.gif

Great addon, I love the detail of it! Keep up the good work with your CBT addons. icon5.gif

can we get this for 1.46 i had resistance but i'm not going to buy it again since ofp2 is about to come out.

since ofp2 is about to come out.

WTF no it's not tounge_o.gif

ahhh i dot know if pablo wants to make a new cpp smile_o.gif

pretty please can you do this for the m113

all the features on the M113 that make it cool don't work in 1.46, don't wwanna upgrade, stick to the BIS M113, OPF2 isn't coming out as soon as you think, and oh too cheep to spend 10 buckson the upgrade you don't deserve it. ;)

pretty please can you do this for the m113

all the features on the M113 that make it cool don't work in 1.46, don't wwanna upgrade, stick to the BIS M113.

I agree. It should be illegal to speak about v1.46 now. tounge_o.gif

It's currently posted for OFP2 to come out Q4 '04, though I don't know how sure of this we can be.

As for what Lee posted in page 2, which nobody answered, that's a OFP feature, you should see it more often than just with the M113, especially something like that BIS metal guard tower.

Very nice units. Are you planning a Hellfire Longbow and a Vulcan AA version?

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, are you going to make an old '85 OD style M113?

With regards to the question of the M113s function, where it used to fulfill the same role as the bradley in armoured units and the same as the LAV-III in Mechanised units its current role is best described as an armoured truck.

Basically M113s and its other armoured box cousins are used to move around personnel and supplies behind the forward edge of the battle area, their primary advantage over trucks and softskins being their mobility as tracked vehicles and the protectiion they offer against shell splinters.

The armour of the M113 is too thin and not slanted so even uparmoured variants lack the protection of a Warrior or to a lesser extent in terms of slope the Bradley so its extremely vulnerable in the attack.

Also the single 12.7mm machine gun provides insufficient firepower for supporting dismounted infantry.

There is however the united defense (among others) AIFV which is an M113 re-turreted with a 25mm cannon and uparmoured, which gave it the same crew and passenger capacity as the bradley (it is the poor mans Bradley) but as mentioned previously its not as well proteceted as the bradley IFV.

This raises the question of how to use the M113 in OFP, I'd say that its best used as a truck for convoy missions or as a patrol vehicle for counter insurgency scenarios.

Which is my only problem with this pack, the models and textures are beautiful, and the weapons are quality but it lacks that added scripting to make it unique

Sorry got interrupted earlier, I'm thinking cargo scripts to allow the M113 carry ammo boxes to a location and drop them off, rapid disembarking of crew, and for deploying support weapons out of them.

Yallah just reminded me, for MP a script is very much needed that will force eject all of the troops from cargo. There's some sort of MP bug that when you tell AI troops to disembark from a vehicle they won't do it, the only way to get them out is either by manually ejecting them through the 6 menu (if eject shows up, half the time it doesn't) or by a script in the mission, and providing a script in CBT_Misc for example would be a great help.

Well having been a M113A2 track commander, and working with CBT. One the MK19 was not an normally used weapon on the M113, its a crew served weapon often carried by the infantry that dismounted. The M113s main weapons was the 1 M2HBA2 Browning 50 Cal and 6 smoke grenade launchers. M113 is best described as a combat taxi. You move into the area of opreratiion and depoy your infantry and became the base of operations and waited for them to return or follwed then giving them support, while they supported you from enemy inftry attack.

The TC could mount most aviable crew served weapons to ehance the vehicles capabilities in combat.

The M60 could be mounted in place of the M2HBA2, as well as the M47 Dragon granting the M113 with anti armor ability. The TOW often was set up in the rear of the vehicle and used as a mobile anti tank platform as well. For the 11-H anti Armor teams. The infamous ACAV versions, usually feild modified. Or mounted to the rear of 5 ton 800 series trucks for convoy duty or base security. In 85 the M113 was in mostly three verssions of cammo, most of the ones that were still OD green were ones left over from NAM.

So since thats what the real one does is eject smoke grenades, does this one eject smoke grenades too, from combat mod team?

So since thats what the real one does is eject smoke grenades, does this one eject smoke grenades too, from combat mod team?

becuz smoke lags 99.999998% of all gaming systems and normal computers? tounge_o.gif

Honestly I don't think we added the smoke grenades to them, in WGL they launch but thing we had some sort of issue with them, I know on the hmmwvs it made the model vanish while the smoke was active.

7358673.jpg

M113

Tell me i'm wrong but these M113's look a little to tall, from the images i have seen of the ones operation in iraq the average M113 seems alot shorter in height that the ones in the pack.

M113

Tell me i'm wrong but these M113's look a little to tall, from the images i have seen of the ones operation in iraq the average M113 seems alot shorter in height that the ones in the pack.

The M113's have been sized to real world spec.  It's actually just less than a foot shorter than the BIS one too.

The one in the pic looks shorter because the side skirt is is flipped up and is weighed down with cargo making is closer to the ground in the back.