Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

@ June 14 2004,01:31)]
Why Emile Heskey is in the squad is far beyond me. crazy_o.gif   I would have had Andy Cole before him any day.

I think the majority of Merseyside is with you on that one pal.. As a Liverpool fan I couldn't understand how he kept on getting ahead of others..  As I hate to say... Replacing Rooney with Heskey was a big say in the match..

As for Scoles for Hergeraves  crazy_o.gif  Jesus....

Well Rooney & Scholes were having a decent game really....Rooney was after everything and Scholes kept Viera out of the game and pretty pissed off too.

What really got me was how tired the players were. The first match of the Euro's. Ok, you don't expect anything special in the first match but players were knackered after 60 mins....not good.

We didn't dominate the match, chances were few and realisticly both sides went out with the attitude that a draw would be sufficiant but we definitely controlled the game.

I don't agree that France were lucky....a few individuals handed it to them but there was nothing lucky about that free-kick or penalty kick.

<span style='color:green'>*</span> Result table update <span style='color:blue'>[</span> <span style='color:green'>ok</span> <span style='color:blue'>]</span>

Tomorrow is d-day... crazy_o.gif

Ashley Cole forced Gerrard to pass it back blinded, he hesitated, muppet smile_o.gif

Yes its dissapointing but we will still go through

Sorry, but on german TV everyone was pretty much convinced that the french were superiour.

rock.gif And how did they come to that brilliant conclusion? The French were good technically, but their tactical game setup was crap. They never adapted to the English fixed point defences. For the better part of the second half they were just pushing their forwards through the center and the English stopped them each and every time. Not for one second did they think of utilizing the flanks to get behind the English defences...

KEVBAZ:

Quote[/b] ]Yes its dissapointing but we will still go through

Famous last words. The Swiss-Croatian game was bad, but the English-French game wasn't all that impressive either (except for the ending of course). We'll see, but I would be careful before making such categorical statements. It will only add to the humiliation if you get beaten by the Swiss wink_o.gif

<span style='color:green'>*</span> Result table update                                       <span style='color:blue'>[</span> <span style='color:green'>ok</span> <span style='color:blue'>]</span>

Tomorrow is d-day... crazy_o.gif

It's the day Germany gets his butt kicked by the Dutch

biggrin_o.gif

[slaps himself, I know the Dutch team sucks] ghostface.gif

It's the day Germany gets his butt kicked by the Dutch

That's what I fear... or not, dunno... biggrin_o.gif

One thing to add: "Vive la France!"

(And now give me a "damn kraut!!!" wink_o.gif)

Tierry Henry did nothing he was lets just say not up to it. Owen Hargreaves on = good choice

Emile Hesky on = Bad choice

France are bloody lucky in my opinion. But lets us see you lot in the final, or you are gonna lose your next two games and say goodbye.

After last night, i've formed a different opinion of the Scots (hate 'em), they laugh at us, but they can't even qualify which is funny. They are not even gonna be able to play Latvia.

IMHO, I saw England play a 8-3 scheme completely defensive, and scoring on the few occasions they had. I personally don't like this style of play, so....

France trying to pound through the double wall of England defense, without imagination or real vision of the game. So they were unsuccessfull.

Draw was deserved, France got lucky on the backward pass (poor Gerrard sad_o.gif ).

After last night, i've formed a different opinion of the Scots (hate 'em), they laugh at us, but they can't even qualify which is funny. They are not even gonna be able to play Latvia.

Last night the England fans were chanting "Are you Scotland in disguise?" when they were 1 nil up, so you asked for it.  tounge_o.gif

Firstly, you seem quite tense. Can i suggest you get rid of all that negative energy by beating up some Frenchmen. I'm sure you'll feel better afterwards, and the fine won't be that big anyway.

england.gif

ALLEZ ZIZOU!!!  biggrin_o.gif

[slaps himself, I know the Dutch team sucks]  ghostface.gif

How do you come to that conclusion??

The Dutch have an awesome squad....

Van Der Sar

Reiziger

Stam

Davids

Kluivert

Van Nistelrooy (best striker in the world)

Van Der Vaart

De Boer

Overmaars

Seedorf

Zenden

Cocu

....to name a few.

The problem with the Dutch is they have a lot of personal clashes going on within the squad which is affecting their performance as a team....if they can get past that they have the quality to win the tourney.

