Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

Nice, whats the story with the bennelli M3. Is it going to be a quick burst shot like the kozlice or a solid slug version?

It will be able to fire both (not at the same time obviously). The player/AI has the ability to load either 7 slugs, or 7 shells per magazine, and be able to switch between them (provided they carry both types in their inventory).

can u gives us pics of all the weapons pls?

the LR300 especially

also does it really take long to convert vbs1 model to non vbs1 models to ofp?

also some pics of the desert version seals

Here are a couple of images of the LR300 rifle in a couple of different variations:

LR300 w/ Aimpoint

LR300 in a marksman configuration

I intend to upload some new images of all the weapons in the (semi-distant) future (probably a week or so).

Images of the Desert SEALs can be found at http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_addons/seals/images/desert/ - (ignore the 'VBS ONLY' part of the banner, I'm starting to change my mind about that).

Quote[/b] ]also does it really take long to convert vbs1 model to non vbs1 models to ofp?

Not really. The only weapons that really need editing are the M249s, which use the rear sights and a couple of other pieces of the VBS1 M249 model. All the others can remain as they are. The only real change that needs to be made is to the config.cpp.

those weapons are freaken hot!!!!!!

those desert units aswell

crazy

Hi, well Jackal... those SEAL girlys don't look bad at all (for be SEA(iloormoon)S); hey man, as u must know... i still need of a good Weapons Master that ends the distance LODs of "my" M4's; why don't u gimme a ******' hand with 'em so the poor rats like we (that can't pay the price of the VBS1) could be playing with 'em in the OFP while u take 'em & export 'em to the VSB1 to arm those SEAL ******s so u can kill Jaguar and those... "others..." in the VSB1 with the best looking weapons pack, eh?! >>;-). cu man.

AWESOME!!

The LR300 looks awesome and those desert seals are VERY nice. I sure hope you will indeed port them to OFP.

But one thing I miss;

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m249saw-2.jpg

The little 'feet' at the end of the legs of the bipod. But I'm sure you'll add those.

Could you post a picture of the M60E4. In the previous release the M60E4 had the same handguard as the M60E3, which is wrong. The M60E4's handguard is much larger and looks better;

M60E4, note handguard at forward pistol grip

M60E3, note smaller handguard at forward pistol grip

Mk43 commando, note RIS handguard

Download this vid. Nice test of the M60E4

OK, I'll look into changing it at some point - the different designation is what threw me.

I'll also look into altering the 'feet' of the M249's bipod.

Can you show me some pics of the MP5's please?

tounge_o.gif

The MP5 addict have arrived. smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif good to hear youre back on track jackal cant wait for these seals to hit the (ofp) water

Can you show me some pics of the MP5's please?

I'm currently going through the (tedious) process of making 'Presentation' shots of all the weapons - one picture featuring multiple angles of the weapon (front, left and right side, rear etc.). As I am working in alphabetical order, and as it takes an arse-long time to do each weapon properly, I've only made 10 so far (AK47, AKS-47, AK47 Scoped, Anaconda Magnum, Benelli M3, Beretta 93R, CAR-15, FN57, Glock 17C and Glock 19), it'll be a while before I get to the MP5s. I hope to get some more done later. I'll upload them once they're ALL done.

Errr... Sorry Jackal.

crazy_o.gif

Just tested the oldie one today and... Very nice.

Though these new ones look nicer. Especially the LR300 looks very nice.

Keep on the good job.

Thanks.

Sorry.

No problem about the mistaken identity BlackScorpion wink_o.gif

The models that were present in the old pack have come a very long way since then, with many aspects of them being changed and altered - the best example of which being the M249 (see my earlier post for an image or two). The M4A1 variants have also been greatly improved upon, but you'll see that when I finally get around to completing the 'Presentation' images. I managed to get 4 more done last-night (SVI Infinity, M9, M14 and the M14 Designated Marksman Rifle), so hopefully by the end of the week I'll have them all done and uploaded.

Is it possible to release SEAL's for OFP with VBS1 head model? And, if I'm not mistaken, OFP engine could support such textures as in VBS1.

I thinks its illegal wink_o.gif but i dont know If its possible

Is it possible to release SEAL's  for OFP with VBS1 head model?

Illegal

Is it possible to release SEAL's  for OFP with VBS1 head model? And, if I'm not mistaken, OFP engine could support such textures as in VBS1.

Why do you ask about a VBS head, since there are plenty of new and better models around.

As has already been posted, the use of VBS1 head models outside of VBS1 itself is illegal. Also, the mapping of the OFP face textures (which are different in layout and resolution to VBS face textures) onto the VBS head model is more aggrovation than I am willing to put up with.

@Gordy: I imagine he asked about the VBS head model seeing as I am making these units for VBS1 first then 'porting them to OFP - probably hinting at getting an earlier release wink_o.gif

On another totally un-related note, I'm continuing work on the 'Presentation Images' for all of the weapons...to save on the time, the various rifle series that feature varying optic attachments will only have one large image with all the optics floating around the main body of the rifle (you'll know what I mean when they're done).

Can't wait to see those pictures smile_o.gif

I loved the old weapons, so I'm sure I'll love the new ones even more.

Hell, the weapons included with the SRT pack were (at that time) the best M4's I'd ever seen (and apart from scaling they still are still among the best)

Those SEAL's look awesome. But I'm sure you've looked at Lasers work on his Delta's. When I look at youir magpouches I can see the mags inside. Than why not remove the the cover and show the mags sitting in an open pouch (they often use this so that the mags can be easily reached).

You could even make use of hidden-selections for the pouchcovers and randomize them.

icon14.gif

I'll consider the mag-pouch idea, but I doubt it'll make it into this version of the release.

In other news, due to popular demand and several requests, I'ce decided to include an M240G in the pack. The model is originally by Earl, and has since been modified by Frandsen and myself. Check THIS LINK for a screenshot of the M240. The image is slightly out-dated and has been modified further since the image was taken. The hole in the end of the barrel has been fixed, and the rail has been replaced with a much more three-dimensional version.

Can I make a suggestion? wink_o.gif

Please, use antialiasing. it'll make images more interesting.

I'll look forward for your release and it has been a long wait. smile_o.gif

I'll consider the mag-pouch idea, but I doubt it'll make it into this version of the release.

In other news, due to popular demand and several requests, I'ce decided to include an M240G in the pack. The model is originally by Earl, and has since been modified by Frandsen and myself. Check THIS LINK for a screenshot of the M240. The image is slightly out-dated and has been modified further since the image was taken. The hole in the end of the barrel has been fixed, and the rail has been replaced with a much more three-dimensional version.

crazy_o.gif Why do people make the same mistyake ovber and over?

No offence, but a little interesting info on the M240; it ejects the cartridges at the UNDERSIDE of the gun. Right where you (and many other people who tried to make an M240) placed the ammo box.

There is no ammo-box for the M240. There is only a soft-ammobag hanging from the side of the gun.

A picture could be found here;

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/mmg.htm

But the site it down atm, but it may be up again soon.

For the rest it looks awesome. Don't consider this post as flaming, but I've seen this mistake very often. The guys from BAS (who usually did good research) were the first to made this mistake.