Sign in to follow this  
Pablo1

Combat! M113 Pack by Pablo

still having no ammo problem - it seems to be because I am running latest version of the FDF mod. Any fixes?

same here... have FDF and M113 appears with no ammo

Works for me with FDF. Do you also have the Bradleys. If so, make sure you overwrite the old CBT_Misc.pbo with one from M113 pack.

Works for me with FDF. Do you also have the Bradleys.  If so, make sure you overwrite the old CBT_Misc.pbo with one from M113 pack.

i know i got the lastest one too and it works for me

Works for me with FDF. Do you also have the Bradleys.  If so, make sure you overwrite the old CBT_Misc.pbo with one from M113 pack.

i think thats where it went wrong... because i downloaded all your stuff at once... unpacked it from the rar in one file, so the misc was overwritten by one of them, not sure which one... im assume it was the bradley misc that remained, hence no ammo tounge_o.gif

don't know if this is the place..but does anyone have an edited cpp file for the armored crew that uses sucheys weapons (M-16) instead of the default stuff..I've got the Hyk U.S. soldiers using sucheys gear and I wanted the crew to be in line with the other soldiers...thanks in advance

Just download a PBO tool from ofpec.

It opens PBO files. You can find it in editors depot. Then youll need a tool that compresses PBO's.

Then you just open the crew PBO and hind a file called config.cpp. Open it with notepad or wordpad and edit the weapons and magazines to match the weapons and magazines in marine pack. Names of the weapons are in Marine Assault pack readme.

Theres no danger on breaking anything so go ahead and atleast try. Its really easy when you get the hang of it. wink_o.gif

Earls weaps should be the standard ones for almost all units, there is even a M16A2 in the pack, and the M16A2 or M4 fit these crew guys very well smile_o.gif .

Earls weaps should be the standard ones for almost all units, there is even a M16A2 in the pack, and the M16A2 or M4 fit these crew guys very well smile_o.gif .

your very right but it seems modders always wanna recreate the wheel... crazy_o.gif

One we didn't have the ok to release Suchy and Earls weapons, the other is creating addon dependency on other addons which is something addon makers get bigger gripes about.

Best to leave whos weapons packs are best as your own oppion not everyone gets the major hardon for the weapon packs. And most who want em can change it themselves, rather than force everyone else to have to deal with hunting down extra addon to use CBT's addons. Oh I'm sorry, forget people don't care on the forum groups about the community overall. Just as long as they get things their way period..

Love these babys

Really great work

Any plans to make this??

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/adats.htm

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/adats-69.jpg

or an up to date M163 would be very cool

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m163.htm

Mfg OG

You didn't notice the ADTAS failed to reach any signifcants useage in the US Army, the M4 or M4 Bradley based selfpropelled anit air and the avenger pretty much made it useless. and there is a preexisting ADATs addon floating around.

One we didn't have the ok to release Suchy and Earls weapons, the other is creating addon dependency on other addons which is something addon makers get bigger gripes about.  

Oh I'm sorry, forget people don't care on the forum groups about the community overall.   Just as long as they get things their way period..

Sad to hear you guys didnt get permission, Earls M16A2 is also available has a seperate addon of a very small size, i think a small 1meg addon of high quality rifle would be much more worth than 7+ megs of jammed ugly bis rifles just for one M16 used by yer units. I think my opinion is very rational (for once..) on this and also practical smile_o.gif .

Those who have the marpats wouldnt need it and those without would only have a small dependency to Earls M16A2.

Ah yes, jam2 also comes with the huge Tonal pack and might be harder to find than Earls M16.

It would also avoid people "opening" up your work and having diferent versions i think rock.gif , its just an idea, i like the combat! addons and am not complaining...

edit: Maybe this would be a good sugestion for the combat! discussion thread.

no offense. . . but in the time it took you to research, study, and find all this information about his rifel. . .you could depbo the cbt_crew.pbo, change his loadout to have the M16A2 from suchy's yourself wink_o.gif

Oh I'm sorry, forget people don't care on the forum groups about the community overall. Just as long as they get things their way period..

