Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

say...  what about a "crawl over ceiling animation? where they can drop and fall ( physics) to the ground, then they attack...

would be nice for on buildings (suddenly from the mist that thing crawls down a 8 flr building) and jumps down the last few metres...  aah...  biggrin_o.gif

only question is...  how would it look from diffrent heights?

impossible to make it look good  sad_o.gif

EDIT: it was a nice video btw!

eer, i hope u use the createunit command for the large number of zombies.... rock.gif

]movie hehe

I love this movie, man! Perfect promotional material for the existing zombie mod.

Would you believe the author is very young too? I won't say how young though smile_o.gif

Great work... someone sign this guy up for more promo stuff!! (No, he isn't a relative lol)

I'm not the only one who thinks the movie was cool...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/cgi....m=43978

Anyway, am looking forward to seeing Mig's zombie stuff come out, and the day of the dead campaign (release it Tony, damn you lol!) - oh, and Berghoff's Doomsday.

My observation of the day:

This time next year we'll all have 4Ghz PCs, and will be able to run 1000 zombies at once - something to look forward to!!! biggrin_o.gif

This time next year we'll all have 4Ghz PCs, and will be able to run 1000 zombies at once - something to look forward to!!! biggrin_o.gif

this addweapon "laserguidedbomblauncher" time sad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

btw my guess is he's 9 biggrin_o.gif

Hey Gen, i just saw the video you have made and i must say that you are quite talented and you must keep working on that. There is only one small error: That zombie pack was made only for Scott, i have no credits to colect on it biggrin_o.gif  

Do you want to make another one for Farmland Horror pack when it gets ready?

Great work guys , I can't wait for all this to finally be released.

If you guys need some music I would recomend a few songs by the artist NOCT His song Cirque_des_Vampires is a spooky one. You'll find alot of spooky Ambient music crops up right about this time of year smile_o.gif

There is only one small error: That zombie pack was made only for Scott, i have no credits to colect on it biggrin_o.gif  

you know Scott told me to put YOU in the credits. so it's not my fault.

*edit

yeah I could make an another movie

There is only one small error: That zombie pack was made only for Scott, i have no credits to colect on it biggrin_o.gif  

you know Scott told me to put YOU in the credits. so it's not my fault.

*edit

yeah I could make an another movie

Yeah Mig, I told General to put you in the credits, as you are working on zombies and stuff too. Only fair, the zombie mod is a team effort now.

Anyway - can we keep this on topic smile_o.gif

ZOMBIE MOD NEWS

In the past week I created 3 zombies. One looks suspiciously like a dead Guba, and there's a dead coloured guy. They currently use BIS textures for clothing but thats no problem. I will probably change that.

I might take an arm off one of the models, get a bit more variety in.

I am considering using a custom run animation to make zombies that run *slightly* faster than normal humans, so they are hard to escape. I am really pissed off that humans can run from one end of the island to the other without tiring, so I compensated this way.

This'll all be after Mig's bat is done.

Talking of Mig:

Mig has found out how to make the AI aim for head shots and gave me a .P3D model showing how. This has DRAMATIC implications for the zombie mod - the difficulty level would be "realistic" let's say. No more mad rampages with M60s into crowds of undead!

Quote[/b] ]I might take an arm off one of the models, get a bit more variety in.

That would make for a realistic Shaun Of The Dead Campaign...

"He's got an arm off!" - add it to the sound pack tounge_o.gif

I might take an arm off one of the models, get a bit more variety in.

well damnit.... now you expect us to shoot unarmed dead people? it was bad enough when they were armed but shooting unarmed zombie civilians is jsut unethical and immoral tounge_o.gif

and who said anything bout m60 rampages? a 12ga shotgun does quite nicely if i do say so myself, and i jsut did biggrin_o.gif

An undead Guba! omg:-

"Resistance II, The Return of Guba"

'a mad scientist has been working on a secret reanimation project for the highest bidder. The 'Potion' is air dispersed over Nogova as a field trial.'

and ACTION!!!......

1 problem with the zombies. somehow they are always facing north. I tried with setdir 90 but they're still facing north.

1 problem with the zombies. somehow they are always facing north. I tried with setdir 90 but they're still facing north.

u mean when the mission starts or when playing?

(lol, aaaarh, the return of the backwards walking zombies! tounge_o.gif )

Never noticed that, i'll check...

see i still think that making them only get up like a maximum of 2 or 3 times would be pretty cool (unless shot in the head)

You can't please everyone smile_o.gif

As for the always looking North, does that still happen even when the zombie's target is South, West or East of the unit?

If your target is to the North, they would look that way, as they use the DoWatch statement to, well, watch their target (no matter how far away he is) - having the zombies stare at you is creepy! smile_o.gif

ZOMBIE MOD PROGRESS:

People email me all the time asking "when is the next zombie mod going to be released" - it's nice having fans and all that lol, but I guess people don't realise how much work has to be put into the mod.

I am currently in the process of replacing most civilian zombie types with a custom model. I believe this will improve graphic quality and performance. Please bear with me as this work is tedious, and quite frankly, shit!!!  And don't email me unless you can help in some way tounge_o.gif

FYI, the work required to develop a single zombie is as follows:

1. Look up Ogrish

2. Identify & extract suitable textures (from pics of some poor unfortunate bastard, usually)

3. Use Photoshop elements to edit textures (very time consuming) and transfer them to 32-bit TARGA file. Make sure the TARGA file is suitable dimensions otherwise O2 can't load the feckin thing.

4. Load up o2

5. Make your model

6. Dick around with LODs (3 to 4) to minimise OFP "draw time"

7. Apply mass to model so it doesn't spin when shot

8. Make config.cpp for model.

9. Use MakePbo to compile a Pbo

10. Copy Pbo to Res/Addons

11. Start up Flashpoint

12. Go to mission editor.

13. Place zombie on map. Oh, what's that? I get a "magic" error. Great exception statement that, BIS!!! That means I have to look through P3D files for errors and missing textures. Go back to Step 5.

14. If zombie can be placed, make demo mission using model (usually west soldier and EAST zombie standing next to each other). Save mission.

15. Run about like a dick in the mission, looking at the zombie from all angles and distances, to ensure the LODs are all working properly (if they're not, you will see "white", indicating missing textures)

16. If zombie works OK, then add scripts.

17. Check all workfiles into Sourcesafe.

18. Alter main zombie mod config.cpp to incorporate new zombie.

19. Make pbo

20. Release to public.

21. Have public ignore readme.txt and ask the same question 100 times without RTFM biggrin_o.gif

You see why it takes so long to release the mod?

ghostface.gif

PS:

Mig: still working on that bat. Am absolutely fed up with bats, if I see one outside I'll take to it with a crowbar! (joke)

Got any new bat sounds? I need a bat attack sound that strikes fear into the player.