Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Uss nimitz by hawk & dasquade

new f14? how new? explain tounge_o.gif

fixed the gear a bit i think? he added afterburner and the cool "Fire" type affect seen on the F18 and orginaly on klinks A4

i hope hawk sees this. i have a bug to report. when using the carrier in multiplayer it works fine for so long.. but after loading the mission a few times. i get either A: 2 carriers one facing oppist dirrections yet overlaping each other or B: 1 carrier with the sections mismatched in different directions.

im running OFP 1.96 with ECP&GMR combined (both up to date) and my freind who experianced the exact same thing.. was running no mods at all. so it cant be ecp or gmr and clue on how to fix this? im assuming this happens cuz the carrier somehow is running twice (on both clients) mabe a way to make it run only cleintside or only server side? im assuming it has to do with the scripts that assemble it...

which by the way i want to commend you on a job DAMN well done by creating a script that assembles it all in one click without having to mess with it in the editor

I already reported this Pappy Boyington

For the experienced MP script people (not me!)

Would placing in mission a;

GAME LOGIC trigger called "LocalServerObject"

... and placing in the first Line of the carriers "build" script;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? !(Local LocalServerObject):Exit

.. work to stop multiple Nimitz's being created when run on a server ?

Dont have a server to test.

ALSO ... if Im not mistaken .... the new Download has the Turrets raised to the correct level.

That was a script change I thinks ..

I'm not an experienced scripter yet ,but i hve looked in on a few thing's to check on the number of carriers in game.

From what it seems you have to create an array ,then set the value of the array with the CounType command counting the number of nimitze's.Then declare and integer and use the count command to count the number of fields of the array.

This integer can now be used with the >1 to check if there are more than one nimitz.

Gonna try to code it ,but i won't prommise that i will succeed.

very crude and nooby coding produces this:

NimitzArray1 = "hawk_uss_nimitz" CountType nimitzArray

//object should give array as return value ,however not sure wich file to check for the arrayname that it returns

Nimitznumber = count NimitzArray1

nimitznumber > 1 : removevehicle //stringname of objcect?

Removevehicle i think needs a string of the name of the object to function i think ,so you would have to read the name in array position 2 into a declared string and use that to let the removevehicle command work.

And then to get it all in a nice line.  sad_o.gif

The method [APS]Gnat proposed is much simplier and it might actually work, but we definitely need someone experienced in MP scripting to take a look at it. Anybody?

The problem with multiple instances of the Nimitz in MP lies inside the \hwk_uss_Nimitz\scripts\build.sqs script and the fix is simple.

The why

build.sqs is run by the init event handler within the Nimitz addon. Since OFP 1.92, the init event is broadcast to all machines (a *very* good thing, thanks BIS). Therefore, the build.sqs script will be run on every machine in a MP session. Because of this, we have to alter build.sqs so that only the server will create the whole carrier from the base part. We do that by making sure build.sqs only continues to run if the carrier is local to a machine. (It will be local only to the server)

The how

This is how build.sqs looks right now:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_vehicle = _this select 0

;building ship model

(...more code follows...)

Just add one (two with the comment) line(s) to that, like so:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_vehicle = _this select 0

; Build the carrier only on one machine

?!local _vehicle: exit

;building ship model

(...more code ...)

That'll keep her from doing the old cloning dance biggrin_o.gif

Now, if CoC would only get their fixed(?) 1.1 version of the CoC Torpedos pack out so planes firing torpedos wont collide with the just fired torpedo, I'd be a happy puppy. wink_o.gif

Yep ... done all the mods, but only for myself of course.

FYI, theres a bunch more of "land", "land1" and "break" script references in the last release config file without the \uss_nimitz\scripts\ bit.

Hawk or ? really need to redo asap because Hawks last 6mb release is in worse shape that the original ag_smith found because of these new script error.

(remind self: beta .... remind self: beta ....)

OH ... biggrin_o.gif btw .... the MIG-attack-carrier tests may not be all that valid ..... I was testing one of Vit's MIG (flying it) against the carrier and the bullets were going straight through the body with no damage .... LOL

anyway the last question:  is it needed to looks like this on the next release?.............

The Download link to the larger file on Hawk's site for the Nimitz is M.I.A. now, any clue where else can I get the current 6.5 meg version of it?

The Download link to the larger file on Hawk's site for the Nimitz is M.I.A. now, any clue where else can I get the current 6.5 meg version of it?

yea from the USN pack im bout to re-upload with the fixed MP script and fixed AA script smile_o.gif

see this is what we really need, people willing to work together instead of some mods attitude of "we work alone only" or "we made it, nope you cant use it"

but this is how addons should be biggrin_o.gif

i got the pack reuploaded so yea if u want to download it again. then the fixed carrier is in it with the fixed MP and AA scripts. and ill add the fixed version of anything else yall fix

United States Naval pack 35.7megs

Latest Ver of the Nimitz, Modified AA and MP Scripts 2.16MB

both rar format

Txs for the corrected links smile_o.gif but the USN link works, but the nimitz link is dead as a dodo...

put it in the wrong folder. my bad. hang on a second  smile_o.gif

gonna reupload the carrier with the readme (i forgot to include that i applogise) the carrier link will NOT include the new F14 the USN-pack link however DOES include the new F14

i fixed the demo misison doo i put in a BAS pilot by accident.

i thank you for your patiance in waiting while i upload these

New Carrier Version Upload in 10 seconds from this post time

USN Pack Version 1.5 Reupload in 30 Minute from this post time

Second link just for the carrier now works now after it must have not been uploaded until now, at least for me.... rock.gif

Try the download link for the carrier only again Bonko....

Very nice carrier, best ship out there for OFP IMO. All we need now is some more nice USN aircraft and a set of Carrier Crew and Vehicles. smile_o.gif

Maybe some nice E2's and A6's.....