Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

Most time spent playing a game non stop?

Whats your personal record for most time spent gaming- straight? Post the name of the game, if it was SP or MP and how long.

Name: Rise of Nations

Platform: PC

Game type: SP(CTW,tutorials, editor)

# of hours: 11

Explanation: I had just got the game and installed it around 4 PM and I went to bed at 3 AM.

I plan to play a game of 24 hours of HALO this summer. smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Back in the days of v 1.20 of Flashpoint there were a couple of times I easily spent 8 hours a day or so. Then there was a summer a couple of years ago where some friends and I did an all-night gaming party at some internet cafe. I think I enjoyed it for the first 4-5 hours but we were there for 10+. I could hardly stay awake on the bus ride home

Name:Sim City 2000

Game Type: SP

# of Hours: 16 (on a weekend, 8AM to midnight)

That's for computer games, I've played roll playing games for over 30 hours a few times. (say friday night after school until the early hours on Sunday morning, then sleep all day sunday and go to school on Monday).

My longest ever time was semi-continuous, mainly because I had to take bathroom breaks and eat meals.

Name: Operation Flashpoint

Game Type: SP, Campaign, and Editing

# Hours: ~26 hours (Got up and played at 6:00 AM, my parents and sisters were at a gym meet so I played all day and through the night until 8:00 AM biggrin_o.gif .

Edit - Yes, my eyes were pretty glazed by the end of this binge tounge_o.gif .

Name:Splinter Cell

Game Type: SP

Platform: Nokia 3510i

# of Hours : 7

just kidding tounge_o.gif

Name: Spec Ops

Game Type: MP (split screen, two players)

Platform: PSX

# of hours: 6 hours

It took my buddy and I 6 hours to get through the first 4 campaigns, it was the first time we played this game, on a sunday afternoon from 13.30 to 19.30. Our colleagues the day after had their ears filled with our little "war stories". I don't have all the details in memory, but it was quite nice with some nice coop work.

Game: Combat Mission Barbarrossa To Berlin

Time Allocated to Playing: 15

Summer time, thankfully. I...just...couldn't..let..those...Germans..cross..the..Volga!

Name: Total Annihilation

Game type: SP Skirmish vs CPU

# of hours: 51 hours (essential food & loo runs excluded). 5pm Friday to 7pm Sunday

Explanation: Very, *very* bored one weekend and stuck on base, so I just played and played and played.

Ended up only being a 3 matches across a custom 40x40 map (which for those that know, are stupidly huge crazy_o.gif and take hours upon hours to conquer).

Would I do it again now? Not if my wife has anything to do with it. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

name: final fantasy 7

platform: ps1/psx

game type: rpg

# of hours: 10 - 12 hours

i think it was that specific time, i played through the ENTIRE 2nd disc, non stop, in one sitting. my dad works nights, leaves around 10 pm, came home in the moring, still saw me playing and was like wtf are you doing. thats when i was 13 or 14.

im also pretty sure ive played Gran Turismo 3: A spec on PS2 for just as long, on several occasions. anyone else here huge ff7 or gt3 fans?

Knights of the Old Republic.

14 hours straight. Then a 5 hour break. Then another 12 hours to finish.

Name: OFP, CS, SOFII, Rise Of Nations, Battlefield 1942, BF:Vietnam, Call Of Duty, Total Anhilation, Settlers (3 or 4?), C&C: Generals: Zero Hour, Tribes (2 or 3), Grand Prix 4, Racer, Need for Speed: Underground, Ghost Recon and it's numerous additions, Postal 2: Share the Pain and Halo, to say the least.

Game type: MP 12 person LAN

Duration: I managed being up 32 hours straight. Longest I'd ever want to spend gaming. Though the LAN lasted from Friday @ 6pm till Monday @ 3pm over a long weekend. (Of course we did other stuff as well, but those juvenile delinquent activities will remain under wraps. The town has never really been the same.  tounge_o.gif )

What we ate: Bacon and eggs in the morning, Maccas for lunch and Pizzas for tea. A trolly load of chips, lollies and other junk foods. Lots of caffine rich drinks, 6 cartons of beer, so just enough to split between 12 people over 3 nights. And who knows how many kW's of power.

We stayed sanitary by swimming in a salt pool and showering under a cold shower.

Very. Very good fun.

Game: ofp

platform pc

length: ~14 hrs

gametype multiplay

It was 2 summers ago I believe, but now I dont have as much time anymore sad_o.gif lol

6+ hours on OFP (Mission edition and playing)

Spent more time than that before but on I think TFC or Age of Empires wayyyy back when.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (V2.56-r2)

A day of multiplayer gaming on one of this Massaker 5 sec respawn servers (no time limit for maps).

Quest for full XP in all classes... wink_o.gif

Baldurs Gate!

That day I had catch a train to St. Raphael (near St. Tropez). I woke up early and couldnt wait to get holidays at the beach and a nice countryside house. Played all morning, catched the train (something like 15 hours I think) But when I arrived I turned that thing off). So all in all maybe 18 hours

Game: Action Quake II

Map: Downtown (4 players)

Time: 13 hours

Frags: 600 and something

I was young and quick back then tounge_o.gif

Game: Action Quake II

Map: Downtown (4 players)

Time: 13 hours

Frags: 600 and something

I was young and quick back then  tounge_o.gif

(SOF2) often unbeaten! tounge_o.gif

Name: Grand theft auto 3

Duration: 48 hours.

Achived: A headache and i finshed the game twice smile_o.gif

What i needed: My box of 28 cans of coke, a bottle of rum and some UDLS.

Without no possible contest : Daggerfall on PC

When i bought this game , few time after it went retail , i played it a -very- lot in the same day/night , i dont even remember having gone to bed smile_o.gif.

I think the close second was Dungeon Master on AtariST, i cant remember the number of hours played the first day.

Bard's Tale 2 had a good score on the whole day playing level , on my CPC464.

oh well, nice question smile_o.gif

Metal Gear Solid on PS: maybe 12 hrs, played it through in one night as soon as i got my hands on it.

Duke Nukem3d: 6 hrs non stop, right after that i started playing Crusader No remorse for another 4 hours...damn my neck hurt so bad that day tounge_o.gif

Final Fantasy7 on PS: several nights...uncountable hours, maybe 15 hrs nonstop on the first day, awesome game !

Resident Evil 2 on PS: my personal overkill, played it through 5 - 8 times in one night together with a friend.

---

i think that´s enough, i could think of more but my fingers are lazy..

When I was at school in my younger days we went to a house one of my friends dad owns in austria. It was in the Ibner Moor (swamp). We shut the curtains and played gunship for 1 day and 48 hours elite. We smoked cheap cigarettes because of the mosquitos and were literally blinded by the light when we left the house after 3 days of gaming  biggrin_o.gif

And well OFP...

Editing always sucked me in for days. 8 hours are nothing.

I guess my record with OFP is around 16 - 24 hours if not more.

OFP maybe 10 hours

Championship Manager possibly over 14 (LAN wink_o.gif )

Played many other games for long periods at a time, like:

Far Cry, Total war series (STW, MTW and NTW) Close Combat 3, Pro Evoultion Soccer.