Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

sniping-jack's Nogova 2 is only based on BI's Nogova and not on T.S.C. Plage's Nogova, so: probably not.

@raedor damn thats a nice shot there with the birdges! Makes me want to start doing ofp again while waiting for armed assault tounge2.gif

the waiting drives me insane tounge2.gif even though i don't have any cash right now at all i still would want it to be in the store, maybe i can wish really hard and it could get released befre august? biggrin_o.gif

While looking at the pics i couldn't directly spot the differences from Nogova and your new nogova version except for the bridge to the north island i guess? I always wanted a bridge that could connect it thumbs-up.gif

I have a small sugestion idea for ya, what about maybe doing a small castle or fortress or prison type o location in one or several of the rocky islands south of the south nogova bridge. would be cool to have some sort of resistance secret castle at sea or something there ya know wink_o.gif

While looking at the pics i couldn't directly spot the differences from Nogova and your new nogova version except for the bridge to the north island i guess? I always wanted a bridge that could connect it thumbs-up.gif

Nogova 2 is meant to be as repleacement for BI's Nogova, the Resistance Campaign and most missions should stay playable, that's why it all looks quite the same.

But you also can spot differences, for example take a closer look on the background of the 2nd pic or the Krasnovja Airport etc.

/edit: suggestion noted. smile_o.gif

Thx for replying raedor biggrin_o.gif im not so busy anymore on the forums and not too busy playing ofp that much or bothered to make missions or test so many new addons either so im very surprised and happy you guys are still working on the nogova 2 and maybe other projects smile_o.gif maybe when its released it might draw me back into a little more ofp'ing before armed assault gets released. xmas_o.gif whats your thoughts about armed assault btw?

Thx for replying raedor biggrin_o.gif im not so busy anymore on the forums and not too busy playing ofp that much or bothered to make missions or test so many new addons either so im very surprised and happy you guys are still working on the nogova 2 and maybe other projects smile_o.gif maybe when its released it might draw me back into a little more ofp'ing before armed assault gets released. xmas_o.gif whats your thoughts about armed assault btw?

Well... I hope that Nogova 2 gets released soon, but I can't promise anything.

Our thoughts about Armed Assault? Could you be a bit more specific? huh.gif We're looking forward to use all the new things we saw on our WS and we heard about (support stuff like CCD, Wiki, new O2 and also new features of ArmA like MGP etc etc etc), but we can't say much more right now, as we do not yet know enough about it.

haha i like the garage! biggrin_o.gif A question poped up in my head, will the lift be operateable? Like move up , move down from a switch like you can do on some hangar doors for an example tounge2.gif

I was thinking what new stuff do you feel like will be fun to play around with in armed assualt? Like mission editors , and other editors , any new game play stuff you look forward to most?

did you see or hear of any new aircraft or ships? Thats something thats been really lying in the dark about what vehicles are in game tounge2.gif Will it be easier to put in scripts into missions?

Lifter: Unfortunately not - ofp not supports linear animations.

But therefor it can repair your car. wink_o.gif

Okay, didin't knew that animation limit thingy but cool anyways that it can repair my vehicles! biggrin_o.gif will it have some pimp my ride style poster maybe inside or neon lights and scrap metal parts lying around? tounge2.gif

What about the sliding doors on the BAS blackhawks? huh.gif

What about the sliding doors on the BAS blackhawks? huh.gif

Well, you can fake linear animations (like main gun recoil on tanks) by taking a rotation but choose a looooong radius. So an operable lift is possible, but that does not mean that we'll include one.

This might sound a bit stupid, but has mapfact ever thought about making a new island from scratch, it always wonders me why people prefer editing BIS islands than rather making their own with what appears to be some stunning objects you have in the pipe line.

Nick

It's easier to improve something than to make it from scratch... Also you don't have to make new missions as it is very easy to convert old ones (+ you can play the OFP:R campaign on it). But I'm no map maker, better wait for an answer from them wink_o.gif

Clouds 1

Clouds 2

Clouds 3

Ok i fully understand that, i have always been a fan of the mapfact stuff and its always been "playable" so why not keep it the same for your islands too wink_o.gif

Im not sure if this has been discussed if so then i will read back the topic, but are those mountains part of the terrain? Converted into terragen and created that way to get more detail, or is it more of a collection of models that slot together and make the peek?

I also understand if this is classified information wink_o.gif

Nick

EDIT:

Great Pics really fits in well wink_o.gif

Ok i fully understand that, i have always been a fan of the mapfact stuff and its always been "playable" so why not keep it the same for your islands too wink_o.gif

Im not sure if this has been discussed if so then i will read back the topic, but are those mountains part of the terrain? Converted into terragen and created that way to get more detail, or is it more of a collection of models that slot together and make the peek?

I also understand if this is classified information wink_o.gif

Nick

EDIT:

Great Pics really fits in well wink_o.gif

The new objects are neither high poly nor high res textured, but in return Nogova 2 stays playable! smile_o.gif

The mountain is part of the terrain, it does not consist of single models. wink_o.gif

Ok i get what your saying wink_o.gif, nice idea, hats off to you chaps thumbs-up.gif

Anyway i will stop spamming your topic and go back to watching smile_o.gif

Nick smile_o.gif

Ok i get what your saying wink_o.gif, nice idea, hats off to you chaps thumbs-up.gif

Anyway i will stop spamming your topic and go back to watching smile_o.gif

Nick smile_o.gif

Hehe, that's not spamming, that's what this thread is made for: Discussing our upcoming addons wink_o.gif

wooooooow, realy awesome stuff, your making. (Da geht mir echt die Hose auf). Cant wait until release.

Omg omg omg! You amaze me almost everytime you post new screens from noe 2!!! thumbs-up.gif

Love the pond in combat photography really much, is it water there or is it something else?

Keep up the hard work there! wink_o.gif Have a good summer fellas!

Love the pond in combat photography really much, is it water there or is it something else?

This pic shows water, yes.

Keep up the hard work there! wink_o.gif Have a good summer fellas!
Either we keep up the good work or we're having a good summer... whistle.gifwink_o.gif