Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

First imported model from pc halo

I remember asking if he needed the multi color spartan suit textures, no response

Marcel, if you can get in contact with him, could you tell them that there still is a community out there that is intrested in his work? he doesn't have to finish it, but he has gotten this far, letting somebody else do it all over again would be plain stupid.

I'll also see if I can contact Cribban, he worked with him too, you never know... smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

So whats happened here exactly? I followed this topic for a while and then now i see it seems to have...died?

Or is he just too busy and you guys have become over dramatic?

afaik mc said sth abouta hd crash..

dont say its dead when u dont know...

last post by him in this thread was on Feb. 09 2005.

last post on other threads on mar. 29 2005

hmm strange, perhaps he lost the fun to work on his project.

crazy_o.gif

afaik mc said sth abouta hd crash..

dont say its dead when u dont know...

good news! I got almost everything back from my old hard drive. The only thing I lost was the hunter model and the rocket launcher, but those can be easily replaced. I couldn't find the map I was working on or the structures that I had made, but those too can be rebuilt.

I know! mad_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

so... let's hunt him down and make him say some words we will all like!

thatll be??

MC: uhm uhm everythigns fine im buisy....

sheesh..

he isnt very talkative isnt he :P

thatll be?? "MC: uhm uhm everythigns fine im buisy...."?

sheesh, he isnt very talkative is he :P

I spoke to Marcel, he says that MC hasn't been online for a "very long time" now. this proves little good...

Shame really, all that dev work gone to waste. It was one of the mods i was looking foward to playing this year aswell.

Maybe a mod should lock down the topic till MC gets back, due to impaitant folks constantly bumping the board. Guys got a life and working mostly alone..

..more reason to open-source the stuff, nein?

Or at the very least let someone help..

- Ben

His mod he does as he wishes, seeing stuff that gets open sourced rarely gets completed, enough broken incompleted crap floating around in the comunity. I be more suprized Bungey didn't grab him, or MSN gaged him for touching thier Halo projects.

A topic gets locked either by the author's request, or when things go out of hand, seeing 63 pages here I dont think allot of people will like a mod like this to die out even more.

when MC gives us a word we will know what we can and cannot expect. untill then.... we can only guess.

Well people I havent seen MC for awhile now, but remember that the dude has his own life to atend to before he can work on this mod. I know that you want this mod out but you will have to wait awhile longer, go play with the other relesed mods, campagins missions etc, since I cant imagine you have played them all yet wink_o.gif Someone wanted to continue MC's work, my question is why? im pretty sure he aint dead, and I wont send anything of MC's work since he put such great deal of work into this.

After a small chat with Cribban he has decided to send en email to Master Chief explaining the situation and asking for an anwer. the contents of the email is unknown, but Cribban will do his best to get the production going again.

Let's hope for the best! Go cribban! you're our only hope! biggrin_o.gif

...a thought.. MasterCheif multiplayer tested these addons (There video of MP test somewhere 40 odd pages ago :P), so who ever he tested them with must have the addons, otherwise they couldn't have played..

- Ben

i am mainly interested in the transparent water, i'd love to know how he has done it wink_o.gif

Well the OWP transparent water is a good start.. But it seems like it uses a few layers of water, each transparent, so the more you look though, the harder to see it becomes.

If the OWP's water replaces the water object, this is easy enough, but maybe a script that sees if an area is below water height, if so make the murky-water object?

Anyway, let's hope it's not dead and stop trying to steal his techniques, eh? :P

- Ben

i tested the owp water pretty hard, i could give the author many issues about his water, but first i don't know how to contact him and second i don't know if he' understand me then

Try making an object like this (From side) ::

-------------

-------------

-------------

etc

And from top, it'll look like a box :P

And each line say a 20% trasnparent, brown or blue tinted texture on it, the place that under OWP's transparent water, see if that's what you want

- Ben

@dbr_onix: exactly what I had done in this pic smile_o.gif

Edit: With the original water textures, that is (to be reflecting)

trans_water.jpg