Martins dc-3 is ready to download!

Top notch work as usual Martin   biggrin_o.gif

Did someone say Hostage Rescue???

*heads off to the editing bunker wink_o.gif

First: great plane, I really like it.

second, some things need to be improved I think

-you can't shoot the passangers when you're walking through the plane

-wheels don't spin on the ground, or atleast I havn't noticed

This is mostly nitpicking, so great job Martin and keep on going with your nice addons

The weel problem is:

OFP engine....there arent any planes in OFP with rolling wheels....

or with a nosegear that moves around like IRL to make taxing alot easyer.... I hate taxing planes in OFP.... it feels just like drivng a car but with joystick and throtle instead

sad_o.gif

This is mostly nitpicking, so great job Martin and keep on going with your nice addons

The weel problem is:

AIA P51

AIA Spitfire

AIA Me109

AIA Go229

WWIIEC F4U Corsair

all have rolling wheels. feel free to download and try any or all of the above mentioned planes and see for yourself.  smile_o.gif

WWIIEC Pacific Division

Trenchfeets Website with the AIA Fighters

The weel problem is:

Trenchfeets planes have spinning wheels when on ground

But since the start-up smoke effect originally also came from Trenchfeet (as stated in the readme), we hopefully see spinning wheels on this beautyfull Dc-3 smile_o.gif

i just emailed Martin with a link to our unbinerized F4U so perhaps his addon genious can figure out how we (WWIIECPD) did it and perhaps implement it on teh DC3 as well as the upcoming C47

erm how do u taxi with this thing its got the nose up all the time on the ground

i just emailed Martin with a link to our unbinerized F4U so perhaps his addon genious can figure out how we (WWIIECPD) did it and perhaps implement it on teh DC3 as well as the upcoming C47

That´s nice!

Good to see how addon makers can work together and share their knowledge!

Thx for that.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Been playing around with it.  Maybe you should remove the passengers ejection seats  tounge_o.gif

Wanted to get a screenshot of some people doing a jump and it somewhat looking out the door.  But then they all flew right out the top.

that's a great idea, a civillian para version of this plane.

I don't care are about another version. But it's kinda goofy to have people shooting through the roof. This is a civil version. If anything he would need a camo version.

Very nice addon.

I planned using it as a 1940's plane. But than I took a look at the toilet. I could help thinking that any 1940's passenger who takes a look at the newspaper will ask himself "who in St.Peters name are the Taliban?" tounge_o.gif

I would think twice before using microsoft stuff without their explicit agreement, MSes legal department is quite trigger-happy. crazy_o.gif

Look...

Martin isn't making any money from using the MS textures. We are all enjoying this addon. It is well made and looks fantastic.

Where's the F*CKING PROBLEM?!?! crazy_o.gif

Jakob taliban...A soldier wink_o.gif

But never saw those wheels on the planes...

Gonna fire up OFP and see if they are there biggrin_o.gif

i've emailed martin to offer him help with the scripting and some other "stuff" so its up to him if he needs the extra help

Quote[/b] ]erm how do u taxi with this thing its got the nose up all the time on the ground

it a bit harder in ofp because the taxiways are narrow, but what you do is zig zag down the taxi way looking out the front left window, as the edge of the taxiway dissapears head to the right time the distance and keep doing that etc...

i've emailed martin to offer him help with the scripting and some other "stuff" so its up to him if he needs the extra help

It would be nice if he releases the Allied DC-3`s with a

WWII-pilot blues.gif

Any chance you help him with that aswell?

or suggest it .....I really dont like to see a civillian or a or modern west pilot on it sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]erm how do u taxi with this thing its got the nose up all the time on the ground

it a bit harder in ofp because the taxiways are narrow, but what you do is zig zag down the taxi way looking out the front left window, as the edge of the taxiway dissapears head to the right time the distance and keep doing that etc...

having flown in real life. this is in fact how u taxi down the runway

Don't know if this was a one in a million or a design feature. But I just survived a 300mph crash into the coastline. I tried popping down the landing gear right before the crash. Might have had an effect

Don't know if this was a one in a million or a design feature.  But I just survived a 300mph crash into the coastline.  I tried popping down the landing gear right before the crash.  Might have had an effect

damn. and mine blew up when i attempted to belly land it doing 57. u gotta teach me that trick Harnu biggrin_o.gif

It would be nice if he releases the Allied DC-3`s with a

WWII-pilot blues.gif

Any chance you help him with that aswell?

or suggest it .....I really dont like to see a civillian or a or modern west pilot on it sad_o.gif

I spoke to him via e-mail and he says that yes he is going to make a US Army version of it for all us WW2 OFP buffs   unclesam.gif

Edit:

Heres a link to his C47 project;

Martins' C47 project

Any one know the line I would have to type in to get the gear up. When I have the ai in the air at the start the gear stays down.

