Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

the link from opec is broken,i get the mission download screen then nothing.can someone post this mission somewhere else so the rest of us can play this mission smile_o.gif

the link from opec is broken,i get the mission download screen then nothing.can someone post this mission somewhere else so the rest of us can play this mission smile_o.gif

Maybe it is a temporary prob, cause i've downloaded the mission friday night (6Mb). I have to leave today and don't have much time and a lousy connection , but if the prob persist i'll upload the mission for my host asap tounge_o.gif

Anyone seen Grabarz^^ around? I'll have to take a tighter rein on this team biggrin_o.gif

Getting some free time soon, I will check out General's (Maccollo) animations when I can. Go to the operation farmland page to take a look at them!

Other important news: we are taking on another scripting resource, so hopefully we'll have more new features twice as fast. Yeah right! Well thats the logic my bosses at the NHS take, but everyone who works in software dev knows that throwing more bodies at a problem don't fix jack! crazy_o.gif

But seriously, a new scripter will allow me to concentrate on the harder things like models and new features, so all is well in the zombie mod. I will announce our new resource as soon as the deal's finalised.

Changing the subject totally: all things come to an end. I can see the end of the OFP1 zombie mod in sight, and that's got to be a good thing, hasn't it? I mean, as soon as the zombies do what zombies are meant to do, and we hit the peak (not far away) where nothing can be optimised, our work is done and we can concentrate on chilling out, drinking beer, and actually PLAYING zombie missions instead of working. Yay!!!

PS:

I wonder if the zombie mod will work with VBS? Just wondering ;)

I'm here...and I have very bad news for OFP community (and for myself too) sad_o.gif Three words will say everything - hard disk breakdown sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif It's horrible...all my new work is gone...I had only one old backup sad_o.gifsad_o.gif New graves, new objects ,new broken cars...destroyed...F***ing life sad_o.gifsad_o.gif Everything is shattered...I have only these things completed (they were in backup):

- containers and 5T truck with them

- candles

- coffins and gurney

- 4 graves

- untextured Melex (hearse)

What now? I'm not useful now guys.. No motivation, no good perspectives...

oh my god. awww shit. not good grabarz^^. no motivasion?...... hmmm have had a situation like this once. my homewrok, 7 pages was saved on a disc. And I lost it and had to type it all over again. start making them again and you will get the motivasion back. don't start with the models that you lost.try with something new. when u've got the motivasion back u can start with the lost models. it's like playing thrue half a game and then u're saving over the file by misstake. u don't wanna do it again. but then u play another game, and after that game u'll maybe start with the game with the lost data again.

I'm here...and I have very bad news for OFP community (and for myself too) sad_o.gif Three words will say everything - hard disk breakdown sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif It's horrible...all my new work is gone...I had only one old backup sad_o.gifsad_o.gif New graves, new objects ,new broken cars...destroyed...F***ing life sad_o.gifsad_o.gif Everything is shattered...I have only these things completed (they were in backup):

- containers and 5T truck with them

- candles

- coffins and gurney

- 4 graves

- untextured Melex (hearse)

gah... thats shit! crazy_o.gif

anyways... chances are small that it will work..., but who knows? rock.gif

Don't you worry about it m8. That bad thing happened with me twice in the PCW times. Just keep the moral up soldier, we have plenty of zombies to face crazy_o.gif

It's happened to us all, Grabarz^^ sad_o.gif

You just have to dust yourself off, pick yerself up and get back in it again... life's like that.

I'd hate to lose all that work though. Don't know if I'd want to start from scratch again, takes a bit of determination to do that!

hey guys just wanted to let you know im making a multiplayer mission. its gonna be awesome! It has alot of addons the dmg shottys and skye and a sniper addon also the resi zombies!! Works great no bugs (yet). if u wanna check it out hit me up!

Sorry, been away on business for 3 days so haven't been around to answer any questions.

I am back home now, but have forgotten what I was doing lol smile_o.gif

So, here's the update: I won't be doing any new zombie mod work until after Xmas, sorry but there's too much drinking and carousing to be done. xmas_o.gif

I will of course answer technical queries...

