Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

Well then, here you go! That's where the Rucksack update was for!

Char_Titelbild.jpg

Every year christmas comes again and yet every year it is coming up pretty surprisingly. Maybe you all have been a little disappointed last year, because we had no special christmas release. This time you can look forward for some new heavy Stuff.

BadAss designed his new mission on a whim. But as it turnes out, it seems like this mission will be your christmas surprise this year. By the way, it seems to be the first Mapfact mission featuring both the DAC and the backpack addon. Too, the ActionHUD is playing it's part again, providing you important information.

Char_1k.jpgChar_4k.jpg

Read more at www.Mapfact.net and download it here.  welcome.gif

And of course: have fun! wink_o.gif

For those of you who might be interested: we decided to open up our Mapfact gameserver to the public. welcome.gif

Tomorrow, Saturday, all you guys are invited to play on our server from 8 o'clock PM (CET = UTC+1) till late.

All participants have to download all addons that are required (58MB) for the mission in advance!

Teamspeak and a working microphone are obligate. The spoken language, however, is german.

pub_mp1.jpgpub_mp.jpg

Rendezvous point:

From 7.30 PM (CET) in Teamspeak

Teamspeak IP: 85.214.20.71:8767

Game starts at 8.00 PM (CET)

Who comes late has to wait

The gameserver coordinates will be announced in Teamspeak.

Mapfact releases the MP-Mission "Escape from Nogova" by Chneemann

Escape.jpg

The players slip into the roles of nogovian policemen and volatile assassins, which broke out of Lipany prison.

An exciting "cat-and-mouse" game begins in which everyone must to foresee the next step of the opponents in best "Scotland Yard" manners.

Will the assasins succeed to leave the island at one of the three escape possibilities?

Read News at Mapfact.net

Download Mission at Mapfact.net

welcome.gif

sounds like a cool cops n bad guys mission! biggrin_o.gif

gonna have to try it at the next bigger lan game with my friends in about a few weeks hopefully tounge2.gif

Any word on an update for the Nogova Mining Company?

smile_o.gif

Hm? Any wishes? What has to be updated?

Just been making a mission on AEF Pheonix Island for my clan. I've read through the readme and tried searching the config etc, but could you tell me the line to make the Baracken Barrier open? The barrier is already placed on the map and I want it to open half way through a cutscene.

Thanks,

[CAS] Daniel, [23rd] Ground Division

Daniel @ Feb. 15 2006,01:00)]Just been making a mission on AEF Pheonix Island for my clan. I've read through the readme and tried searching the config etc, but could you tell me the line to make the Baracken Barrier open? The barrier is already placed on the map and I want it to open half way through a cutscene.

Thanks,

[CAS] Daniel, [23rd] Ground Division

I don't know how often we answered this... (maybe it is not written in the redme?)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">object animate ["Component02", 1]

~2

object animate ["Component02", 0] smile_o.gif

@raedor

LOD bugs on the workers

Vehicle textures were pretty low rez looking

It was all reported before when it was released. I thought i read where there was an update coming so I didnt know this was news. huh.gif

Heres the bug

mapmine.jpg

@raedor

LOD bugs on the workers

Vehicle textures were pretty low rez looking

It was all reported before when it was released. I thought i read where there was an update coming so I didnt know this was news. huh.gif

Heres the bug

blockquote><p>Ah, ok, didn

@textures: I doubt you'll see any high res addons from Mapfact anytime soon, as our modelers/texturers try to save some performance when-/whereever possible. As I'm scripter/coder I won't comment that http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/wink_o.gif' alt='wink_o.gif'>

Any word on an update for the Nogova Mining Company?

smile_o.gif

Hm? Any wishes? What has to be updated?

Object lighting => Sharp edges? My only wish. inlove.gif Same for Barracken addon. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't know how often we answered this... (maybe it is not written in the redme?)

Code Sample

object animate ["Component02", 1]

~2

object animate ["Component02", 0]

Thanks a lot. biggrin_o.gif

Guess what? Tomorrow ist saturday. And starting at 1900 o'clock CET there'll be the next public Escape session! welcome.gif

The spoken language will be english this time - at least we'll try our very best! tounge2.gif So everybody's invited to play with us again. biggrin_o.gif

You'll find all required information on our homepage. We'll update the news ASAP. Just wanted to let you know right now. Not that you make other plans instead and miss it. wink_o.gif

If you're too lazy to type... that's no excuse for not being there, here is the link. wink_o.gif

hi Map-Fact.net

i've tried your XM8 pack ( pretty cool smile_o.gif ) and i've adapted some scripts to a weapon pack for stargate mod. the question is : can i release my weapon pack with your XM8 scripts ?

thanks smile_o.gif

Request for feature for RESPAWN.

* Optional choice for AI medics/units to heal you.

* Maybe have it so an actual ambulance arrives and heals you

* Customizable body/grave cross option via a public variable.

* Option to have a marker where fallen soldiers are located

@Cryonic

Well,a bit offtopic,but it's actual...US Army stopped researching of XM8...M16A4'll be main gun in US Army soon.

Quote[/b] ]Well,a bit offtopic,but it's actual...US Army stopped researching of XM8...M16A4'll be main gun in US Army soon.

yes but i would ask to mapfact if i can use their scripts for my weapon pack wink_o.gif

@Rudy: Answered your post here, to have all requests and so on in one thread. smile_o.gif

I have very strange idea, but its my ofp dream inlove.gif

So

The whole map will be filled with units, vehicles and objects. I mean the most of the islands in real time. With the civilians on the streets doing their normal activities. The bases and the soldiers inside. Something like gta. Is that possible and can you do it?