The Germans....hmmmm....well they haven't done so well for the last few years....since we spanked them 5-1 tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  but one of the golden rules of international football is "Never write off the Germans" wink_o.gif

I predict 2-1 Holland

The Germans....hmmmm....well they haven't done so well for the last few years....since we spanked them 5-1 tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  but one of the golden rules of international football is "Never write off the Germans" wink_o.gif

You forgot the Vice-World Champion in 2002. Ah, of course, you can't know - Holland hasn't been there tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I predict 2-1 Holland

You should write that more precise: Germany 2 - 1 Holland  biggrin_o.gif

God smiled at Zidane...

I hunched Euro 2004 is going to be a Zidane's competition.

Nice to see Wright-Phillips (arguably one of the most exciting players too watch in the Premiership towards the end of the season) on holiday doing nothing much, and that lump called Heskey taking up a valuable spot in the England squad whilst there must of been at least a dozen other players who were more worthy to have that place than he is.

God smiled at Zidane...

I hunched Euro 2004 is going to  be a Zidane's competition.

Well I guess he smiled and looked at himself in the mirror then tounge_o.gif

(well in context to football that is, in order not to put my sanity on the line here)

Nice to see Wright-Phillips (arguably one of the most exciting players too watch in the Premiership towards the end of the season) on holiday doing nothing much, and that lump called Heskey taking up a valuable spot in the England squad whilst there must of been at least a dozen other players who were more worthy to have that place than he is.

What got me was, Heskey came on and i couldn't actually tell what his role was supposed to be....it was like he was there just to make up the numbers.

When he gave the free-kick away there was no need to put a tackle in at all, there were at least 8 white shirts inbetween the ball and the net.

Well, for all that matters about the England-France game, I'm thankfull that most England fans seem to be of the good-natured type!! I remember when there was a prep friendly game in Algarve before the Euro that even showed some England fans making a donation to a social institution that supported orphaned children... I wish that it would only be natural for all fans of all teams to view football as it is...

I mean, in the end, it's just a game, and the fans can't change the results anyway (besides supporting its team during the game).

I hope for all football fans that came to Portugal that they enjoy their stay and the european championship as the sporting event it is. smile_o.gif

Okay Sweden vs Bulgaria today! biggrin_o.gif

Looks like neither Kim Källström or Christian Wilhelmsson will be playing from start. None of them are big names but i belive that they are both better then their "replacements"

You forgot the Vice-World Champion in 2002. Ah, of course, you can't know - Holland hasn't been there tounge_o.gif

Better read his post next time, he's not dutch but from Romania. Besides that, as said before history means nothing.

Anyway, with two teams out of shape but still capable of doing some fireworks, this promisses to be an exciting match. And for the outcome, we'll see... wink_o.gif

edit2: if france wins again i kill myself

WHOA! You're still there? Say something, buddy!!!

biggrin_o.gif

edit2: if france wins again i kill myself

WHOA! You're still there? Say something, buddy!!!

biggrin_o.gif

lmao

Well if England make it through to the QF's then last night defeats will be forgotten about smile_o.gif

i agree with you, the goal keeper went on Henry on a very bad way but the one to blame (if there's one) is the player who kicked the ball without seeing Henry was waiting for it.

I just watched again the best moments of the game, and now no matter if France looses the other games, it's like we win the euro!! biggrin_o.gif

(edit: wrong spelling mad_o.gif )

David James should have been sent off for that, but then Michael Silvestre should have been sent off for his tackle on Rooney (he was the last man)

I couldnt believe the result, it was just unfair sad_o.gif

Give me a frog and ill strange him mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Give me a frog and ill strange him mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

you're welcome, PM me to get my physical address .... I need a punching ba.... some physical training i mean tounge_o.gif

i agree with you, both players should have been sent off. but what i wanted to say it's that james went on Henry not as he should have done. He did EXACTLY the same thing as Barthez did in the UEFA CUP FINAL against Valencia, he tried to catch the ball with HIS FEET!! that's a big mistake. it's what i wanted to say, not that he went on Henry to injure him, he just misse dthe ball.

Give me a frog and ill strange him  mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

you're welcome, PM me to get my physical address .... I need a punching ba.... some physical training i mean tounge_o.gif

I have a pub full of angry, drunken England supporters backing me up biggrin_o.gif