Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Uss nimitz by hawk & dasquade

Well it is either the real Hawk or a new ag_smith covering his "not-to-be-so-public-beta" tracks LOL biggrin_o.gif

lol ... sorry ag_smith .... couldnt resist ... smile_o.gif

[EC] hawk you the hawk that has released those addons rock.gif

I have been told Hawk can not speak english crazy_o.gif

they got translator websites ya know  wink_o.gif

ladies and gentalmen of the OFP community. with this addon i was inspired to make up a USN pack for you all.

Included is-

Ships:

*USS Ashland LSD

*USS Nimitz CVN

*Tiger Patrol Boat

------------------------------

Men:

*Admiral

*Navy Seal (coc diver)

*DRW Carrier Crew

-blue

-green

-red

-yellow

-purple

*ITA Pilot

Aircraft:

Helos-

*UH-1

*CH-53

*HH-60

Planes-

*F/A-18 Hornet

*F-14 Tomcat

*AWACS

Misc:

CoC Torpedos

i made none of these addons and contributed nothing to any of them. i only packaged them up for conviencace.

35.7MB Download Here

uploading right now will be ready in 60 minutes from this post time

Lol yeah you was to early to post the addon pack tounge_o.gif

Edit: bah I need some sleep I writed orginal

Quote[/b] ]Lol yeah you was to eary to post the addon pack tounge_o.gif
as you see forgot to ---->L<---- crazy_o.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 27 2004,12:55)]Well it is either the real Hawk or a new ag_smith covering his "not-to-be-so-public-beta" tracks LOL   biggrin_o.gif

lol ... sorry ag_smith .... couldnt resist ... smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif WOW! ROTFL. No, it wasn't me. It's got to be the "real" Hawk. I sent him link to this thread a few days ago and obviously he read my mail, so he came here. wink_o.gif

I have noticed (dpboing the nimitz) that the scripts are intended to function when the ship is called "Nimitz", but somehow (beta version, remember) there is some kind of error and a error message apears (divided by 0 stuff), so maybe some one can take a peek at the scripts and fix what is wrong so all the AA and the SAM´s works properly.

Regards.

yea i have had a look at the build scrip and have noticed its supposed to create 8 Crew Units for each gun.. but for some reason it dosent create these.. i have enve tried to by-pass this but no luck

hope some with with a better understanding of the scripts can sort it out smile_o.gif

Hawk was here and things are ok..sweet ! Now I comment on this nice carrier.

Obviously its not WW2 era (1975 and up I think)

But this is a very nice addon,It has inspired me to finish mine, and the problem with moving planes up for the launch would be fixed with my plane tug,but unfortunately I didn't plan on any launching functions as my planes are able to take off within 100m or so.(ww2 era)

I really like this carrier and I play with modern stuff more now too,great work ! And I offer any help that you may need.

hawk @ Jan. 27 2004,11:18)]Hi everyone i am happy to hear those things about it

I'm REALLY happy to hear from You!  biggrin_o.gif

hawk @ Jan. 27 2004,11:18)]its true this is beta version but some problems in scripts are caused by limitations of game for example landing gear is imposible to open in AI aircraft beacouse actions for it not exist or is hidden so it can do only player in plane

That's no problem for me! I only play MP and the guys from my Server can't wait for the first MP-Mission with this GREAT carrier! I think you don't need the AI be able to land on the carrier ... as far as they can use the catapult (which is really excellent!) and take-off.  biggrin_o.gif

hawk @ Jan. 27 2004,11:18)]about credits don't worry it would be all in readme (this was non public version so it wasn't there)

Is this now the "Official Release"? rock.gif

Am i allowed to use this alsome addon for a public MulitPlayer-Mission?

THX

and again: GREAT WORK, Hawk & Dasquade!!!

MEDICUS

Have been following this topic a while (in silence). Just wanted to post some comment on it. To bad i lost my intrest in carriers (most of it because of the Nimitz model and its RoadLod bugs), but i think most of the people here are happy you (Hawk) updateded the Nimitz. Very nice work by the way (especially the script and extras like the radars and doors..ext. Keep it up!!! About the model (knowing its background and bugs  sad_o.gif  and knowing this is BETA) you did a good job (remoddeling and adding the missing parts). Although they don't really are the same as RL. (no effence...like i said when i stopped this project..FREE for use). Maybee one suggestion: remove the hangar door on the rear. (just the door).

Anyway, after testing it ingame i noticed the model still has some Roadlod bugs (around part 3 and 4..if i'm correct). Only tested with soldier. Soldier was somehow falling through landing deck..and was hanging (-50cm). Also still some Roadlod bugs on the right side (near command tower), but this is still because its more then 65m in witdh  sad_o.gif  (Fixed in part 3). Anyway, as said no offence or negative comment. Since THAT was the problem i had, i had hoped this would have bee fixed first. (Like i said before: Nimitz need to bee split of in witdh..or has to bee rescaled or resized  sad_o.gif ).

Anyway, knowing the project i still wish you all luck with it and hope you don't give it up!!  unclesam.gif

PS: one other suggestion (something i did on the Nimitz): turn the nets (on the side of the carrier) so the flat part is on top and add a "net". Not that must work, but result is better. If you need a "net" texture, i uploaded the textures (i think they were in the last pbo also) TGA version

PAC version

Anyway, if you need some help, just ask. (hope you could understand my post..my english isn't that good also  rock.gif )

Oh, maybee a tip (maybee not..don't know what's done and what not) but perhaps you could make the lift (was working 99% perfect in my last pbo) as seperate part (and copy and place it through the build script). Just need to mirror that lift for the other side. If you need the lift part from me, just ask.

Anyway, once again..good luck!

