Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Aarg to bad that Lacarta is at last posistion sad_o.gif

I really was looking forward to the tecnicals you guys made it would be very nice if you guys release only the tecnicals as standalone wink_o.gif

Yea me too. I m not fan of CSLA, but Operation Lacerta was great looking mod. Its pitty that they stopped working on such good stuff. sad_o.gif

Aarg to bad that Lacarta is at last posistion sad_o.gif

I really was looking forward to the tecnicals you guys made it would be very nice if you guys release only the tecnicals as standalone wink_o.gif

Yea me too. I m not fan of CSLA, but Operation Lacerta was great looking mod. Its pitty that they stopped working on such good stuff. sad_o.gif

they havent stopped just temporarily stopped

Take it easy, guys, we had a reason to stop Lacerta. Whinning makes no good to both you and this topic. Now go and criticise the CSLA units for a while. smile_o.gif

Take it easy, guys, we had a reason to stop Lacerta. Whinning makes no good to both you and this topic. Now go and criticise the CSLA units for a while. smile_o.gif

The glasses are slightly out of angle and I find the beard offensive!

Nah I'm just kidding, and I was worried that the camo on that unit was final, but I'm glad it isn't (I wasn't too keen on it in CSLA2)

Looks very promising Edge! smile_o.gif A bit of texture stretching on the upper arms but otherwise good. smile_o.gif

Question: Will the armpatches be part of the arm textures or is it one of those "external" types? The reason I ask is that the ones that are not part of the integral armtextures get missaligned when ever you use custom anims.

they havent stopped just temporarily stopped

I know. But do you realise what temporary stop means? Very small chance that they will release it before OFP2 sad_o.gif.

Take it easy, guys, we had a reason to stop Lacerta.

Well can you share us a little information about this reason? Just a little to fullfil my curiosity.

They probably have more than 1 project being worked on.

I dont think it matters what the reason is. They would make Lacerta and release it if they could...wouldnt you think?  rock.gif

Although, I do have to admit I have a bit of a beef when a good project gets pimped out and posted about so much and then "stopped"...who wouldnt?  crazy_o.gif

They probably have more than 1 project being worked on.

I dont think it matters what the reason is. They would make Lacerta and release it if they could...wouldnt you think?  rock.gif

Well it maters because we can asume probable release time. If it's engine or lack of staff problem then we may not see it in a year or so, but if it's something that can be quickly fixed then I hope we can have it before OFP2 is released.

Ragarding the textures: As I said, those you see on the pics are just placeholders for the new textures we are currently working on. The problem with this camo is that it is "naturaly ugly", but we will do our best to produce better texture. It will be based on photographed pattern, and I will personally add some folding and shading according to the photos. So it will be still really ugly raindrop pattern, but overall look of the soldiers shall be better.

Paratrooper armpatch: We have made a separate patch with possibility to change patches in realistic way (various sub-units of Paratroop Recon regiment had various colours), but due to the technical problems with animations (e.g. distortion of the patch, overlaying of model parts), we agreed on having one-colour fixed patch painted on the texture.

Here we go! Some fresh pics from Maa's last-nights work... biggrin_o.gif

upd1_pechota1.jpg

Mechanized/light infantry rifleman.

upd1_prieskumnik1.jpg

Paratroop recon soldiers armed with Sa-58V w. Meopta optical sights (a bit fictious).

upd1_vysadkar2.jpg

Paratroopers armed w. UK-59 and SVD.

upd1_prieskumnik2.jpg

Another reconnaisance trooper.

Ragarding the textures: As I said, those you see on the pics are just placeholders for the new textures we are currently working on. The problem with this camo is that it is "naturaly ugly", but we will do our best to produce better texture. It will be based on photographed pattern, and I will personally add some folding and shading according to the photos. So it will be still really ugly raindrop pattern, but overall look of the soldiers shall be better.

tounge_o.gif Yeah, it's a real shame they used this pattern and I hate it. I'm still gonna use your mod, though. I love the units. You can't help that this is the pattern they used.

btw; thank god the lacarte pattern looks better wink_o.gif

Troops look great.

Did you guys get a chance to sample any new weapon sounds by any chance for this version?

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Will the helmet(s) be reworked? Or are you sticking with the "thick shelled" ones similar to original ofp?

Hey sry to double post but...

Any news? It's been quiet the past week and I'm starting to get a bit curious...

Either that or you're working hard on the mod biggrin_o.gif

tell you what

Just because a mod doesn't post pictures for a week or say this or that, it doesn't mean it's dead wink_o.gif So-called addon makers, which seem to have a higher status or something immortal with them for some of the people here, are nothing more than normal people with families, friends, work, hobbies etc. No-one can be bothered to work on OFP addons every day only that he can show pictures to you every week or two.

Even if a mod doesn't post anything for a month, it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead. It probably only means that the modders are way too busy in RL to do anything that they could show to you. Keep that in mind wink_o.gif

it wasn't even a week, only 6 days, but the rest you say is completly right hardrock

hardrock, true true...

but we are also humans, we are very interested in what they are making, what are the news and etc. You see, we are like sharks which you need to feed with meat, just because we don't eat you smile_o.gif

@Jotte: helmets - new model used in initial version of CSLAII.

We are still working on Update1 but we are busy in real life so work continues slowly...

We are updating and tweaking some models and textures and adding few new improvements...

Few news:

East M2 replaced with DshK:

upd1_dshk_01.jpg

BTR-50 added to East side too (was only for FIA)... according to request from this forums ;)

upd1_btr50cccp_01.jpg

Some things on west side are replaced too:

UH-60 and UH-60 M2 are replaced with new models made by Geo (BHD MOD)

upd1_uh60_01.jpg

upd1_uh60_02.jpg

M113 is replaced with new model made by Geo

upd1_m113_01.jpg

HMMWV is replaced with new models made by Geo and added version armed with M2

upd1_hmmwv_01.jpg

upd1_hmmwv_02.jpg

lookin' great!

Someone finally decided to replace the M2 east... It only took 5 years.haha

well yehaaa, finaly no more .50cal on east side!!! biggrin_o.gif

BHD mod is still alive?!?!

besides great work!

you just feeded sharks, now you can breave freely biggrin_o.gif

Roger on the helmet Maa. Was just curiouse.

Speaking of west replacments, while your at it, how about using the HYK 85 soldier model as west soldier replacment? HYK was happy to let anyone use it as long as he is credited. smile_o.gif