Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How about a forum night?

Depends on the part of Germany you live in.

Generally, there are many parties everywhere, just because of the holiday tomorrow. But in some parts Freinacht/Hexennacht (as it is also known) has additional meanings to it (esp. in the Schwarzwald region and the Harz low mountain range).

Wikipedia about Walpurgisnacht

Quote[/b] ]The festival of Walpurgis, a night both of revelry and darkness.  The nine nights of April 22 (interestingly enough, the modern festival of Earth Day) to April 30 are venerated as rememberance of the AllFather's self-sacrifice upon the World Tree Yggdrasil.  It was on the ninth night (April 30, Walpurgisnacht) that he beheld the Runes, grasped them, and ritually died for an instant.  At that moment, all the Light in the 9 worlds is extinguished, and utter Chaos reigns.  At the final stroke of midnight, the Light returns in dazzling brilliance, and the bale-fires are lit.  On Walpurgisnacht, the dead have full sway upon the earth; it is the ending night of the Wild Hunt.  May 1 is the festival of Thrimilci; the beginning of Summer.  Thrimilci is a festival of joy and fertility, much like Ostara; however, most of the Northern World is finally escaping from the snow at this time.

And in practical terms it means that most swedes get really drunk and burn everything they can in a big ass fire.

Quote[/b] ]The festival of Walpurgis, a night both of revelry and darkness.  The nine nights of April 22 (interestingly enough, the modern festival of Earth Day) to April 30 are venerated as rememberance of the AllFather's self-sacrifice upon the World Tree Yggdrasil.  It was on the ninth night (April 30, Walpurgisnacht) that he beheld the Runes, grasped them, and ritually died for an instant.  At that moment, all the Light in the 9 worlds is extinguished, and utter Chaos reigns.  At the final stroke of midnight, the Light returns in dazzling brilliance, and the bale-fires are lit.  On Walpurgisnacht, the dead have full sway upon the earth; it is the ending night of the Wild Hunt.  May 1 is the festival of Thrimilci; the beginning of Summer.  Thrimilci is a festival of joy and fertility, much like Ostara; however, most of the Northern World is finally escaping from the snow at this time.

And in practical terms it means that most swedes get really drunk and burn everything they can in a big ass fire.

Yes.. The finns on the otherhand needs no special day for that.. It's what they do everyday ;)

Anyone up for some games later?

I would like to play BAS but we dont have many bas missions so perhaps FDF is better. I think we have 130 FDF co-op's or something.

here...here...here!

but take care: if you have win xp or 2000, d/l the latest patch!

symantec

Anyone up for some games later?

I would like to play BAS but we dont have many bas missions so perhaps FDF is better. I think we have 130 FDF co-op's or something.

i´ll definately drop by later, just have to make some preparations (getting drunk) and then i´m ready to tk´y´all  tounge_o.gif

will check this thread to find out when games start.

edit: and i´d also like to play some bas stuff aswell, the basic campaign missions would satisfy me enough, i´m not picky wink_o.gif

i still got 3 bottles of beer to kill and also the server is still sleeping  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

edit: i´ve just spotted that the bonyard is running and waiting for players...

afaik there are also lo´t´s of bas missions avialable

let´s meet there in 10 minutes

It seems like there aren't enough people here willing to play. All those who would want to play should say it and not wait until others fixes the things and then join the server.

i have parvus waiting in line.

now we just need 2 more people i guess...

let´s just start, more people will come from themselves

court: tacticalblunder.com

addons: bas + tonal, usmc assault ... k ?

if somebody wants to play: we're playing on

tacticalblunder.com

addons: bas tonal, bas, usmc assault, dkm.

ts: ofp.ciahome.net

The CiA server will be up at 20:00 CET. The time can be seen on ciahome.net

You will need:

FDF mod 1.2

Winter Nogojev 1.1

Kegety's russian weapons pack 1.1

It's not sure we will play winter nogojev but some missions still might need it.

We'd also prefer if you get the hot fix for FDF posted **here**

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2302

PW: ciafdf

Join the Teamspeak 2 server IP ofp.ciahome.net

The CiA-server is up now. Let's waste some ammo together...

Anyone up for a game? If noone joins it's pretty pointless to setup a co-op night... I hope someone else is interested in doing that.

I can´t come. I installed new catalyst today. It wasted my gfx completely. I uninstalled it and reinstalled old driver but problem was the same. Then I installed omega drivers and they didnt work either. I have reinstalled chipset drivers as well and now I´m sitting here writing that post in 800 x 600 and 60 hz mad_o.gif

I´m trying to fix it for hours now.

Everything seems messed.

Argh ! crazy_o.gif

I'm up for a game, but I'm in America if that matters.

The ping is usually pretty good to US.