Sad to hear you guys didnt get permission, Earls M16A2 is also available has a seperate addon of a very small size, i think a small 1meg addon of high quality rifle would be much more worth than 7+ megs of jammed ugly bis rifles just for one M16 used by yer units. I think my opinion is very rational (for once..) on this and also practical smile_o.gif .

Those who have the marpats wouldnt need it and those without would only have a small dependency to Earls M16A2.

Ah yes, jam2 also comes with the huge Tonal pack and might be harder to find than Earls M16.

It would also avoid people "opening" up your work and having diferent versions i think rock.gif , its just an idea, i like the combat! addons and am not complaining...

edit: Maybe this would be a good sugestion for the combat! discussion thread.

Heatseeker, if you want an edited cpp I can send you mine..just drop me a pm..its no problem at all..why people seem to wanna jump all over people who don't know how to edit is beyond me rock.gif

no offense. . . but in the time it took you to research, study, and find all this information about his rifel. . .you could depbo the cbt_crew.pbo, change his loadout to have the M16A2 from suchy's yourself  wink_o.gif

Non taken... i didnt have to research anything and i already got rid of the ugly thing, i just think that if they ever update the crew it would be an idea to consider. To distribute these great looking addons with weapon that match them in quality and making it dependant of small file instead of 7+ megs of ordinary BIS guns smile_o.gif.

...and thanks for the offer ERAUpilot wink_o.gif .

1) this is a thread for CBTs M113s by Pablo.

2) changed topic on altering the CBT Crews.

3) BIS M16 comes with the OPF game, you don't already have it something is wrong. Everyone should have that regardless.

4) There are threads already on swaping the weapons on HYK units already, so it didn't need to be dragged to here, which is a thread for CBT's M113 by Palbo.

5) Then don't exspect that maybe the folks who worked on the stuff might not become offened. Or note why Earl's weapons are not standard issue for CBT/HYK's units 'IMO I'm Quite sure its why we'll never see an updated version of the HYK infantry pack cause somebody started, going on about switching weapon packs on the thread for his units. For about four pages.... Instead of on his infantry units.'

I can't speak for all of CBT but personally... I don't think Earl's weapons are the greatest thing in the world. If they were BIS would have replaced them in the game as the default weapons and you not be having this discussion in the first place.

6) CBT has no authorzation to release any of Earl's addons with CBT addons. What part of that is so hard to understand. JAM II is a OFP standard used on te majority of the mod teams to have compatiablity with other units. More people are likely to have that than Earl's weapons. Its setup to be distributed freely unlike other addons which are not...

I can't speak for all of CBT but personally... I don't think Earl's weapons are the greatest thing in the world. If they were BIS would have replaced them in the game as the default weapons and you not be having this discussion in the first place.

Actually, BIS did replace the default weapons with Earl's. Look at all those new VBS screenshots - and we all know that Earl was hired by the Australian office this past winter. smile_o.gif

6)  CBT has no authorzation to release any of Earl's addons with CBT addons.   What part of that is so hard to understand.   JAM II is a OFP standard used on te majority of the mod teams to have compatiablity with other units.  More people are likely to have that than Earl's weapons.   Its setup to be distributed freely unlike other addons which are not...

Ok, ok. No need for a heart atack, i just though you didnt understand my point about Earl's M16A2 being available has a 1 meg addon and JAM2 being a bigger and uglier dependency for 7+ megs. I didnt mean to be ofensive or to play big bad boss, you say no and i respect your decision, afterall your the ones behind these fantastic addons, i just made a small sugestion regardind ERAUpilots post. I wont discuss more about JAM and guns in this thread in respect to Pablo and Combat! mod team's work. Thank you very much for this fantastic M113 and its crew smile_o.gif .