Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How about a forum night?

Alright. Thanks, French Rambo whom art hiding in the corner. biggrin_o.gif

When's the next time you lunatics are getting together (hopefully not in a gay way tounge_o.gif)?

[Gareth Gates must die]

on wednesday. also (most probably) on friday, saturday & sunday.

Is Lobanank (spelling?) going to post his pictures aswell?

yeah... screenies coming soon. Had some problems with the server and so no time till now (nearly had to do a trip to hosting center and do a complete reinstall :-( ).

Will the Cia server be up again today as usual?

Would you set it up a bit earlier this time, I'm eager to play. smile_o.gif

Did I get this straight? FDF is coming forward with patch 1.3 ...already out? coming soon? Big lie?

There will be an FDF 1.3, not already out, probably sometime "soon", and the ultimate truth.  tounge_o.gif

The CiA server is up..

You will need:

FDF mod 1.2

Winter Nogojev 1.1

Kegety's russian weapons pack 1.1

It's not sure we will play winter nogojev but some missions still might need it.

We'd also prefer if you get the hot fix for FDF posted **here**

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2302

PW: ciafdf

Join the Teamspeak 2 server at IP ofp.ciahome.net

The password is ciafdf

I'll skip this time and join you guys again next week, I've got a big test tomorrow wink_o.gif

Hmm, I'm not seeing it as up. rock.gif

i'm seeing it as up, but i don't have the time to join - tomorrow i'll have it. sad_o.gif

/edit:

I'll skip this time and join you guys again next week, I've got a big test tomorrow wink_o.gif
exactly the same for me sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

For all of you, try to get teamspeak. It is realy better for the communication (even if you can only listen). It facilitates team orientation, reduces FF and makes you stay alive longer.

Game is still on..... here are some screenies I took.

Group shot

group_shotjpg.jpg

Gathering around for briefing

planjpg.jpg

Flanking MG fire

flankjpg.jpg

Liftoff? Nah boys take that nade with you!

bild1.jpg

the ugliest squad in the militar, thats for sure!

bild2.jpg

dont even dare, this man is waiting for you, and he doesnt have candies as welcome present!

bild3.jpg

Was a nice time tonight.

Here are some more pics. Don´t want to flood the thread but I thought they would be nice  biggrin_o.gif

130504coop1.jpg

*Picture edited by Albert*

130504coop2.jpg

130504coop3.jpg

130504coop4.jpg

Yeah, had a good game this morning, even if it did mean I was up before 6.00am  tounge_o.gif

[edit]In case anyone's wondering, I'm the guy kneeling down with the green beanie near the chopper door  wink_o.gif [/edit]

I realy liked it. There was a good discipline this time, awesome teamwork and we achieved some mission objectives which I thought were impossible to achieve (2nd mission..enemy approaching from all side, but they didnt even got near us...0-casualties). If we keep exercising like this we will soon need much tougher missions. But Llauma is right, maybe someone else can train to become officer next time, I think he wants to be released from this duty now and then!

I'd try to be an officer, but it seems to me like you need to know what you're doing, as if you'd played the mission before. If I lead, I'm gonna get people killed. crazy_o.gif

Yeah, today was fun till I accidentally opened up when I shouldn't have. Lucky my crosshair was on the target and I took him down. sad_o.gif

Judging from your performance I think you would very well be able to be an officer. And using teamspeak you dont even need to know the team-commands by heart. All you gotta do is ensure that noone risks to endanger the others. that they stay in line, that they know when they approach a target and they dont shoot before everyone is ready. I think you dont even need to use googles to mark potential targets.

All you need

"All return to formation"

"All hit the dirt"

"All, dont fire"

"Who can target BMP?"

"Engage at will"

That is about it (learning from Llauma). But I guess you know all that (YES ALBERT; NOT PLAYING ONLINE FOR THE FIRST TIME).

I'd try to be an officer, but it seems to me like you need to know what you're doing, as if you'd played the mission before. If I lead, I'm gonna get people killed.  crazy_o.gif

As a leader it's you job the get your men killed. tounge_o.gif

Lucky my crosshair was on the target and I took him down.  sad_o.gif

Just as me wink_o.gif

Sorry Hellfish for shooting you but we might have had taken them out if we all would have stayed cool. Nothing is more pleasing then all holding fire waiting for the perfect opportunity to open fire and seconds later the area is clear.

And albert..

Yes it's tough to be a leader especially when you have a large squad. As we are so many we usually have several groups so it would be good to have a second leader and maybe a third too incase a regular leader would need a break or if he simply would die.

It's getting pretty disciplined so it's not that much of work for who ever would want to try leading for a change. At least try and you'll see what it's about.

As a leader it's you job the get your men killed.

wow_o.gif

That means our interpretation of your performance has been wrong all the time! I'm sorry to tell you, but taking this into consideration you suck at the job!

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yeah, that was fun. I liked being squad leader, I thought I made some good calls even if no-one is interested in following them sometimes. wink_o.gif I may (relatively) babble, but it's better than sitting on my hands.

PICAGE:

Squad on their way to the LZ

mi8cargo.jpg

Go go go!

mi8pose.jpg

The mortars are destroyed...

boom.jpg

Getting briefed...

dontshoot2.jpg

Eeh...

dontshoot.jpg

A Russian infantry squad encounters a volley of fire and satchels going off under their feet, they didn't have a chance.

infantrytrap.jpg

Hellfish is sitting reeal comfy...

comfy.jpg

Here is my screenie from sunday gaming:

GCS0001.jpg

also nice to see that many on TS (also on sunday):

GCS0003.jpg

About request of another leader: I tried it yesterday to be leader of 2nd group. I think I can do this in more games. If all follow orders and follow our server rules (not ready yet), there should be no problem with that. But I think till now I'm not the right person to be first leader as I don't have done this that often. After some experience ok, but for now only for 2nd or 3rd group.

ah... and yesterday it was real fun. More and more people joining us to have some great fun. If many more coming, I need some new hardware soon. But it's realy cool that a Pentium 3 with 1 GHz and 768 MB RAM can handle that many players. Only some maps with too many enemies produce lag.

I look, if I can create a picture gallery on our site, where you can upload your screenies from our coop nights. So we can collect all at a central position and all can watch them as often as they want. No need to search in this thread every time.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak