Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Zombie_Mod unless my eyes are failing me one of the images on the website you linked to shows a topless woman, perhaps you can find a resource that is more in keeping with forum policy smile_o.gif

At the right time and in the right place there's nothing wrong with a topless woman, however as there are a vast amount of members on this forum who are technically "children", we must insist on a certain level of appropriate content, of which a topless woman is not appropriate.

Location has no relevance on deciding what's appropriate and what isn't, but if you take the 2.034 seconds necessary to view my profile you will see that I'm not in the US and indeed not from the US either.

If you want to see Tarman then I think you will find Google.com fairly effective wink_o.gif

As far as zombies go, Bub is my favorite!  biggrin_o.gif

well, i also want that freaky proffesor guy! tounge_o.gif

At the right time and in the right place there's nothing wrong with a topless woman, however as there are a vast amount of members on this forum who are technically "children", we must insist on a certain level of appropriate content, of which a topless woman is not appropriate.

Location has no relevance on deciding what's appropriate and what isn't, but if you take the 2.034 seconds necessary to view my profile you will see that I'm not in the US and indeed not from the US either.

If you want to see Tarman then I think you will find Google.com fairly effective  wink_o.gif

Point taken. Thanks for removing the link Placebo smile_o.gif

I hope no under-18s are playing the zombie mod though. I'm serious! I'm going to make it even freakier than before.

a) The zombies faces are from real cadavers (and some are even now!)

b) I'll be making the mod even bloodier

c) The sound FX pack swears like a trooper!

tounge_o.gif

i have 2 words. walking anim improved. i mean cmon man make em walk like real zombies. you have done a very good job on the mod, but i think if they could walk better, it would be the graetest mod ever lol

god i am so rude

i have 2 words. walking anim improved. i mean cmon man make em walk like real zombies. you have done a very good job on the mod, but i think if they could walk better, it would be the graetest mod ever lol

god i am so rude

No sir, I totally understand!!

if my animating skills were not so shit, I would have those zombies shambling everywhere. I admit, my OfpAnim anims are complete piss!

Ofp Hunters' (HUNT 666) anims were cool but they just didn't fit what I was after. No slight on him - he's cool and doing fantastic stuff in OFP elsewhere.

I issue this rallying cry to animators everywhere: HELP the zombie mod, make some eating/ shambling animations and lets get the Romero universe realised. EVERYONE loves zombies!! Don't you want 1000 zombies vs 10 soldier scenarios?

Mig and I aren't noobs - trust us!!! We always finish what we promise. We still need help though.

wow ive never been called sir, im only like 13, but i understand and i willl try to look for some animators for u guys , i think i know one guy that might be interested. i am gonna go message him now.

Well, since the new zombie mod update is so close I guess I'll leave it a little while before I release my zombie campaign (which I only just finished today). I'm sorry that it took a little longer than expected, I had to tweak and switch things around all month. But really, now I !really! need some people to volunteer for voices in my zombie campaign, please! If you could see me I'd probably be on my knees. sad_o.gif

Just so anyone who is thinking of participating knows, they will not be receiving any profit. It is merely a volunteer situation.

For those wondering about my campaign I will be including 5 new soundtracks in it, featuring Muse, Slipknot and Marilyn Manson also including around 15 minutes of cutscenes. wink_o.gif Can't wait to see the new dead dudes zombie mod!

Well, since the new zombie mod update is so close I guess I'll leave it a little while before I release my zombie campaign (which I only just finished today). I'm sorry that it took a little longer than expected, I had to tweak and switch things around all month. But really, now I !really! need some people to volunteer for voices in my zombie campaign, please! If you could see me I'd probably be on my knees. sad_o.gif

Just so anyone who is thinking of participating knows, they will not be receiving any profit. It is merely a volunteer situation.

For those wondering about my campaign I will be including 5 new soundtracks in it, featuring Muse, Slipknot and Marilyn Manson also including around 15 minutes of cutscenes. wink_o.gif Can't wait to see the new dead dudes zombie mod!

Yes, RELEASE THE CAMPAIGN!!! lol

I will volunteer to do some voices, if you want any Scottish mid-30's accents in there!!!

You can release the campain now and release a new version after the new Zombie Mod comes up. Meanwile we can help you with voices and other stuff you need smile_o.gif

WHATS COMING IN THE NEXT ZOMBIE MOD

1) New zombies - you thought the previous ones were ugly? Wait til you see these badasses!!! Also I have changed the mass of the zombies so that when you drive your car into them, you damage the car, as would happen in real life. Remember, dead people = dead weight = through the windscreen = you're dead.

2) Updated AI to really scare the player

3) Brains! LIVE BRAINS!!! ;)

4) Bug fixes. AI will no longer target player if he shoots a zombie that has resurrected itself after being "downed"

And that's only the work from me!

Mig is doing some zombie stuff too...

F*** F*** F*** i messaged my freind......... unfortunately he doesnt know any good animators, im very very sorry. i will keep lookin on my spare time i guess. i could try to do voices for you if you want some like scary zombie sounds or something, hell i have nothing else better to do.

just tell me what you want me to do and if it is ok if they are in like wave format? and what the other things have to be. like 44,100 kbps or whatever that is.

Sounds friggin great, especially the updated AI. Bet a squad of marines won't be able to hold off a banzai of the undead anymore. :P

Any chance of a simplifyed script, akin to the vampires "Initialize undead"?

I know its been mentioned simply placing a Gamelogic object of the difficulty with its name being SERVER, doesnt do it.

Also, this has probably been asked before. smile_o.gif

gblAllTargets = [Player]. I could do gblAllTargets = [West], and have the array make all west units targets of zombies, right?

Wow, that new zombie thing sounds great! I'm sorry but I think I will leave it until the new zombie mod comes out because you have to drive a bus around for like 3 missions trying to evacuate the island by getting as many people as possible while things are going horribly horribly wrong. So that new zombie damage to the cars thing would be great for it.

Also on the topic of this campaign, my operation flashpoint beta has really screwed up. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the new 1.1 version of the Marine assault pack I downloaded because none of the scripts work, and it has stuff coming up about it. But just in case it IS a virus I won't release it just yet. I don't wanna be sued! mad_o.gif  I hope you all understand. Sorry. sad_o.gif

But anyway, about the voices, It's pretty much your choice whether you want to do the voices so just email me at my e-mail address or to my messenger. I'll send you list of voices back and you can choose which voices you want to do. wink_o.gif It's nice to see some people volunteering! Thanks a lot! smile_o.gif

Here are some pics:

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/3430/Pic25.jpg

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/3645/Pic7.jpg

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/7348/Pic6.jpg

http://img87.exs.cx/img87/3514/Pic26.jpg

Sounds friggin great, especially the updated AI. Bet a squad of marines won't be able to hold off a banzai of the undead anymore. :P

Any chance of a simplifyed script, akin to the vampires "Initialize undead"?

I know its been mentioned simply placing a Gamelogic object of the difficulty with its name being SERVER, doesnt do it.

Also, this has probably been asked before. smile_o.gif

gblAllTargets = [Player]. I could do gblAllTargets = [West], and have the array make all west units targets of zombies, right?

There's a zombie question & Answer page in mission editing and scripting. Use that to ask questions smile_o.gif

Bet a squad of marines won't be able to hold off a banzai of the undead anymore. :P

I bet a certain USMC squad could. We'd start by using the Irishman as a distraction (then I'll give him all those bullets he's earnt himself in the past few days) then just hammer away with 249's, 203's, a few satchels, some HE SMAWs. To finish them off we'll let one of our 'pilots' grab a UH-60 which he'll crash into them after being 'shot down' by non-exsistant AA. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the new 1.1 version of the Marine assault pack

Stick with v1.0, its the offical version. Your v1.1's just a config hack that adds things you could do yourself in the mission editor except for the desert medic which can be fixed with a small file.

Bet a squad of marines won't be able to hold off a banzai of the undead anymore. :P

I bet a certain USMC squad could. We'd start by using the Irishman as a distraction (then I'll give him all those bullets he's earnt himself in the past few days) then just hammer away with 249's, 203's, a few satchels, some HE SMAWs. To finish them off we'll let one of our 'pilots' grab a UH-60 which he'll crash into them after being 'shot down' by non-exsistant AA. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the new 1.1 version of the Marine assault pack

Stick with v1.0, its the offical version. Your v1.1's just a config hack that adds things you could do yourself in the mission editor except for the desert medic which can be fixed with a small file.

I'll bet you the zombies in the new zombie mod rips the USMC a new one!!!

It'll be head shots only, you won't have TIME to pick and choose your shots - it'll be like Dawn '04.

Still perfecting the AI.. I want these zombies to chase you around the place!

Thanks for the tip Munk cause some of this is really getting out of hand. Look at the picture below because of what that usmc pack did to it! It looks like a frikkin' picasso!

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/7210/Strange.jpg

looks more like ur 3d card is overheating...  wink_o.gif

you sure about that?

that would explain allot... smile_o.gif

say... what about a "crawl over ceiling animation? where they can drop and fall ( physics) to the ground, then they attack...

would be nice for on buildings (suddenly from the mist that thing crawls down a 8 flr building) and jumps down the last few metres... aah... biggrin_o.gif

only question is... how would it look from diffrent heights?