Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

@Jotte:

helmets - it is low poly model for lowering HW usage so it can looks little "ugly" than helmets from another addons/MODs.

We sent request to HYK for using his units in our MOD long time ago but we didn't received answer yet sad_o.gif

@Gedis: until now he just said "made by geo from the bhd mod", but yes, would be interesting to know if they are still working on it

@Maa: ag_smith just said on another thread that Hyk allowed everyone to use his stuff as long as you give him credits for his work, and i think i can remember that statement by Hyk too

Maa, there is really no need for a email request. Go fishing through HYK's thread and you'll see that he left a charta blanc for others to use his soldiers in their mod without futher need to ask for permission provided they just credit him and the other makers in the read me. smile_o.gif

Here it is HYK thread, page 23

Quote[/b] ]

hyakushiki wrote:

And of course, it's OK to use my soldiers in any kind of MODs and ADDONs without my permission. biggrin_o.gif

But please credit the name of RyoGuGu, the original author of soldier body, and the leader of BOH mod.

There you go. smile_o.gif

Tip; Hyk 85 SF CQB --> BlackOp Day biggrin_o.gif

Edit:

Oh and I forgot to say that I really like the new west replacment vehicles. Good job there. Its so much more fun to blow up nice looking stuff. biggrin_o.gif

The new models and the new textures rock a lot smile_o.gif

About Hyaku-Shiki, we also had his permission to use them, and he even sent us the mlods. However, the file was corrupted, and we didn't manage to have an answer from him since sad_o.gif

I hope nothing bad happened to him blues.gif

MAA excellent work, its people Like CLSA,FLK,FDF,RHS and the various other mods that are propping up this community with a fantastic level of detail, quality of artwork and expertise that would put profesional game devs to shame

SWEET nice blackhawks with SEATS in them...can't wait for the update :-) oh so since yall have permission to hyks stuff...yall gonna include those too? no point having yalls high quality replacements being driven by crappy old BIS stuff...

yeah, too bad you won't use the ORCS or whoever's east replacement =) i agree that HYK's are simply a must.

@Cpt. FrostBite:

We want replace east soldiers with our new models in future Updates.... or maybe we use soldiers from another team.

We will try replace west soldiers with HYK ones... but it push release date for few more days.

We will try replace west soldiers with HYK ones... but it push release date for few more days.

Just to precise Maa's reply: I planned some US Army troops since my first day in CSLA. We have a different approach than HYK, aimed solely on 1985-1989 infantry, and I guess with my US webbing collection, we could come with some really accurate textures. However, this project won't appear in Update 1, I have pretty enough work with CSLA troops right now. smile_o.gif

ORCS units are pretty fine for generic USSR infantrymen, but we would like to bring more time/space accuracy and make East infantry looking like the troops stationed in Czechoslovakia in 1980s. As far as I know, they did not use the "beryoza" camo that much, they wore either khaki or the VDV camouflage. However, this will take some research.

Generally said, we would like to build any units on the basis of Maa's excellent soldier model. It is quite good for texturing, and has great shape.

These are just future plans, I am not saying that this will be released in weeks... smile_o.gif We are trying to change CSLA into mod with more accurate historical background, but the way is hard and long.

@Cpt. FrostBite:

We want replace east soldiers with our new models in future Updates.... or maybe we use soldiers from another team.

Who would that be? tounge_o.gif

As you know were always open for cooperation wink_o.gif

@Shadow NX:

;)

Looking good. Any chance you'll retexture and/or slightly remodel the Abrams,T80,shilka, Vulcan, and Bradley also?

I actually would be really interested to see what you guys come up with for East and West soldiers. The CSLA troops in CSLAII are in my opinion the absolute perfect soldiers in all of Flashpoint. They look great but don't slaughter frame rate and performance like every one else’s.

I can actually place a platoon of CSLA troops in a mission with out lag. That's one little thing I have against Hyakushiki's units. They are beautiful and I use them all the time, but it's not really feasible to place more than a squad of them in a mission.

I keep checking the forums for about a week, then when I go away for a day or two the heavens open up!

Great work, I like the BTR with the little details you put on the side. "It's the small things that make the big things happen."

Btw sry for being impatient before, it was a long and boring afternoon... also I'd gone a bit OTT with the coffee. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I can actually place a platoon of  CSLA troops in a mission with out lag.  That's one little thing I have against Hyakushiki's units

I think that's your comps fault more so than HYK's troops.

Why is this thread turning into another discussion about US soldiers...I thought this was a Czech mod? Let's allow them to make their priority stuff first please.

There's not enough US troops already?  tounge_o.gif

they brought up the US soldier stuff and i think it's pretty sensible as the US would be IIRC the main enemy of the CLSA forces, this way we can have standardisation within the CLSA mod.

Few news:

East M2 replaced with DshK:

You have no idea how happy this has made me.

Now I'm going to be counting the minutes until the update.

Awesome work guys!

Few news:

East M2 replaced with DshK:

You have no idea how happy this has made me.

Now I'm going to be counting the minutes until the update.

@Kurayami: How long has it been so far? tounge_o.gif

Looks tops guys ,cant wait..

On another note... CSLA with RHS input to boot, it would be a hyper super mod if you both helped each other..

Two thumbs up for the spirit of co-operation.

I think we can provide a few vehicles that are needed as we did it before with for example the t55s and the early t72 while we use some of their stuff also for our works.

Very nice unit replacements! i´ll be waiting for all of them! xmas_o.gif