Edit: added pic of nets.

nets.jpg

This a really neat addon. But I have been wondering why BIS (maybe) hasn't realised that people are now making larger addons and made a patch to accomodate the larger roadway lods. This would make the creation of large addons, like the Nimitz, and buldings more feasible. I for one would support such a patch.

Once this is achieved then aircraft carrieres could be more operational as boats rather than static models.

that would be the best patch ever if BIS release a patch that you can make bigger roadway lods wink_o.gif

Hope Suma looks here wink_o.gif

This a really neat addon. But I have been wondering why BIS (maybe) hasn't realised that people are now making larger addons and made a patch to accomodate the larger roadway lods. This would make the creation of large addons, like the Nimitz, and buldings more feasible. I for one would support such a patch.

Once this is achieved then aircraft carrieres could be more operational as boats rather than static models.

I've been wondering the same thing for a longer while and I came to conclusion that probably such a patch would involve too many changes to code and maybe have some performance impact.

One more thing, iirc somebody a while ago was talking about some kind of ILS script that allowed planes to land on HMS Hermes. I can even remember pics showing a jet landing on Hermes in thick fog. Anybody remember who made that script and if it was ever released? rock.gif

Edit: typos crazy_o.gif

you forgott about new ExtracTioN seahawks  tounge_o.gif  LOL tounge_o.gif

no i didnt i made that pack 5 minutes after i downloaded your seahawk wink_o.gif hence the HH60 in the list that was one of the things that inspired me to post it biggrin_o.gif

I have that simple ww2 era planetug in progress,already ingame and towing things

In the process of tweaking the custom towing script for it,unfortunately planes are different and level out when you move them,I'm in the process of converting to a different method

I am making it so its easy to add other planes to its functions.

But I do recall seeing few others plane tugs (Falklands I believe has a modern one in progress)

Prolly me finishing the scripts may help theirs get done, but will they release it?

I didn't plan on releasing my plane tug till final Corsair,but I could maybe whip up a beta? Anyone wanna texture it?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/planetug.html

Has anyone thought about the support-problem on a carrier? For example how to rearm or refuel a jet? I think it would look really strange if there are some F/A-18 Hornets on the flight-deck and a 5t-Rearm-Truck.

Afaik the most of this jobs are "hand-done" on a carrier ... like here:

0428krt4.jpg     030929navy-l.jpg

Any ideas? rock.gif

@Viriato

I have noticed (dpboing the nimitz) that the scripts are intended to function when the ship is called "Nimitz", but somehow (beta version, remember) there is some kind of error and a error message apears (divided by 0 stuff), so maybe some one can take a peek at the scripts and fix what is wrong so all the AA and the SAM´s works properly.

i havn't checked the scripts but maybe name your carrier and also the script insted of

[this] esec etc....

try

[Nimitz] exec etc....

if you name nimitz as your name

?

may work

Nope,

The scripts uses a wide cuantity of local variables, and a global variable (Nimitz)

The script is properly executed (the ship is assembled, the ship, as we see it in the editor is a patchwork of a lot of empty units and one manned unit), but there is some kind of error when it comes to create the units to get into the ship defenses (Avengers and Sea Sparrows).

The unit creation is tricky, and the scripts itself are quite intimidating, if someone with better scripting abilities than myself is able to take a look maybe he will be capable of fix the problem.

Regards.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_vehicle = _this select 0

_groupAA = group nimitz

_AAgun = "AAgun" createvehicle (getpos _vehicle)

_AAgun setdir (_kierunek+_agle-0.03)

_AAgun setPos [_nx,_ny,(getpos _vehicle select 2)+_h]

? (Count Units _groupAA > 0): "SoldierWCrew" createUnit [(getpos _AAgun),(_groupAA),"",1]

_guner = (Units _groupAA) Select (Count Units _groupAA - 1)

_guner moveingunner _AAgun

hmmmmmmmmm ..... whats wrong  rock.gif

Has anyone thought about the support-problem on a carrier? For example how to rearm or refuel a jet? I think it would look really strange if there are some F/A-18 Hornets on the flight-deck and a 5t-Rearm-Truck.

Afaik the most of this jobs are "hand-done" on a carrier ... like here:

http://www.latsi.com/latsipix/0428krt4.jpg     http://www.pacom.mil/imagery/archive/0309photos/030929navy-l.jpg

Any ideas? rock.gif

I made a suggestion to the Falklands team once to maybe code the dek of the carrier as such that when you are on it you have a refuel/repair option.This could be enchanced by a script that makes some AI come to the plane and do some stuff that looks like refuel/repair.

And since the Falklands carriers have lift's to the inside of the ship ,i propossed to reserve the repair option for when the plane is inside the ship.

I have not been able to find the error, but the error mesagge refers to gunner4 and gunner7 at least (maybe more, but of this two i am sure), and the kind of error is a o divided error.

If some one wants to reproduce the error he only had to put the carrier the name nimitz within editor.

Regards.

For formality [EC] is my clan sign, i spoke and write in inglish as you see (who will done all strings to addon?) and for all interested (first beta public is in transfer to serwer when i write this there will be demo mission and remaked F-14 (from IKAR) for all fans of this plane.

link is:

"http://landhell.fpp.pl/of/index.php?PAGE=down&FILE=hwk_uss_nimitz_beta.zip&DIR=ADD PL/HAWK"

YEH! Nimitz now packs a punch !

Found a solution, drop an officer, or yourself on the deck ... or anywhere, and name the man "nimitz"

8 defence crew are then correctly placed into the Nimitz missile and MG positions.

............ and now just realised what Trenchfeet meant, not the carrier anme, the mans name ! ..... lol

Cool .... now watch the MIG's run for cover! biggrin_o.gif