Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish Defence Forces Modification 1.3

i like the mod very much, i only think you should try to use all your addons in the campaign, also in the fdf 1.2 campaign there was no mission where someone could use your great aircrafts

Yes, you're right. We also know this and tried to keep it in mind while making campaign.

But it's not so simple. Not everyone wants - or is even able - to be Hornet fighter pilot. And also it's quite resource-hogging to set up aerial missions, not everyone's computer can run OFP with viewdistance 1500 - what is in my opinion about minimum for Air-to-Air missiles - smooth enough. Not even mentioning how "schizophrenic" the story might get, if it'd constantly jump from jaeger to pilot to boat crew to officer.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It's always great to hear if people like FDFMOD, and even better when they have good suggestions! wink_o.gif

OFP isn't really suited for AA combat as much as for helo action and CAS, IMO. (That's a lot of abbreviations tounge_o.gif ) I think you could take a leaf out of BIS' book and introduce other characters than Honka, now that he's...incapacitated some other man could take his place (in another arms branch). Maybe make a prologue with all the nice new civilian stuff, maybe he was a police officer before the war so you could use all the handcuffs, batons and other things? In the war he could be an MP?

All kinds of characters are possible. I trust FDFmod to make another great campaign. smile_o.gif

this is a teensy bit off topic but I'd like to know if anybody would be willing to make some FInnish WW2 soldiers

If you think about it most of the work for the finnish units have already been done - mostly by FDF mod.

The weapons - the terrain - heck even the voices

I propose that an addon maker simply make some finnish soldiers from the early war. The soldiers should also be on the east side as LIB 45's Russian soldiers are already on resistance and INV 44 Germans are also East. This would be for really awesome Winter War fights between Lib 45's Russians and these Finns.

Is somebody up to the challenge? Just think you dont have to do the weapons... just the infantry models.

It is what the WW2 theatre has really been missing because pretty much everything is ready for the Finnish-Russo War except this lack of Finnish soldiers.

hey guys when u will release reflective water addon/modification ?  biggrin_o.gif

The reflective water is not an FDFMOD project if I remember it correctly, simply feersum.endjinn and Kegetys doing some graphical experiments smile_o.gif

It's not forgotten. We solved one huge bug but then there are still dozen smaller ones, but it's not really #1 priority work right now at least for me - weather has been just too nice in last few days.

Not sure if this has been suggested before (way too many pages to read through lol) but are you planning on adding chopper downwash? That seems to be the only thing missing from this great mod!

hey guys when u will release reflective water addon/modification ?  biggrin_o.gif

The reflective water is not an FDFMOD project if I remember it correctly, simply feersum.endjinn and Kegetys doing some graphical experiments smile_o.gif

It's not forgotten. We solved one huge bug but then there are still dozen smaller ones, but it's not really #1 priority work right now at least for me - weather has been just too nice in last few days.

One posibly sily question,do you need a video card that supports pixel shading-I have a fairly powerful computer the only problem is that is equiped with a poor GeForce2.

One posibly sily question,do you need a video card that supports pixel shading-I have a fairly powerful computer the only problem is that is equiped with a poor GeForce2.

You need support for at least Pixel Shader 1.3. I have no idea what GF2 supports, or if it supports pixel shaders at all.

Due to apparent bug in OFP, object id function does not work properly with Eastborder islands.

To work around this bug, you can use nearestObject function. In my example I'll show how to destroy bridge using script.

1) Place gamelogic near object you want to access. Make sure gamelogic is placed near object id number displayed in editor, as this is "centre point" of object. You might have to move your gamelogic slightly around to ensure that desired object is nearest one to gamelogic.

2) Name your gamelogic e.g. "gl_bridge"

3) To access object in script, use following syntax

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(nearestObject getPos gl_bridge) setDammage 1

4) Press preview and see bridge being mangled

Objects id numbering seems to be an issue

Loading fdf_eastborder to WrpTool and saving it back immediately, one has the border gates for instance working without further problems.

As fdf_eastborder is an OPRW , Binarizer again may be in focus to be a suspect.

(p.s. by this measure, of course the id numbers do change and are not longer valid for some effects like the mast illumination)

Object ID bug happens even with unbinarized .wrp, so it's either OFP or Visitor which causes this behaviour. Renumbering objects seems to work but then again, it might cause some other ID numbers to be buggy. Though 99,99% of objects are usually irrelevant from mission scripting point, so chances are quite small for that.

I finally got 1.3 today. Exellent work, I like it.

I do have a problem though. when I preview a mission in the editor with some of the paramilitary units I get this error message...

"error loading fdf_w13\uzi\fdf_uzi.p3d (Magic)"

Any one know the fix?

I hope i'm not repeating an old problem but it's just that this is vesion 1.3 and its the same...Note the tracer position from the actual barrel.Vehicle is the UAZ with pk.

tracer.jpg

I think that's a bug with OFP, I've had lots of tracers do stuff like that in 1st person. The bullet should fly normal though.

To those in the UK who don't have this mod yet, it is on the September 2004 issue DVD of PC Gamer.  This includes the russian weapons and the winter map (Nogojev?).(Å5.99)

This is great for me - my brother downloaded it weeks ago but every time I went round to get a copy he was out.

No other news in there but quite a nice little review on FDF.  Ill scan it in later if I get a chance.

ade_mcc please do so.I am sure everybody is curious about what magazines are writing about Operation Flashpoint mods,especially when is about the most complete total conversion up to date.

Keg & feer awsome work, I even might buy you a beer next sauna-evening, sorry Keg =D.

EDIT. And this of course was meant to go to DXDLL-thread, my bad.

No other news in there but quite a nice little review on FDF.  Ill scan it in later if I get a chance.

How´s that scan progressing?

Bah, why couldn't they have a full 2-page article praising the campaign like Pelit-magazine. tounge_o.gif

Whats the fastest current mirror and how fast can I expect to download it on a 512mb connection?

Im in Ireland.

my faforite is OFP.info, i allway's get over 200 Kb there , touching 300...

what i am wondering... any updates on the FDF campaign? or the bugs in Maldevic? or a way to solve the crash problem with eastborder / maldevic? rock.gif