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps, perhaps not.  If he really did use Microsoft textures do you think that it would prevent anyone from buying a Microsoft flight simulation program???  Other then just giving credit to the original artists (which he really should do if he did use other's textures or modified other people's textures), I don't think it's that big of a deal as he's not selling this product and it's not competing with Microsoft products.

I think he should at least mention Microsoft in the readme... This is what I call stealing. Its not that I like microsoft, but I think its a bit unfair....

Well, at least we should be able to use MSFS 2004 repaints, it wouldnt require very much editing.

Here's an idea: just shut up! mad_o.gif

People just like yourself make Martin want to stop making addons. All you have done in this thread is whine about FS2004, and listen: sad_o.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NO ONE CARES</span>

'Nuff said. mad_o.gif

First, I'd like to congratulate Martin on this great plane, it's a joy to fly and watch in OFP.  While he deserves praise for this work, many have pointed out that he has used textures from MS-2004.  While this seems to be the case, what is interesting is the community´s reaction.  I am not going to judge Martin or in any way discourage him from producing more addons. It would be a loss for our community if he did.   There are however a few posts that I cannot let go without a comment.  There is a principal here, that in this case seems to be dismissed in favor of recieving, but I hope still is respected in the community.  

I have recieved a number of e-mails where I am asked permission to re-texture or include my Antonov in certain mods.

Let's suppose Vit, who is producing a Russian transport as we speak, uses my Antonov texures in his addon without my permission, for example the interior cargo or external, that I spent a heck of a lot of work on, is the above quote the kind of reaction my plea for due credit would get??!  

If that is the case, does that not discourage me and other addon makers from putting much work into our addons as well?   rock.gif

We all know it's stealing when you take someone else property without their permission.

Not saying that you did, is generally perceived as passing off someone elses work as your own.  That is even worse.  

That makes a lot of us uncomfortable and if we say so, it's perceived here as whining  rock.gif  

But then we get to the fact that this was Microsofts property, and it's ok (right) to "share" their work smile_o.gif Would Martin have gotten permission from the makers of FS-2004 to use their textures in a non profit addon for another game?  Probably not.

As I said, I'm not going to judge Martin, simply because he didn't "rip" them off as such.. The textures in FS-2004 are infinately better and their model is much nicer in every way.  Except that you can't walk around in or outside of it, flush the toilet, open the doors, eject the passengers through the roof, see that much smoke from the engine start and all the other lovely OFP-Only things smile_o.gif

Martins DC-3´s fuselage is a bit bulgier on top than MS´s one. Doesn´t look any worse for it, just a detail.

Bottom line, Martin probably could have mentioned the texture thing in the readme, and we'd not be having this negative sub-thread interweaving a good discussion for a good addon.  

Hope we all continue to see new and exciting addons for this amazing game, all the way until OFP2 comes out  unclesam.gif

Konyak

Great Job just wish you would add a american one also and i hope you make a ch-47 skytrain and a ch-47 Douglas unclesam.gif

Konyak you bring up a vaild point. This is actually an issue on several other threads as well regarding intellectual property rights when it comes to models and textures.

My own opinion is that a mod team should try to make contact with the creators of a particular model or texture. If that fails, in my own opinion I think it's ok to use those models or textures AS LONG AS THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR GETS FULL CREDIT FOR THOSE MODELS OR TEXTURES.

Since we're not sellling anything what matters is to be recognized for our hard work and that's what credits are for.

As for textures and models from companies...well if it doesn't hurt their bottomline then it shouldn't matter. However Microsoft lawyers are well known for going above and beyond the call of legal duty and going after anyone who even looks wrong at them. I wouldn't be surprised to see them going to court claiming they own the patent on the entire genre of flight simulation.

So anyways, aside from the risk from Microsoft lawyers, I don't think its a big deal as long as he gives credit where credit is due.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>