Merry Xmas!!!

nein, retreiving data from a broken hard disc can only be done at special centres, and it will cost a LOAD! and isn't garuanteed to retrieve all.

sorry, but if you only have one HD, and don't want to waste a CD on a couple of (unfinished) addons you can just dump them in a zip / rar / ace file, put a 32-digit lock on it, and send it to someone over MSN (preferably a hacker so they will try to crack the code and won't delete it).

heh, i send a friend of mine a beta addon once (C&C Titan) , ten layers / 16-digit passcodes... it would take more then ONE YEAR if he would try to crack even one passcode biggrin_o.gif , by the time he would be finished C&C mode would've already released the full version tounge_o.gif .

Request For Zombie Behaviour.

1/ That the zomb's don't slow down when they approach you - they just keep running.

2/ That they grab for you when they attack rather than the "cowering/punching" movement they currently have.

3/ Scarier faces.

4/ That the crawling zombie doesn't leap into the air when it attacks you

5/ That the zomb's attack helo's on the ground (Scott's already said he's on this now - cool)

6/ That the zomb's come right up to you when they attack. Currently they can kill you while standing over a body-length away.

7/ That you are affected somehow, eg. pushed back or rocked, when a zombie lands a blow on you. As it stands, if you're attacked from behind, you don't know unless you fall down dead.

Sorry if I've repeated other requests. Perhaps a moderator could post a sticky somewhere with requests people have already made.

By the way, I'm loving this mod so much. I have made some hectic multi and single player maps already and look forward to releasing a campaign soon-ish.

Thanks again

Stiaan

Request For Zombie Behaviour.

1/ That the zomb's don't slow down when they approach you - they just keep running.

2/ That they grab for you when they attack rather than the "cowering/punching" movement they currently have.

3/ Scarier faces.

4/ That the crawling zombie doesn't leap into the air when it attacks you

5/ That the zomb's attack helo's on the ground (Scott's already said he's on this now - cool)

6/ That the zomb's come right up to you when they attack. Currently they can kill you while standing over a body-length away.

7/ That you are affected somehow, eg. pushed back or rocked, when a zombie lands a blow on you. As it stands, if you're attacked from behind, you don't know unless you fall down dead.

Sorry if I've repeated other requests. Perhaps a moderator could post a sticky somewhere with requests people have already made.

By the way, I'm loving this mod so much. I have made some hectic multi and single player maps already and look forward to releasing a campaign soon-ish.

Thanks again

Stiaan

1. Sorry, I can't change that, that's OFP's AI behaviour sad_o.gif

2. Maccollo's made such an animation.

3. Scarier faces? Of course. But it takes a lot of time to make a single zombie, far less an army of them.

4. OK, point taken.

5. In progress. But appearing well after Xmas. Too much beer and turkey to consume first tounge_o.gif

6. They come within 1 metre of you before attacking. I presume you are not using script update RC3 from www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz ?

7. Could do that, but that might really annoy some people. It is possible though...

Hey Zombie, do you know how to merge the animations with teh zombies? i dont want to have to say this playmove "maccolloattack" every time i want them to kill someone, has anyone been able to implent them into the game, if so where can i get it

No, I am waiting for the animations to become final before I incorporate them.

If anyone else has made a pack that incorporates them, then they'll severely piss me off crazy_o.gif

Hey Zombie, do you know how to merge the animations with teh zombies? i dont want to have to say this playmove "maccolloattack" every time i want them to kill someone, has anyone been able to implent them into the game, if so where can i get it

The animations are being developed so it will takes some time till they are finnished. After that, and soon i hope, zombies will have a cfg moves class and no need of that exercise smile_o.gif

The animations are being developed so it will takes some time till they are finnished. After that, and soon i hope, zombies will have a cfg moves class and no need of that exercise smile_o.gif

That all depends on how good the walking animations are Mig..

I won't start editing cfgMoves if the zombies don't walk "right". Also I will only edit cfgMoves when the zombies die from headshots only-if they're gonna walk slow, they have to be hard to take down.

Mr T, why arent you on MSN anymore? rock.gif

Cos I'm chillin oot!!! This is no time for zombies or talking about OFP... this is Xmas... time for beer and erm... more beer! tounge_o.gif

Mr T, why arent you on MSN anymore? rock.gif

Cos I'm chillin oot!!! This is no time for zombies or talking about OFP... this is Xmas... time for beer and erm... more beer!  tounge_o.gif

But I cant show you all my little side projects *cough*pimp*cough* wink_o.gif