Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How about a forum night?

You guys want a game? im up for one, you can join me @

Have BAS & Tonal for starters and maybe I44 and Normandie after.

I will start up with an addon free mission so all can join and then we will sort it all out  wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Bah, nobody wants to play with me  sad_o.gif

BTW when will we finally play with Kylikki ?
Quote[/b] ]

How many people can you arrange, and when?

here here, count me in please  smile_o.gif

edit: no matter when

no server could handle the load of 10000 people tounge_o.gif nor the game :P

no server could handle the load of 10000 people tounge_o.gif nor the game :P

I just had a fight with 5600 vs. 5100 people.. okay, it was medieval - total war and not real people but still 10000+ units. tounge_o.gif

Would you consider advanced settings and crosshairs off this time?

Would make me happy smile_o.gif

What do you mean with advanced settings?

btw I will try to be there tonight, too. smile_o.gif

edit: PIX, those black bars are staying out.

From the left, Lobanak, Lauma and Hellfish6 are posing in front of a captured Russian Mi-24 helicopter at the Rissala airforce base. Spetznaz77 out of shot, playing around somewhere.

loblaumafish.jpg

Attacking a Russian chemical factory, the wacky ghost of mister Molotov is paying his countrymen a visit. Oh, Molotov, will you ever learn!

molotov.jpg

At the same factory, Spetznaz77 is taking care of business with the TaK 2000.

spetzsniping.jpg

Not good enough for CP, so I thought I'd post them here since they're more relevant. wink_o.gif

I wouldn't mind crosshair off, it's just a matter off getting used to it, but as there are so many new players who I don't know and they don't know each other it's hard to get something organized if I can't keep track off them.

But honestly I don't think crosshair is that unrealistic. Sure I can use it to kill enemies at close range but I wouldn't look through the sight IRL. If it's too far away I will use the sight as I would IRL. It's much easier to know where you aim IRL than in OFP if you had no crosshair. Also crosshair off causes problems with grenades etc. It's already hard enough to know how far it will fly as you can't feel the weight.

I will check what the current settings are and see what could be changed.

The Pub is open

IP - 141.157.249.172

Port - 2302

I got the day off and nothing better to do, so come on in. You need BAS & Tonal. I44 & Normandie is not needed but is a plus if you have it smile_o.gif

I'll try to make it to the CiA games tonite, but I might be a bit late.

I got used to play without crosshairs. I just do not like this head up display feeling of the crosshairs. Screen looks much cleaner without.

For the advanced settings I think it is a nice touch of OFP that you have to be aware where your team mates are to avoid friendly fire. In easy settings you can just look at the map which feels kind of like cheating.

The last times I played on the CIA server I was so impressed with the teamwork (especially using teamspeak) that I think this kind of aid is not necessary.

Just a suggestion!

I got used to play without crosshairs. I just do not like this head up display feeling of the crosshairs. Screen looks much cleaner without.

For the advanced settings I think it is a nice touch of OFP that you have to be aware where your team mates are to avoid friendly fire. In easy settings you can just look at the map which feels kind of like cheating.

The last times I played on the CIA server I was so impressed with the teamwork (especially using teamspeak) that I think this kind of aid is not necessary.

Just a suggestion!

You just need one player to fall out of the teamwork and all might just as well go Rambo.

Im still here if anyones up for a game.

EDIT: check that, the pub is now closed, i just got the best phone call ever (no not phone sex call) and i need to go to a real Pub and have a pint over it biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: check that, the pub is now closed, i just got the best phone call ever (no not phone sex call) and i need to go to a real Pub and have a pint over it  biggrin_o.gif

a call by coalescent ? wow_o.gif

I too was impressed by the CiA server when I played there just a couple of days ago. I also had a lot of fun with the USMC-Warriors in co-op. When you get a bunch of guys who want to do more than just fuck around, OFP becomes an unbeatable gaming experience.

Oh, and I'd vote for removing crosshairs, at least in adversarial play. In coop I don't know that it makes that much difference, but I feel that if you're going to shoot somebody in adversarial, you should actually have the courtesy to use the sights. I think it's more realistic that way too.

I couldnt hit the broadsides of a battleship with those crosshairs. I always use the iron sights view to shoot. The crosshairs are only helpful to me when im driving any vehicle.

Talking about server difficulty settings, from now on please put the player TAGs on (the boxes showing player names ingame) like we did last sunday on the CiA server, playing is so much more fun when you know who is who, especially on a forum server.... please. smile_o.gif

That's a good point... I like to know who is on my flanks. Or, more seriously, to make sure that some specific people *cough* are NOT on my flanks. biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]from now on please put the player TAGs on

As far as I know they are on in cadet mode on server.

I´d like to have a testrun with crosshir off also. I tested it yesterday in singleplayer and it was fun. Llauma has a point with the nades though...

I used to play on Suchey's server which had hardcore realism and I learned to like playing without crosshairs. It's a more enjoyable, skillfull game.

One thing I don't like though, is driving vehicles without 3rd person view. I can't fly a helicopter when I'm just in the cockpit - apparently I have no depth perception or something and slam hard into the ground when I try to land. And forget it if you want me to land in a tight spot... crazy_o.gif

i played on such a hardcore server some weeks ago, too. at first it was very hard, but later it feels much more real.

on our internal mapfact server we play most times in cadet mode. but with ts and we plan our actions a bit more than on CIA. we do it there as we would do it in reality.

but it's cool to play on CIA's server. i'll be there today. smile_o.gif