Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

will be there also a chainsaw in the mod later?  tounge_o.gif For killing the zombies, its a must, hehe. MAybe its not so hard to do and script...

keep up the amazing work, Scott

the texas chainsaw massacre!  tounge_o.gif

...and don't forget Kegety's useful tools when dealing with the undead:

tool time!

There's loads of mission ideas for the zombie mod!

What about defending a city from hordes of zombies? Just get philcommando's city pack and place a load of respawning zombies, and bob's your uncle!!! Make the game at night so its more difficult, see how you get on.

Or a Dawn of the dead 2004 mission: you start in a military compound and have to make it to an island...

Or a "hold the fort mission" where military men and civilians have to defend against zombies.

There are literally thousands of missions possible! And with new zombies to come, they'll be more challenging than before.

There's loads of mission ideas for the zombie mod!

What about defending a city from hordes of zombies? Just get philcommando's city pack and place a load of respawning zombies, and bob's your uncle!!! Make the game at night so its more difficult, see how you get on.

Or a Dawn of the dead 2004 mission: you start in a military compound and have to make it to an island...  

Or a "hold the fort mission" where military men and civilians have to defend against zombies.

There are literally thousands of missions possible! And with new zombies to come, they'll be more challenging than before.

zombies really need to be faster, all defending missions are too easy cuz u sprint for a while, look back, shoot a few, sprint, shoot, sprint, shoot etc... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Or a Dawn of the dead 2004 mission: you start in a military compound and have to make it to an island...

already working on something like that, cant be arsed to finish it... (alot of work with triggers and stuff all over the island...)

if u use the same scripts it will be easy eaven if they run faster. cuz if you run away the zombie will go were u stood some seconds ago. then they will wait there some seconds before they get a new "move" command. would it be possible to do like this?

the zombies do automatecly execute a dowatch command command. and they allways move the direction they're facing. the glballtargets = [] could activate a script that makes the zombies do the handhit anim and make a dammage when they're closer than 1 meter away. and if the target is getting away more than a meter it would activate the the dowatch script.

don't know if it's possible. ofp has a very bad engine.

if u use the same scripts it will be easy eaven if they run faster. cuz if you run away the zombie will go were u stood some seconds ago. then they will wait there some seconds before they get a new "move" command. would it be possible to do like this?

the zombies do automatecly execute a dowatch command command. and they allways move the direction they're facing. the glballtargets = [] could activate a script that makes the zombies do the handhit anim and make a dammage when they're closer than 1 meter away. and if the target is getting away more than a meter it would activate the the dowatch script.

don't know if it's possible. ofp has a very bad engine.

Anything is possible in the scripting.

As for speeding up the zombies, yes I could do that - in fact I have discussed that with General Barron and MiG. I want them to run slightly faster than the humans, but this will increase the game difficulty level HUGELY.

but this will increase the game difficulty level HUGELY.

thats why its more fun!

imagine, u and to guys are to your last mag, running as hell to a car followed by 35 zombies, your can get in, but your mates are half eaten, do you wait for them, or leave?  wink_o.gif

(until now it was, just sprint, getin the car, and drive over them.... tounge_o.gif )

EDIT: wich was fun, but getting boring after a while wink_o.gif

they have to be faster. or u will just run, shoot, run, shoot and so on and so on

they have to be faster. or u will just run, shoot, run, shoot and so on and so on

Yes, but what would you do in real life? You'd run, shoot etc.

See, the problem is that the zombies can be killed with body shots, and that's just not on.

Therefore, with the next zombie mod the new zombies will only be "kill-able" by head shots.

Also, we have adjusted the mass of the zombies so they damage cars. Please click on farmland sig, and then go to our offtopic forum to see why.

Better than that Scott. With the new mass settings the car even if moves very fast can not drag the zombie with him and get real dammaged smile_o.gif

Yes, but what would you do in real life? You'd run, shoot etc.

See, the problem is that the zombies can be killed with body shots, and that's just not on.

Therefore, with the next zombie mod the new zombies will only be "kill-able" by head shots.

Also, we have adjusted the mass of the zombies so they damage cars. Please click on farmland sig, and then go to our offtopic forum to see why.

but then u will : run, shot head shots, run, shot head shots , run, shot head shots, run, shot head shots, run, shot head shots. and u will save ammo. if the zombies are faster u can't run, shot. they will catch up witch you.

never dies on body shots? what if I shot five machine gun mags in a zombie. then he should die. if he not dies it's unrealistic.

what the hell's realistic with zombies?

Zombies: If you shoot them in the head, they will die. If you shoot them in the body, they shouldn't. I stick to the rules of George A Romero and so far it's worked fine.

We wouldn't be discussing how easy the zombies were to dodge, were it not for the fact that, in OFP, humans can run ALL THE TIME, never needing to pause for breath.

That is a problem that the mission writer will have to address.

A clever mission writer could address the following, to compensate for the fact the zombies are slow (they are dead, after all)

How hunger is modelled "in-game" ? If you have a large party of people and you can't feed them, what do you do?

Thirst?

