Military rifles of the world.

Dutch forces use:

Diemaco C7FT with 3x ELCAN

Diemaco C8FT with 3x ELCAN

FN Minimi para with 6X ELCAN

FN MAG58

Glock 17

AI AWM

I prolly forgot some stuff (or got some stuff wrong), since I'm not really up to date with our army's equipment tounge_o.gif

My favourite G36 modification is the AG36 I used during my last missions.

Hey, you're back?! Nice. Welcome back! smile_o.gif

imo the price for the most futuristic looking standard issue rifle has to go to South Africa:

[im]http://world.guns.ru/assault/vektor_cr21.jpg[/img]

Vektor CR-21

that does even more look like a toy than the xm-8  tounge_o.gif

btw: good to see you back Bals  smile_o.gif  how was your time in congo ?

Hi Mr Burns

I hear that that is a bull-pupped AK is that correct?

If that is correct you would be getting the reliability and simplicity of the AK with the increased accuracy inherent in the bulpup design.

I await your opinion (if you have used it)

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

On an aside.

I am suprised no one has married caseless or plastic or celulose shell case amunition with a bull-pup design. That removes the one major disadvantage of the bulpups They only work for righthanders and cannot be fired round lefthand corners without exposing the soldier. Another option would be a variable direction eject port.

Kind Regards Walker

Regarding vector..

Quote[/b] ]

Internally, this rifle is a the ol' good AK-47, or, to be more precise - the Galil. The CR-21 has the same "old AK" style machined steel receiver, trigger and bolt group. Fire selector is a Galil-styled, ambidextrous, and located at the rear part of the gun. Safety switch is button-style, and located in the triggerguard. The receiver is fully enclosed in polymer buttstock, unlike the other latest bull-pup designs, where receivers are integral parts of the stock (or vice versa smile_o.gif. On the top of the receiver there is a rails for quick intercangeable scopes. Standart scope is 1X (no magnivication) with light gathering device and illuminated reticle (no batteries required).

From world.guns.ru. blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]They only work for righthanders and cannot be fired round lefthand corners without exposing the soldier. Another option would be a variable direction eject port.

I think that the FAMAS can be quickly switched from left-side ejection to right-side ejection.

Quote[/b] ]They only work for righthanders and cannot be fired round lefthand corners without exposing the soldier. Another option would be a variable direction eject port.

I think that the FAMAS can be quickly switched from left-side ejection to right-side ejection.

that's the matter of a minute , if not seconds on the battlefield depending on the gunner's experience ...... better not loose small parts smile_o.gif

The Canadian Military uses the Diemico C7-8 as normal assault rifles. Which are actually built here, I beleive. We also use the C6, and the C9A1 for support weapons.

C6

C7

C8

C9

imo the price for the most futuristic looking standard issue rifle has to go to South Africa:

Vektor CR-21

That's just an AK-47 with plastic on it.

AFAIK the Steyr AUG can also be quickly converted for lefties. Atleast the ones i can buy have a piece to change the ejection direction.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/famas_g2_all.jpg

Is it just me or does that FAMAS look like it is 'humping' that M203?

it is hehehehehe , that was the only way we found to put the launcher under the rifle ...........

all that to be able to use the now standard 40mm rounds ...... we had rifle grenades which did a perfect job ....

Vektor CR-21

Well if we're going to follow that reasoning, then the XM-8 is just a G36 with even more plastic on it rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Hi blackdog~

Yes  biggrin_o.gif

And a very sensible thing to do.

Take the most simple and reliable assault weapon of the last 50 or 60 years. A tried, tested and refined design. Bullpup it: to resolve its only problem; its accuracy, and coat it with polyurathane to make it stronger as well as more water and dustproof.

Like you said "That's just an AK-47 with plastic on it." a briliant, beautiful, efficient; design concept.

Kind Regards Walker

Sweden: The AK-5 is the standard rifle. It's a modification of the FNC and uses standard NATO 5,56 mm ammunition.

http://www.soldf.com/images/s_ak5_nykolv.jpg

niiice.... smile_o.gif

I guess the CDN weapons were listed already...

@Bals: Welcome back! And the last time you said you were waiting for clearance we got no info. tounge_o.gif

@Bals: Welcome back!  And the last time you said you were waiting for clearance we got no info.  tounge_o.gif

Oh, that's right! wow_o.gif

Time to tell us something, don't you think? rock.gifmad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Come on people! We must have more nationalites than USA, UK, Germany, Canada, France, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Denmark, and China here! Post your rifles.

Walker & Blackdog remove image tags when quoting please.

Come on people! We must have more nationalites than USA, UK, Germany, Canada, France, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Denmark, and China here! Post your rifles.

I posted Finland's rifles on the second page! mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Well, estonians had AK-4s, Galils, M16A1s and AK-47s if I recall correctly. wink_o.gif

I posted Finland's rifles on the second page! mad_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Sorry mate, I forgot Finnland. wink_o.gif