Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Why? Is it a taboo?

It's not taboo, it's just not discussable outside the confines of news discussions and in the appropriate place, these forums are Operation Flashpoint forums and here for the discussion of Operation Flashpoint only (except for sign posted exceptions).

VBS News Discussion policy.

VBSresources.com has a public section where anyone can discuss VBS1.

post retracted, no point in aruging if u have already made up ur minds

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, an idea just invited itself into my mind... Has any thought been given into coordinating with other MOD's to make a unified Warsaw Pact system?

I believe HellFish did bring up such a concept , it was called Minimod or something? It was about getting mods to gather their resources models together and make a small army and make missions around it for a fast small mod. Which could also be used in MP gameplay. No one picked on it then , the thread is probably buried in the forum somewhere and the search function and i dont go along well ... crazy_o.gif

@Placebo:

If this forum isnt for VBS1 discussions then why are VBS1 pics allowed to be posted in OFP combat photography? and allowed to be discussed even in the CP comments threads? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, an idea just invited itself into my mind... Has any thought been given into coordinating with other MOD's to make a unified Warsaw Pact system?

I believe HellFish did bring up such a concept , it was called Minimod or something? It was about getting mods to gather their resources models together and make a small army and make missions around it for a fast small mod. Which could also be used in MP gameplay. No one picked on it then , the thread is probably buried in the forum somewhere and the search function and i dont go along well ... crazy_o.gif

@Placebo:

If this forum isnt for VBS1 discussions then why are VBS1 pics allowed to be posted in OFP combat photography? and allowed to be discussed even in the CP comments threads? rock.gif

Read the VBS1 Discussion Policy smile_o.gif

Anyways, this Warsaw Pact thingy would be really nice. EDF Mod would join it definitely smile_o.gif

Don't let this thread go to the point were it needs to be closed pleased. That would be worst thing we as the community could possibly do to the CSLA mod and would be a big insult to the people still working on it.

If they want to say something about all this, they will.

I could really use a vacation right now, but I don't think that I or any one of you are waiting on a vacation that Hellfish has in mind wink_o.gif

The most important thing is that they said over and over that the Lacarte project was not cancelled, it was paused.

The other members are working hard on the rest of the mod and the recent update pictures show their awesome work. I'm looking forard to the update and the FIA pack. Keep it up guys! icon14.gif

I agree with Cpt. FrostBite:

I think we should all wait now until maa has spoken. I don't want to see someone kicked off the forums or this thread brought down just because of loose talk.

Out of what I've read this forum is about CSLA, not VBS. I'm sure there's another forum topic people can discuss things between Lacreta and VBS, and if there isn't, well tough luck, I'm sure they keep things from us for a reason.

Sorry for sounding blunt, and I really don't need a vacation right now. wink_o.gif

Don't let this thread go to the point were it needs to be closed pleased.

It won't, anyone that refuses to stop discussing things that aren't relevant in this thread will be receiving complementary cruise vouchers from the Hellfish travel agency.

Hey can we get a picture of the internal of the UH60? just wanted to see if it looks as good in side as out side.

STGN

Thanks Placebo and Hellfish to calm down the offtopic disscussion. I was not present on forum during the weekend, otherwise I would ask you for help to cool down the situation or closure of the thread.

We should be disscussing the upcomming Update 1 & FIA pack here. This is what concerns CSLA team works.

Concerning CSLA's project generally, including Lacerta status: Lacerta project is on hold due to several reasons.

a/ Some CSLA team members had left the team (completely or partially) due to whatever reasons (family, job, girlfriends....) and we are understaffed now.

b/ In order to keep CSLA projects running, it was necessary to became more focused and don't split effort to multiple projects to be able to finish at least one of them. Decision was to finish Update1 and add FIA pack to it, because these themes are closely connected to original CSLA aim. Lacerta, althought promising, was only side branch booster pack for CSLA mod.

c/ CSLA is and will be Warshaw pact army mod (wrong side, bad and ugly guys)

d/ With the people leaving CSLA also some knowhow, possibilities, capacities and techniques are gone. Thus, Lacerta is on hold, doesn't mean that it is cancelled, but if resurrected one day, certainly will not look as was presented before (low staff, different people, different look and aim). Will be better or worse, who knows?

This post is to close offtopic discussion and to give info. We respect the community and hope this statement is enough to clear the situation.

At the end of this post I have to say that I always apreciated matureness of this forum and its members. Thus I was surprised by some childish posts and reactions.

"Yes, under the Chistmas tree will not be expected toy. Sorry. Yours sincerely Satan Claus."

biggrin_o.gif I could not resist biggrin_o.gif

Satan Claus

wow_o.gif

Now it gets interesting . . .

However, thanks for the info. Take yourselves time to finish whatever you plan to release next, RL has absolute priority, thus also many other mods and addon makers are progressing slowly. That shouldn't be a problem though. It's just how it is.

But: keep the pictures rolling wink_o.gif

Satan Claus? Did Santa die and went to hell?

Just fooling around

Can we see that blackhawk more closely? smile_o.gif

Will you be adding custom music (like FDF mod) to Update1? It would be great to see somthing new on the list.

crazy_o.gif don't make the waiting time longer please

Will you be adding custom music (like FDF mod) to Update1? It would be great to see somthing new on the list.

crazy_o.gif don't make the waiting time longer please

Agreed ghostface.gif

Beta version of Update was given to testers now.

We are waiting for bug-reports and opinions...

We (and maybe our testers too) will post some pics this week.

So far there were only tiny bugs, i for myself liked the last CSLA release but there were many tiny things that didnt made me too happy.

Well lets say everything i didnt liked was improved and now the whole mod makes a lot more fun, especially the new soldier models are lovely, they even wear the fitting insignia to their rank... you give a soldier the major rank in the editor and you see it ingame by the gold stars on his breast, very cool feature.

Also things like the leaning and rolling anims by Locke are included.

I already discussed with Maa about adding more lil things, i would like to see the Bis T-80 replaced with our T80BV for example...

I already discussed with Maa about adding more lil things, i would like to see the Bis T-80 replaced with our T80BV for example...

Great news. That would be uber-cool! smile_o.gif

Great news. That would be uber-cool!  smile_o.gif

super-uber-cool! wow_o.gif

News:

New PK (wooden texture will be updated):

upd1_pk_10.jpg

Updated Uk-59:

upd1_uk59_10.jpg

Automatic ranking system (+ new textures on soldiers):

upd1_ranking_10.jpg

upd1_ranking_11.jpg

Few pics from testing part1:

upd1_soldiers_10.jpg

upd1_soldiers_11.jpg

upd1_soldiers_12.jpg

upd1_soldiers_13.jpg

upd1_soldiers_14.jpg

Pics from testing part2:

upd1_us_10.jpg

upd1_us_11.jpg

upd1_us_12.jpg

upd1_us_13.jpg

@Beta-Testers : Update and bugfixes for beta version will be ready early next week ... I will send info via mail.

Is there in the upcomming release a campaign where US is fighting CSLA rock.gif

Would be cool if there comes a new campaign wink_o.gif

@ExtracTioN : There is conversion of old CSLA1 campaign Operation: Paranoid from year 2002 in Update1. In this campaign CSLA fighting against NATO.

Cool I haden't played than the campaign I only played the campaign that you fight agains the russians and it was one of the best campaigns I ever played wink_o.gif

Hope this new one or old but updated would be as good as csla2 campaign looking forward to it wink_o.gif