Lack of sleep?

i think the zombie should have much more heavy armor on the body, but if you pierce it with a loads of MG bullets, it should be killed...

anyway, here is the slightly modified chainsaw. The original creator is Vosku.

I increased the damage to the level i feel it OK and i have adden a new sound for the running blade. This addon will need more work, as anims and scripts (f.ex. to stop the chainsaw blade sound when you are killed), but as a base is OK. Unfortunatelly, I couldnt do more, I dont know oxygen stuff much, im a mission maker a configger. As it is not my addon, and there is no email at original author, feel free to make it better, i think Vosku wouldnt object.

There is also a simple test mission, check it out.

Have FUN !  

www.sengir-upload.wz.cz/Chainsaw.rar

i think the zombie should have much more heavy armor on the body, but if you pierce it with a loads of MG bullets, it should be killed...

anyway, here is the slightly modified chainsaw. The original creator is Vosku.

I increased the damage to the level i feel it OK and i have adden a new sound for the running blade. This addon will need more work, as anims and scripts (f.ex. to stop the chainsaw blade sound when you are killed), but as a base is OK. Unfortunatelly, I couldnt do more, I dont know oxygen stuff much, im a mission maker a configger. As it is not my addon, and there is no email at original author, feel free to make it better, i think Vosku wouldnt object.

There is also a simple test mission, check it out.

Have FUN !  

www.sengir-upload.wz.cz/Chainsaw.rar

I need to get some sound FX from the evil dead into my next sound pack m8!

"GROOVY!"

"Shop smart, shop S-MART!!!"

"This is my... BOOMSTICK!!!" lol

lol, it would be cool also to get some sounds of gory chainsaw attacks and blood and chunks flying smile_o.gif

MiG promised to try to do something with the chainsaw, maybe you could contribute your great scripting skills to enhance the chainsaw too.

lol, it would be cool also to get some sounds of gory chainsaw attacks and blood and chunks flying smile_o.gif

MiG promised to try to do something with the chainsaw, maybe you could contribute your great scripting skills to enhance the chainsaw too.

Mig and I chat daily biggrin_o.gif

I probably should use my skills to fix some bugs in the zombie mod before doing anything else smile_o.gif

PS: to all: if you want to speak to Mig and I about future projects, and shape both farmland and zombie mods, register with the farmland page at the bottom of my sig (Vampire, I see you already have!! lol)

Of course, I will still be on here to answer all zombie related questions and post news!!!

Hey everyone,

I love zombie movies, I love OFP so I made a small thing which can be used in this Zombie Mod (it's my small brick for this project). You can see it on the screenshots. If you saw "Return Of The Living Dead" first screen will tell you everything ;) Please, tell me what do you think about this small addon.

NOTE: Beta version, a lot to repair ;)

Links to screenshots:

Screen One

Screen Two

Screen Three

Hey everyone,

I love zombie movies, I love OFP so I made a small thing which can be used in this Zombie Mod (it's my small brick for this project). You can see it on the screenshots. If you saw "Return Of The Living Dead" first screen will tell you everything ;) Please, tell me what do you think about this small addon.

NOTE: Beta version, a lot to repair ;)

Links to screenshots:

Screen One

Screen Two

Screen Three

ROTFL!!!!!!

Excellent work!!!!

Oh man, that could easily be the coolest zombie mod "empty" unit I've seen so far!!!

It will tie in nicely with the upcoming work too!

This mod is going places... smile_o.gif

very nice shopping mall! As was mentioned there i agree that some plants and a caffe place would be nice to have inside the mall, also if possible stairs that the a.i can use tounge_o.gif

hahah i haven't seen the dawn of the dead new movie but that "barrel" thingy will add to the crazy atmosphere im sure about that biggrin_o.gif

Thanks ;)

Today night I will make more versions of containers: lying-closed, open-without body, lying open-without body, I will make also 5T Truck (covered) with some closed containers in cargo (you can see it in second part of ROTLD). I will add some more textures to them, and I will make some cosmetic changes in model. Now the question: maybe this containers can be attached to next Zombie Mod release? And maybe can I make some more stuff for this mod (for example: some static objects like tombstones, cars damaged by zombies, TV (with emergency screen - from NOTLD), bloody corpses, characters of Ben, Cooper (NOTLD), Peter, Steven, Roger (original DOTD))? I can help and I would like to help smile_o.gif

ROFL, lol I didn't checked the third Screenshot until now, I thought it was just a barrel but this is simply a amazing addon lol. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks ;)

Today night I will make more versions of containers: lying-closed, open-without body, lying open-without body, I will make also 5T Truck (covered) with some closed containers in cargo (you can see it in second part of ROTLD). I will add some more textures to them, and I will make some cosmetic changes in model. Now the question: maybe this containers can be attached to next Zombie Mod release? And maybe  can I make some more stuff for this mod (for example: some static objects like tombstones, cars damaged by zombies, TV (with emergency screen - from NOTLD), bloody corpses, characters of Ben, Cooper (NOTLD), Peter, Steven, Roger (original DOTD))? I can help and I would like to help smile_o.gif

I think Zombie_Mod will be very glad of heard that, Grabarz^^ smile_o.gif Your work has great potencial and all zombie related issues are welcome wink_o.gif