Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

I had the same thing happen to me once, but luckly for me I went up to a comp repair shop (knew the owner) and the y fixed it up good as new...

Then i brought a bigger hard drive and backed everything up on about 15 DVD's biggrin_o.gif

I suppose if you cant sort it, try a comp repair place, but go for one of the littler guys as they seems ALOT better than big compnaies.

p.s. Jarf, lol, funny but that music can become incrediably annoying when typing a reply, but i like it!

it is kind of easy if you know some basic BIOS control

first dont connect the old HD so fast,

make sure that your new HD in your new computer is set to be C: and be sure it is the primary boot drive (as the boot sencor is almost for sure in C:), install windows in it (doesnt matter if you using XP/2000)

now you can connect the old one back (it is better to connect it by a different IDE cable), there should be a good chance that the old HD drive is now under new letter

not yet. I'm going to take it down to the comp shop and get the hard drives swapped. One thing that I was working on before the crash was a waterfall that works like the one in the second level. It doesn't use any setobjecttexture stuff or dropped particles. I'm also close to finding a way of making ocean waves like the ones from Silent Cartographer that use a simular techique.

not yet. I'm going to take it down to the comp shop and get the hard drives swapped. One thing that I was working on before the crash was a waterfall that works like the one in the second level. It doesn't use any setobjecttexture stuff or dropped particles. I'm also close to finding a way of making ocean waves like the ones from Silent Cartographer that use a simular techique.

Wow that sounds wonderfull

OFP was and still is missing allot on the water...

Hope you got it all running soon pall good luck with it

Regards

Marcel

I know this is off topic but marss did i see an updated higgens a while back of am i imagining things?

Could be.

Marcel donated it to WWIIEC I believe, but only the first LOd was " updated" , meaning that if you get too far away you will see the old higgins again...

Also, MC, any updates on the comp. repair / recovery? crazy_o.gif

another non-update smile_o.gif My old computer is in the shop getting fixed (hopefully) and I've been getting used to my new computer. One major problem I have is that my ofp now has the alt-tab bug, so I have to find a solution to that. I've also been tweaking my dxdll to get it just the way I like it and I've been playing the csla mod. Its fun but there are not nearly enough cyborgs in the missions. Anyways, I should get my old computer back tomorrow, so I will let you guys know how it goes.

check out my uber 733t desktop:

My desktop - 109kb

Aw man dude that sucks... I really hope you get the mod back and continue on this. Anyway, whered you get that theme smile_o.gif ?

good news! I got almost everything back from my old hard drive. The only thing I lost was the hunter model and the rocket launcher, but those can be easily replaced. I couldn't find the map I was working on or the structures that I had made, but those too can be rebuilt.

glad to hear that MC,

need any help on anims/models?

Wildo

Hey Chief, can we get an update?  I'm sorry to bump this thread, but I would think it's a very important thread, so hell why not.

I am really looking forward to this, if you are unable to finish the work, I suggest releasing it anyway, there are tons of people who would love to finish where you left off.

Edit sorry, I just read your post a few pages back.

Sorry for asking about it, I know it gets somewhat constant "updates, hey we got pics? any updates? hello? whats going on hey?" and may get annoying. But there is reason behind it.

To be honest, and perfectly honest, the mods coming out lately bore me to death.  What once was my favorite game is now sulking into nothing.  Making missions has no more depth because all we can do now is drive vehicles and shoot stuff with the same old modern military mumbo jumbo.  Hey! A new vehicle! Awsome!  

I think OFP is entering a realm where mods like these are our only hopes of survival until OFP2.  Which hopefully will bring more people, which will bring more sci-fi insipired mods through the gates of Operation Flashpoint.

This Halo mod is going to be a whole new game in itself.  I would expect as many update requests as the FDF mod, if not more.  I could swear these addons look exactly like Halo, if not better.  I am eager to see this mod completed more than any other mod, if not everybody.

I really hope for the best of this mod.  I would LOVE to be able to play a CTI version of Halo with my squad mates, this is what will keep me coming back to OFP.  We simply need more mods like this, and it's a damn shame the Star Wars mod a few years ago had fell.  But it's a good thing a new one started up.

I know you are taking your time, and working your ass off, but to be honest Master Chief, you are my last resort for me to come back to Operation Flashpoint and play as much as I have so many years ago.  I would imagine this is the same for everybody.

Also, I request this thread be made a *sticky*. This is a very important mod.

another non-update smile_o.gif My old computer is in the shop getting fixed (hopefully) and I've been getting used to my new computer. One major problem I have is that my ofp now has the alt-tab bug, so I have to find a solution to that.

I've had that alt-tab problem before. Try messing with your resolution in OFP. Make sure it is not the same as your desktop. This fixed a similar problem with my system.

I am really looking forward to this, if you are unable to finish the work, I suggest releasing it anyway, there are tons of people who would love to finish where you left off.

*claps* ! biggrin_o.gif

Since everybody who asked for a update nearly got a knife in his back people just dont ask anymore, this doesn't mean there is no intrest though...

We're not asking for twendy pics per day, we just want to hear what you're planning, what you've been doing, what the problems are, etc.

Like Specop said: if you cannot finish the stuff (making 160+ animations ain't easy I presume) just release the things as open source, If the banshee and warthog are done, release those?! FDF mod also started with just vehicles and units, but they also turned into a full blown mod!

I dont know if you're an AI scripter, but I believe some people on these boards could make the covernant tank work just like in Halo! wink_o.gif

not to mention all we have is a darn forum thread to find updates... you know if you need a website for this I can hook ya up.

I really can't wait for the release.. I've got a few ideas for missions with you playing one of the Marines. As soon as you release this great work, I'll set to work..