Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

shadows on big buildings is an engine limit...in a way, you must have selectedproperties (or something liek that) and in each LOD that has 300+ faces you must have "nolodshadow 1" (i think, cant remeber :P)

Wildo

I realy don't mean to be rude or ungrateful but my brother has just got an x box, halo 1 and 2 and is taunting the shit outta me with it, any idea of a release date?

Fantastic work chief

SH

hey horror, the same thing is happening with me! my bro just got halo 2 with an xbox, i too have actually played a little bit of it with him, a release date would be great

I`d rather want to know if theres any progress? wink_o.gif

okay, just a little update. I've got the animated wings on the pelican working perfectly on each one in a mission (before the scripts only worked on one). I've been doing some scripting lately and I am thinking up new stuff, like how to configure a building as a soldier class unit so it can use .rtm animations yet still keep the general properties of a building. Another thing that I have been working on is Forerunner buildings (aka the structures that are on Halo) I'm making all new ones from scratch so it takes longer than simply importing them. I've also being thinking about mission ideas, and kind of making a few structures that would fit in with those missions. I've been thinking about adding a few Halo 2 features that I liked, such as a turret on the Pelican, a guided version of the rocket launcher and grunts driving ghosts. But I'm not sure as I want this to be a Halo 1 mod.

I am thinking up new stuff, like how to configure a building as a soldier class unit so it can use .rtm animations yet still keep the general properties of a building.

Please tell me if you are able to get rid of the blood coming out of the building when shooting at it. I did a similar thing with a part of a vehicle as experiment, it worked wonderfully, the only bad thing about it was that you saw blood when you shot at it (as with soldiers)

biggrin_o.gif nice to see your still at hard work Master_Chief , tounge_o.gif erm any change of screens(sz for asking for them but i love to see your work )

tounge_o.gif

release date?

when its done will be the best answer to that smile_o.gif

Please tell me if you are able to get rid of the blood coming out of the building when shooting at it

Well I had changed the effects in the main config to remove the blood from all soldiers because the aliens all have different blood colors. I re-added the blood through scripting on each unit, so my building wouldn't show blood anyways. I don't think it would be possible to remove the blood any other way sad_o.gif

Hey Master_Chief, check PMs smile_o.gif

Hope I can be of help smile_o.gif

Please tell me if you are able to get rid of the blood coming out of the building when shooting at it

Well I had changed the effects in the main config to remove the blood from all soldiers because the aliens all have different blood colors. I re-added the blood through scripting on each unit, so my building wouldn't show blood anyways. I don't think it would be possible to remove the blood any other way sad_o.gif

Ah, thanks for the info. Seems like I won't be able to do that, since I wouldn't make a new config only because of this.

/dance

Master chief, you are my hero! biggrin_o.gif

really, just look at all the groundbreaking work coming from sci-fi mods... the train is getting allot of attention, but the multilayer water / gravity gun / gunlight / amazing scripts of sci-fi mods just get overlooked or ignored!!

unfair me tells! mad_o.gif

rock.gif how do u import models from pc games

copy the game's .exe file to a folder and pbo it, put it in you res\addons folder. Then cover your monitor with spagetti sauce and smear your arms and legs with ground beef while humming the Halo theme music. Next put a fish on your left shoulder and a walnut on your other left shoulder, then spin around until you vomit blood and then eat the skin off the back of your left hand. That should work.

wwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa

[ig]http://www.kamodder.com/~minbari_capt/mcfun01.jpg[/img]

my brain is broken crazy_o.gif

i dont get it , the games exe? like its shortcut or w/e? can u use "makepbo" to import?

Alright suppose i want some Combine Soldiers from half life 2 ... how do i import them? and maybe since im a noob and i cant can someone do it for me? i will pay you back in any virtual way possible smile_o.gif

The real way to import a model from a different game is to learn how to extract models from the game first. Go to their forums and find the tools and techniques to get the model and textures into 3ds max 3. Once you've done that, load the 3ds file of the model into Oxygen and do all the things that it takes to get a model working in game, like named selections, memory points, geometery lods, different visual detail lods and stuff like that. Then make a config.cpp and put it in game. If you can't do any of this stuff then you are screwed.

i am seriously screwed cuz i have no modeling experience

pleeeeeeeeease !

.... o wait , thats easy! im gunna convert some hl2 to some ofp , fun rock.gif

i am seriously screwed cuz i have no modeling experience

pleeeeeeeeease !

looks like you have some reading to do biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

r there any tutorials? like step by step? cuz last model i made was supposed to be an apache , it turned out to be a vulcan sad_o.gif

Try making a vulcan....it might turn out to be a apache. J/k smile_o.gif

Brsseb tutorials here. Hope that's what your looking for. rock.gif

Edit: You could of just searched on ofp.info. You would of saved me about 1 min and you would of saved your self a few hours. wink_o.gif

Hey guys. xmas_o.gif

I've managed to import models/textures/sounds from Halo PC. blues.gif

All models are untextured so I took an hour and mapped this shotty up.

Watcha think? smile_o.gif

haloshotgun7vi.jpgblues.gif

Nice. Let's kill something/somebody with that.

hahahahahahahahaa ghostface.gif

That was a joke...But really nice gun.