Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

Ummwhere can i find those grey camo'ed guys? Which one are those , sorry i just got the pack and am a bit flustered tounge_o.gif

IT TOOK ME 8 HRS TO GET THIS crazy_o.gif

Anyway d/dling Naguals mission biggrin_o.gif

Heres a conversion i did of the BIS 1985 Counterstrike mission you'll need VIT_APC pack and AAV by TOW and ofcourse the Marine assault pack to play.

Counterstrike mission

I'll make some of my 'OWN' rather then conversions later.

I have now seen some pics of a russian soldier with a sniper...

hmmm I have looked at every russian soldier ingame but I cant find the soldier with the snipe rock.gif

something I have missed ?

Ummwhere can i find those grey camo'ed guys? Which one are those , sorry i just got the pack and am a bit flustered tounge_o.gif

IT TOOK ME 8 HRS TO GET THIS  crazy_o.gif

Anyway d/dling Naguals mission biggrin_o.gif

Heres a conversion i did of the BIS 1985 Counterstrike mission you'll need VIT_APC pack and AAV by TOW and ofcourse the Marine assault pack to play.

Counterstrike mission

I'll make some of my 'OWN' rather then conversions later.

Force Recon soldiers, they're in the same category as the rest of the USMC. smile_o.gif

I understand the whole "Dead Men Can't Recon" thing, but is there an option to turn it off?

My, how we love to read our readme's.  There should be a guide to TactEvents in the same folder as the addons.  There is a master on/off switch and each effect also has a switch.

Sorry, forgot to look at the ReadMe. crazy_o.gif

Ok thanks silent , gollum smile_o.gif

Afetr playing a bit more i might say that my over-all opinion on these units is a bit like Lees , sorry. The Force Recon is looking VERY VERY good but the normal USMC units , and their weapons just dont seem to have that special thingo about them that we saw in the beta pics sad_o.gif

Btw Nagual your mission is giving me CTD's may i know why is that which addons have you used beside Tonal and Marines? rock.gif

ok... had a few runs with the marines and i just want to say i freaking love them!!! outta control.. I love the guns mostly.. lol.. the M16 is so much better than anything that ever came out.. when i first brought up my sights i was like.. how the hell am i gonna hit anything with this.. shot a few bursts and took a team of spetz natz right out... i like the less recoil.. makes me look more "ELITE" however the saw could have some extra recoil added..

and just another thing i was just a tad bit let down with

Snipers were absent from the pack, but fixable.. ill take someone with a boonie hat and camo his face and.. someone plz tell me what sniper rifles do USMC use?

overall: great work Digital Grenade Team... These are by FAR the best weapons (East and West) and the best soldiers (East and West)... now its bout time for some Hummvee's and a UH1-N.

Very very nice work!! It's a shame I gotta leave for holiday tonight, I'd rather be playing with this stuff all week  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway if you want you can add another mirror, courtesy of Zeus.

Marine Assault Pack

Have a nice weekend and merry xmas

Optics... everything is pretty much point-and-click.  You shouldn't have trouble hitting with anything except maybe the M249 scope and suppressed weapons.

The M249 is set for 300m and uses the '300m' line.  I don't have a pic of the optic, but it's the main crosshairs, where the lines actually cross each other.  On Full Auto bursts because of the bouncy recoil, i find the top of the reticule is a good mark to use.

Suppressed weapons have a more curved bullet trajectory, so in order to hit center of the reticule at the calibrated distance, it shoots upwards then curves down to the target.  Most optics are set at around 400m I think.  This will cause bullets to strike high at close range.

Russian grenade launchers use a quadrant sight, it's an arm that rotates on a hinge.  You rotate it to the distance you want then use the quadrant sight's iron sights to aim at the target (the rifle will be pointing upwards).  Optics are static in OFP, so this isn't possible.

Instead i tried to simulate the ability of a grenadier.  The top mark is bore, then the three cross-marks are for 100m,200m, and 300m shots on level ground.  The vertical part of the crossmark is roughly equal to the height of a man.

The USMC sight doesn't really mean anything, it too can't be used properly in OFP.  You just have to practice, but I can tell you that Suchey and Tex are killers with it.

I have a bug:

When I have a group of 4 or more US Marines there's always one more Marine ingame but not in the editor.

Looks quite stupid to have 4 desert marines and then the woodland one. And it's also quite annoying because if you place 12 units in the editor you can't press preview because the game recognizes 13 in one group.

None the less, great addon. I like the Force Recon and the Spetznatz the most smile_o.gif

It's 'hidden' under the squad leader in the editor. Try to move the marine and you'll see that there is another marine underneath it smile_o.gif

Arch.

@Earl: Thanks a lot, cleared thing up. smile_o.gif

@Acecombat, what do you mean, they used other units in the beta pics? tounge_o.gif Or just that they don't *seem* as good in-game? rock.gif In that case, it's just your own fault for expecting too much. wink_o.gif

Well, some people were hyping this pack like it would had been the second coming of jesus.. biggrin_o.gif

However, those russian units look real nice, im not interested in USMC troops anyways. tounge_o.gif

Hi,

Thanks for your pack, great marines... I like the new optics, I hope somehone replace the old BIS & JAM (@ECP) by these new one...

But, I'm wan to know if you have in plan to add more weapons ? (It would be great to have a pack with all default OFP weapons but in High-Resolution !) Yes the M16A4 and AK74M are great, the best looking model I seen on OFP, so do you have in plan to make high resolution of (please, please, please do it)

- AK47 ?

- AK74 ?

- M16A1 ?

- M16A2 ?

- M16A3 ?

- Bizon ?

- Dragunov ?

- AK-100 Serie ?

- Groza-1?

- AS Val , VSS Vintorez ?

Also in the reamde I see this :

-"C8X_usmcJAM.PBO"

-"C8X_rusJAM.PBO"

But I can't find it on the RAR files, so where can I download these ?

Also I think the recoil is to low...

Please tell us if you have a plan to add something on your pack...

Sorry for asking this, but I can't find the readme, where is it? sad_o.gif

Is there an ammo crate which contains Javelins?

I have some suggestions for the next update (If theres going to be one)

I think you should remove the "Saddam Ace of spade" card from the soldiers, it looks really silly IMO

I also think that you should remove the tracers from the rifles

Weapon suggestions

Russians:

- PKM (I really think you should add this, they really need a MG)

- SVD (Maybe SVD-S)

- VSS (For the spetsnaz)

- SVU-A (For the spetsnaz)

- AKM(S) with supressor (For the spetsnaz)

- AN-94 (For the spetsnaz)

- AK-100 series (For the spetsnaz)

- Makarov PMM or MP-443 "Grach"

- RG-6 grenadelauncher

- RPG-7 (with HE and AT rounds)

- SAIGA 12K (For the spetsnaz)

USMC:

- M40

- M240G

- M9 (Should be easy, use the BIS model, and new config and optics)

Quote[/b] ]- AK74 ?

Why? When they have the AK-74M

Quote[/b] ]- M16A1 ?

Why? When they have the M4A1, and its pretty unrealistic too see a US soldier with a M16A1 today

Quote[/b] ]- M16A2 ?

Why? When they have the M16A4

Quote[/b] ]- M16A3 ?

Why? When they have the M4A1

Anyway, these are just my suggestions... Thanks again for the pack, its great