Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

Lets talk usmc

I mailed Earl about these.Maybe he will reply with something.

earl made an M40Ar model. I thoguht it looked pretty good, but he siad it wasn't that good at all. But I think with decent textures it could be really nice.

will your V-22 O be able to hover and fly like a plane

If everything works out right,The V-22 might fly like the Falklands SeaHarrier.

What about your AR-15.
usmc dead?

No,Just slow

Well,

It's basically done.

1. Woodland camo paint:

a. aimpoint

b. eotech + surefire light (non working) and foregrip

c. aimpoint sd

d. sniper

2. Desert camo paint

a. aimpoint

b. eotech + surefire light (non working) and foregrip

c. aimpoint sd

d. sniper

All JAM compatible

I am quite happy with models and not so with textures.

I used BAS eotech p3d model (got permission)

Earl's aimpoint p3d model (permission pending)

Inquisitor's 1st person sniper sight (permission pending)

That I think will be replaced later on.

Sniper is not an usmc rifle but I think I'll make it.

Somebody wanted to see this.its not really anything new just some added extras.

AH-1ZColor.jpg

Very nice Ah-1Z! always is good to see USMC addons in progress biggrin_o.gif

Looks like Ive put 2 to many rocket pads on that AH-1Z.Anyways Heres alittle something on the AAVP7A1.Nothing fancy But its getting there.

AAVP7A1p1.jpg

clap clap clap. very nice edd. your invention continue to impresse me and the nation smile_o.gif

AWESOME work..

But the textures look a bit strange. I'm not sure, but the green looks a bit strange to me. In my own language we call it "korrelig". I don't know a correct translation, but it means the texture have a lot of little spots on them. Like this a metal surface doesn't look like a smooth painted surfacem but like a heavily wheathered plate. Most of the AAV7's paintjods look very clean and good and that usually kept that way because they operate in saltwater. Could be JPEG compression and stuff like that, though.

I suggest contacting the COMBAT! mod to match you colors to theirs (if you want that). That would be nice.

I also hope that the cammopattern will aslo be painted on the armorplates on the side? I know that on some photos those plates are only painted in plain green, but it seems in Irak most were painted in cammo (unless they were painted in desert pattern). I think it looks better if they are in cammo.

Perhaps you could have some bags and stuff like that hanging from the sides (like on the COMBAT! bradley's) and perhaps a nice orange flag on top to simulate the use of this vehicle in a modern conflict.

And indeed I think the UH-1 has only two hardpoint on each wing.

The AH-1 series has 1 per wing. The UH1H/N can carry stub wings with 1 pod each.

Yeah,I know about the textures.But im not a good texture artist.Ive tried to use clean looking textures on the AAV but it just didnt look right.So I plan to leave it looking dirty.or half ass dirty.The LAV will look the same as well.But who knows maybe Ill come up with something totally different.Ill just have to improvise.

outstanding marine... improvise....lol sorry i love the marines too good job on the work soo far

to continue on the textures;

Let me first say that I think your work is awesome and that I know how hard it is to make good textures.

Perhaps you'll like this idea;

Have most of the textures look clean. But on the top of the tanks you could add footprints (like on the BTR-T by sebastian for example) and on the lower sides you could add dust and dirt.

You could also ask the COMBAT! mod to help you out. You never know. A good model needs good textures to really look good in OFP. Actually the textures are the most underestimated and most closesly kept secret of good addons. Look at Marfy's retextured BIS truck; it looks very good, but the model didn't change. Textures did the job.

Yeah,I know about the textures.But im not a good texture artist.Ive tried to use clean looking textures on the AAV but it just didnt look right.So I plan to leave it looking dirty.or half ass dirty.The LAV will look the same as well.But who knows maybe Ill come up with something totally different.Ill just have to improvise.

I'll send you some metal textures and texture aging stuff and maybe you can fool around with those. Come to think of it, if you want, I can send you a whole mess of textures from out texture library. They aren't all labled and organized yet, but there are literaly thousands of them. smile_o.gif

This mod is doing really good, Shadow, remember the begining of this topic? Your mod was dying, too much to do, but it looks like you guys are doing well still. Keep up the good Work!

Marines are the best in the world and to have some good marine shit out there in the OFP community would be very nice. Semper Fi, Do or Die Marines!

~Bmg

This mod is doing really good, Shadow, remember the begining of this topic? Your mod was dying, too much to do, but it looks like you guys are doing well still.  Keep up the good Work!

Marines are the best in the world and to have some good marine shit out there in the OFP community would be very nice.  Semper Fi, Do or Die Marines!

~Bmg

you guys AFAIK Shadow is working alone on all these addons.

I think the textures of the AAV looks really good wink_o.gif

Keep up the great work m8 wink_o.gif

Quote (bmgarcangel @ June 15 2004,17:20)

This mod is doing really good, Shadow, remember the begining of this topic? Your mod was dying, too much to do, but it looks like you guys are doing well still. Keep up the good Work!

Marines are the best in the world and to have some good marine shit out there in the OFP community would be very nice. Semper Fi, Do or Die Marines!

~Bmg

Semper Fi do or die wow very nice lol tounge_o.gif