Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Hitler? who is that?

Sky News reports that:

2,069 british people think Hitler never existed.

And WW2 was coused by aliens  rock.gif

But King Arthur DID exsist.

How stupid can they be  crazy_o.gif ?

Sky News Report

Quote[/b] ]

CLUELESS ABOUT HISTORY

Britain is a nation of history dunces with many even believing Adolf Hitler never existed, according to a new survey.

A quarter of those interviewed were not sure if the Battle of Trafalgar was a real historic event, while one in seven did not know the Battle of Hastings really took place.

Researchers found that many of the 2,069 adults questioned could not tell fact from fiction.

More than one in 20 thought the sci-fi classic War of the Worlds, in which Earth is invaded by Martians, was a historical event.

Some even believed the Battle of Helm's Deep from the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Battle of Endor from Return of the Jedi actually took place.

Almost half of those asked thought William Wallace never existed and more than half believed King Arthur was real.

A quarter thought Robin Hood was a genuine historical figure, while one in 20 thought Conan the Barbarian was real.

Some of the respondents confused popular television series with fact, with some believing Edmond Blackadder and Zena Warrior Princess had existed.

The survey of adults aged 16 and over was commissioned to coincide with the 300th anniversary of the Battle of Blenheim on August 13.

Yet the results showed that, despite being one of the greatest victories in British military history, nearly three quarters of the population had never heard of the battle.

John Hoy, chief executive of Blenheim Palace, said: "We set out to establish where the Battle of Blenheim stood in the nation's consciousness and were amazed to find out that so few people had even heard of the battle.

"We're determined to do all we can to change this.

Last Updated: 10:10 UK, Monday April 05, 2004

I could also say the War of the World was a historical event - the panic it caused was real and widespread enough.

And maybe the real story is that Sky News can't tell when 2069 people are pulling their leg wink_o.gif

well the article didnt mention anything about who ordered the survey, who payed for it, what was asked, ans so on...go ahead, trust the skynews :P

lol, I think some were joking, but I also think some people did think those things. I once new some1 who throught there was an actual nuclear war during the cold war tounge_o.gif

I believe it, i once convinced someone that the program they had on Discovery channel was an actual newscast from Australia about the dinosaurs that are still alive there.

I told them that because of Australias warm climate that the ice never made it that far down and that all the dinos who got trapped have descendants that are still alive today.

There are people who think we never went to the moon, that dont know what June 6th is and that Jethro Tull is a guy.

....that dont know what June 6th....

What is it about June 6th  rock.gif

LOL what is it about that date?

One thing is for sure that Jethro Tull isnt a guy, but a band  wink_o.gif

EDIT: NO! Elivis is not alive either biggrin_o.gif

LOL what is it about that date?

The D-day landings.

Sweden's national day of course smile_o.gif

And maybe the real story is that Sky News can't tell when 2069 people are pulling their leg  wink_o.gif

Lol. Yep. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I believe it, i once convinced someone that the program they had on Discovery channel was an actual newscast from Australia about the dinosaurs that are still alive there.

I told them that because of Australias warm climate that the ice never made it that far down and that all the dinos who got trapped have descendants that are still alive today.

Cheers. Please keep spreading misconceptions like that! Don't forget the drop bears, we all speak like Steve Irwin, and we don't have cars, because everyone gets around in a Kangeroos pouch. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

we don't have cars, because everyone gets around in a Kangeroos pouch.

There's little I do know about Australia, but that's a sure fact biggrin_o.gif lol wink_o.gif

This is all bullshit ! sorry for flaming. first i read about it on flashpoint.ru. Now i'm just exhausted and cannot continue the dibate here

My point is that there really are people that dumb in this world, whether the poll was BS or not.

LOL i've seen surveys before in which people have said they believe King Arthur to be real, but as for the other stuff... i think it is a bit far fetched.

Quote[/b] ]Don't forget the drop bears, we all speak like Steve Irwin, and we don't have cars, because everyone gets around in a Kangeroos pouch.

Ozanzac you also forgot to mention that there are also Koala's on every telegraph pole and we all drink Fosters tounge_o.gif

King Arthur DID exsist.

How stupid can they be  crazy_o.gif ?

You obviously have not been to tintagel

tintagel.jpg

btw when i was young i shit myself going up the steps to this place was soo fooking scary.

Sweden's national day of course smile_o.gif

Hmm, Sweeden's national birthday and D- Day. Isn't Blackdog's birthday also on June 6th? crazy_o.gif

(I'd say its a conspiracy blues.gif )

There sure are alot of stupid people in the world but they can never make me belive that more than 5% belive the earth was invaded by mars because then I am one of those amazingly stupid people.

Take from the sight:

Quote[/b] ]19. What is the "Springfield Effect"?

The Springfield Effect is the name given to the phenomenon by which every place named Springfield is hard-linked in hyperspace to every other place of this name. In other words, there is only one place named Springfield, but it is "linked" to various locations in the world.

20. Does Idaho exist

No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

21. What about North Dakota?

That doesn't exist either.

22. Any other places which are believed to exist but really don't?

Yes, Australia. And then there are the cryptogeographica, places such as Kadath, Carcosa, Hobbiton, Narnia, Hy-Brasil, Hell and such whose existence has not been satisfactorily proven.

They are just messing with you, noone is foolish enough to believe this, and if they do they can be easily shown that it is round....

At the bottom of the FAQ page.

Quote[/b] ] This FAQ was compiled by Lee Harvey Oswald Smith, KSC EMF, Chairperson dei gratia, Flat Earth Society, with the assistance of members of the Society and independent researchers; last updated: 43 Cfn 3163

Our own? rock.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ozanzac you also forgot to mention that there are also Koala's on every telegraph pole and we all drink Fosters
How forgetful of me. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well if you live u city folk (Looks at OzAnzac and ThirtyG tounge_o.gif )

live where I live I could bascilay take a Kanga to school. So fucking muchof them its not funny. My farm in the morning is full of kangas.

[ontopic]Maybe the 2096 of them where younger than 6 rock.gif [/ontopic]

Just read about this in the paper. If you think the british survey was bad you should see the American figures!

I wont post them here cause I will get flamed ...