Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

poliisi1.jpg

Finnish Police 23.2.2004

Finnish policemen investigating traffic accident in little village near East Border. One civilian dead and two others slighty wounded. Alcohol was involved in this accident. Drinking and driving is not fun. Finnish police used Saab 900i during 80s and early 90s. Policemen usually carry just Glock pistol as their armament, unless in difficult situation where they need extra stopping power like shotgun, sniper rifle or submachinegun. Handcuffs, flashing lights and siren included.

Gotta love the saab 900. tounge_o.gif

[/url]http://koti.mbnet.fi/fdfmod/newspics/poliisi1.jpg[/url]

Finnish Police 23.2.2004

Finnish policemen investigating traffic accident in little village near East Border. One civilian dead and two others slighty wounded. Alcohol was involved in this accident. Drinking and driving is not fun. Finnish police used Saab 900i during 80s and early 90s. Policemen usually carry just Glock pistol as their armament, unless in difficult situation where they need extra stopping power like shotgun, sniper rifle or submachinegun. Handcuffs, flashing lights and siren included.

Gotta love the saab 900. tounge_o.gif

Hehe, I hope you will include some mullet clad ice-hockey supporters to go with these. Outstanding work FDFMOD team, keep it up biggrin_o.gif

Yes, actually we have a Saab 900 in our household. tounge_o.gif Looks nice.

Btw have you considered the PKM? rock.gif

Will the police units be added to the civilians or resistance?

Resistance. Also I would like to mention that the included handcuffs really work wink_o.gif. Although it's unclear if they will ever work in MP with human players sad_o.gif.

OK I`ve been playing FDF from it`s first release and it`s cray really..I am in love with the campaign can`t wait to see the second part..I like it`s TC feeling and I have only one suggestion:

I think what would complete the feeling of this mod and it`s extraodinary quallity would be some finish buildings.Anything will do:houses,hangers,apartments,country style farms.Maybe some new ground textures.You should check the work of JC on Normandy island,it gives a great example of what can be done.Are you working on this for any new realeses of your mod?

I agree with quicKsanD, "Finnish" buildings would be very good to enhance the feeling of the islands. Mostly civilian buildings, military buildings are pretty generic from country to country I feel.

Something like these would help set the feeling:

Swedish apartment complex in Skellefteĺ. (Shouldn't be too different in Finland)

Fifties/Sixties/Seventies housing. I see alot of similar buildings around here.

Perfect for the Karjala island and the small islands on Eastern border map.

Very typical for Swedens/Finlands suburbs I think, colorful but still a boring slab.

Again, perfect for the eastern border map.

The housing is quite similar here in Finland compared to Sweden. But I assume that making these kind additions would take resources and time from making weapons and other military stuff.

I dont think anybody cant be arsed to fix FDF: Karjala, it was pretty much a "temporary island" before east border.

Ahhh, extreme duudsons. It was a TV show of bunch guys doing Jackass style tricks on television. Basically stuff that every kid did as a child, I still fondly remember fireworks fights biggrin_o.gif

As a side note, I've been told that other dude in that video served in Finnish special forces. I wonder if they taught that there tounge_o.gif

Can you correct your bmp's? They have some problems in front of them and behind them. I think they have some LODs bigger than numeric - that the problem. Maybe you fogot to rescale some?

Concerning the buildings, I think a person called Ares has done ne Finnishlike buildings for his map, was it Emäsalo?

Concerning the buildings, I think a person called Ares has done ne Finnishlike buildings for his map, was it Emäsalo?

You mean a sauna? ;)

could you please reduce the roll rate on the mig a tad its a bit of twichy bird to fly with a joystick compared to all the other ofp planes

and could you please get rid of some of trees at the end of the runway at the end of the runway on the border map as ive never seen an ai plane take off once without smashing into a pine try two seconds later tounge_o.gif

Aye, i second that; Get rid of those trees! And for the working handcuffs..... U GUYS RULE! One of my old wishes for OFP coming true

could you please reduce the roll rate on the mig a tad its a bit of twichy bird to fly with a joystick compared to all the other ofp planes

I think this was discussed a while back, and the author of the individual addon (Kegetys) said that he makes his stuff from how he uses it. Wich is without a joystick. But I hope that he can work something out for you.

