Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Uss nimitz by hawk & dasquade

WOW !! smile_o.gif  DOUBLE WOW !!

Please pass my thanks to Hawk and Dasquade also!

A wonderful beta. Can't wait for the (near) final release ....

I can see a Carrier War MP mission alreadly !

Quote[/b] ]Anyway... it's still beta and the author has plenty of time to correct this.

To be honest .... an EXACT Nimitz .. why ... I dont care !!!!

Lets just call it the sister ship, the Mizint biggrin_o.gif

BTW, where can I get Ivan's beta ? ... or is that only available to the likes of agent smith smile_o.gif

I'd love to see the USS Wasp after this.  biggrin_o.gif

I want the USS Tarawa as well...we need a good LHD

The USMC Addons coming out need a great Ship to take them on MEU wink_o.gif

I'd love to see the USS Wasp after this.  biggrin_o.gif

I'll second that, since we have some wonderful Marine choppers coming out. It'd be nice to park one off the coast of Tonal and conduct peacekeeping ops or evacuate an embassy.

Heres a pic of the Tarawa addon if anyones wondering.Yeah its preety big.and mostly unlandable,but its cool looking.

USMC-0005.jpg

Heres a pic of the Tarawa addon if anyones wondering.Yeah its preety big.and mostly unlandable,but its cool looking.

Yeah, just a bit too big.

This is great, all we need is some sort of pocket carrier now...

How about the WW2 'Jeep' Carriers (Bogue, Commencement Bay etc...)

Only catch would be no jets, they about half the size of Hermes.... (They had catpults, but only for the older props)

I know they where using the 'jeeps' during the korean war, unsure when the last where used tho, most ended as helo carriers.

Quote[/b] ]This will be Interesting to see who will come out with the complete finished addon of the AC.....mind u HMS Hermes by Falklands Mod with the new look and upgrade looks promising

The 1982 Hermes will be quite different to Nimitz, no catapults, no arrestor wires, but working lifts.

The 82 modificattions where done to operate just one type of aircraft (although in OFP some of the others can use it anyway)

One of the funnies I have had so far is a rolling take off from the extreme stern to then find the sodding lift is down....

Our carriers wont release until mod complettion, although I may update the 68 Hermes (but it wont match the Nimitz in features as I am not a scripter by any measure).

surely this is the best AC ever made in OFP

(BTW, dont use the first lunacher frome the left, you will crash into the rader if you have a larger wing)

This is great, all we need is some sort of pocket carrier now...

How about the WW2 'Jeep' Carriers (Bogue, Commencement Bay etc...)

Only catch would be no jets, they about half the size of Hermes.... (They had catpults, but only for the older props)

I know they where using the 'jeeps' during the korean war, unsure when the last where used tho, most ended as helo carriers.

Perhaps you are referring to an LCT?

I'm really interested in what you're talking about.

Pictures maybe? Link? I did a quick search on google, nothing.

FAS.org... maybe...

ive been landing tomcats and hawkeyes on this all day and launching them with the catapults very funny with seahawks biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Cannot fold wings up on RAD F-18's by Pennywise and Hudson. For some reason the models interfer with eachother and cause the F-18 to flip over. Possibly H&P can work out a fix? I would expect this would happen on any carrier it lands on.

This carrier is fantastic!

I'm feeling really thick though,as I just can't land on it.

I come in nice and slow and select the "land in line" option but I don't slow down at all when I touch down.Basically I either fly right across the top and then drop into the sea or the plane explodes about half way along the carrier.

Can somebody tell me where I,m going wrong? sad_o.gif

This carrier is fantastic!

I'm feeling really thick though,as I just can't land on it.

I come in nice and slow and select the "land in line" option but I don't slow down at all when I touch down.Basically I either fly right across the top and then drop into the sea or the plane explodes about half way along the carrier.

Can somebody tell me where I,m going wrong? sad_o.gif

You are landing from the back where the line/cable is right rock.gif , just press (S) key to stop once the cable grabs you. the ruway is also very well lit at night and with the plane's lights on i find more interesting to do night landings, also very easy and fun smile_o.gif .

Lol how much lag did it cause to put those 3 carriers side by side ?

Lol how much lag did it cause to put those 3 carriers side by side ?

With just these carriers (no planes on them) I had no lag at all...

i had barely any lag when putting it in lol, and my computer is infamous for getting lag just in the editor lol

It would be better if it is leaning more to the "realistic" side. FANTASTIC carrier by the way. I really can't believe that I can land on it. I have trouble landing planes on land, but I'm not having any problems landing on this baby with view distance at 5000, and with the F/A-18. I am having some trouble with the F-14 and the E2 Hawkeye. The F-14 blows up when I land on the deck with the break lines and the E2 gears go up after landing. I can't seem to get the choppers to land either. They just float over the sections... Over all, GREAT AC. Some bugs have to be fixed, but its absolutely amazing. This addon brings us one step closer to better sea warfare. I still remember the threads asking if AC's were possible and the responses with the answer "no"...

landing the f14 is easyier than the hornet just stick out full flaps and reduce speed to 250 and land stopping is harder crazy_o.gif