I think this was discussed a while back, and the author of the individual addon (Kegetys) said that he makes his stuff from how he uses it. Wich is without a joystick. But I hope that he can work something out for you.

No. No. Not this discussion again...

Most of people still play OFP with keyboard and mouse. Therefore those planes have to be configured for kbd+mouse controllers. The way Kege has configured them for kbd+mouse in earlier versions of FDFMOD is good. Same (or atleast very similar) method will be used in future releases too. Good point and suggestion anyway, thanks.

I really hope that everyone would be happy with current settings.

About those Finnish looking buildings:

I guess we all can agree that vehicles/weapons/units go at higher priority than buildings. Ofcourse nice and detailed buildings would be lovely and look fantastic at screenshots, but who really looks at them during combat? wink_o.gif

This is still infantry/armored warfare simulation - not "life simulation" like Sims wink_o.gif

its ok i can fix it myself any way just means i need to some jiggery pokery with the config tounge_o.gif

please consider the trees though

@ Feb. 25 2004,12:25)]I really hope that everyone would be happy with current settings.

Hi, great work guys, FDF is the Mod I enjoy most playing (I think I gonna make my standard shortcut to OFP to FDF  smile_o.gif  )

But I too have to say something about the MiG-21. It's OK, if Kegetys configures it as he plays it, but for me the MiGs are sliding when turning on ground; they barely can get on the runway, but they start, at least.

When in air, they turn immediately right and loose speed and height, then crash into some hills in the desert near to the factory (on Nogova). I then tried myself flying a MiG (I fly with keyboard only) and it is almost impossible to turn with this plane (and for AI, too).

The plane looses a lot of speed and then it looses height. Once in such a situation the plane turns in direction to ground: even Afterburners won't save you from crashing.

If you decide to not change behaviour, then it's OK, but the AI is crashing everytime for me, so they are basically useless (unless you want to have a plane crash in your mission; you don't have to do anything  tounge_o.gif  )

And I want to thank you for the campaign, I enjoyed the peacekeeping campaign more than every other user made campaign. Human voices are just way better than just TitleText  smile_o.gif

But there was some kind of bug in the last mission (the sniper one). I shot at Tosev (he was the left one I think) and I missed. I shot once more and killed him (as the entry team was ordered to go into the building) BUT the building exploded though! I saw how the entry team went into the destroyed building and then a communist rebel came healthy out of it  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I guess we all can agree that vehicles/weapons/units go at higher priority than buildings. Ofcourse nice and detailed buildings would be lovely and look fantastic at screenshots, but who really looks at them during combat?

This is still infantry/armored warfare simulation - not "life simulation" like Sims

Well if there are some finnlooking buildings there, why not use them in a island?

I understood that Ares is doing a island of his own, dont know in what stage the work is though..

But I too have to say something about the MiG-21. It's OK, if Kegetys configures it as he plays it, but for me the MiGs are sliding when turning on ground; they barely can get on the runway, but they start, at least.

The ground sliding is an OFP feature, though in current development version of FDFmod I fixed it with a simple antisliding script so its quite easy to "drive" on ground with all the planes now.

Quote[/b] ]When in air, they turn immediately right and loose speed and height, then crash into some hills in the desert near to the factory (on Nogova). I then tried myself flying a MiG (I fly with keyboard only) and it is almost impossible to turn with this plane (and for AI, too).

The plane looses a lot of speed and then it looses height. Once in such a situation the plane turns in direction to ground: even Afterburners won't save you from crashing.

The AI flying was broken by the newest OFP beta patch, nothing I can do about that. When you are in the stick, you must watch the speed all the time when turning (don't do too tight turns), if you let it drop too low then you are sure to fall down. Use the afterburner if necessary to keep the speed high at all times, make sure it wont drop much below 500 when turning and you should be fine...

letting the nose down during a tight turn will put you into a spiral wich can be deadly so it is very important that you keep your nose leveled and add more power